• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary to sidestep democratic process by claiming phantom delagates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Fragula said:
I'd much rather see someone who knows what they're doing in the US' White House.

Like insulting Putin before you even get in there is a great idea.

Considering the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, Russia could make life very difficult without really having to do anything themselves.

Clinton is a really careless woman.

Phoenix

JDSN said:
I was just kidding about the misogynistic thing, but then again considering the amount of bullshit that some people post here it doesnt surprise me that you guys took me seriously. :D

You probably made a huge assumption about people knowing what misogyny was :)

Phoenix

Sir Fragula said:
I'd much rather see someone who knows what they're doing in the US' White House.

I'd imagine that running an entire country is no different than having a child - no matter how prepared you think you are, the only experience you really get is on the job. I don't believe anyone can really be 'experienced enough' to do this job unless they've already done it. Considering that, I look to the candidates themselves and what motivates them - and what they believe in; and how they behave to determine what type of character they have. Everything else they will learn on the job.

Phoenix said:
I'd imagine that running an entire country is no different than having a child - no matter how prepared you think you are, the only experience you really get is on the job. I don't believe anyone can really be 'experienced enough' to do this job unless they've already done it. Considering that, I look to the candidates themselves and what motivates them - and what they believe in; and how they behave to determine what type of character they have. Everything else they will learn on the job.

But Hillary has done the job. She ran the country for Bill.

Heezzi

Banned
Bulla564 said:
As a disenfranchised voter in FL, let me star off by saying FUCK YOU to the Democratic leadership.

With that said, the only right thing to do is for the dems to pay out of pocket for new primaries in FL and Michigan, so that our votes can count (even if it doesn't change a thing).

Blah Blah. They shouldn't have pushed up the elections. PERIOD. I am also a Florida voter. It sucks. Suck it up.

Okin

This almost seems to harsh, but I'm calling it now. Hillary Clinton is the George W. Bush of the Democratic party.

Rorschach

killakiz said:
kkkHillaryObama.jpg
A part of me wants to see Hillary win because it would guarantee the most bitter tears on both sides of the spectrum. Of course, since that's the case, there's no chance of that happening. :p

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I hope Hillary gets the super delegates to vote for her (and Obama ends up with the majority of delegates) and damages the Democratic party in a huge way. That would be so sweet.

Dyno

Dr_Cogent said:
I hope Hillary gets the super delegates to vote for her (and Obama ends up with the majority of delegates) and damages the Democratic party in a huge way. That would be so sweet.

That would be cool as it would perfectly illustrate what Obama's been talking about when it comes to change in the political system.

Flo_Evans

I dunno, the 21 year old super delegate (yeah) that has been on the news recently said bill clinton has been calling him and he went to lunch with chelsea. I don't think they can outright buy any of them off, but promise positions and favors for later? sure.

IMHO any super-delegate that has pledged support at this point on the promise of favors or position should be 1st against the wall when the revolution comes.

I'm from Michigan and this really disgusts me. This underhanded bullshit would make me vote for McCain over her if she were to win the nomination.

There's one thing I hate more than a politician who stands for something I'm against, and that's a politician who'll blatantly and obviously go against his/her word for nothing more than self-promotion and benefit.

This should only ignite Obama supporters and make her look bad throughout the rest of her campaign.

Triumph

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
I dunno, the 21 year old super delegate (yeah) that has been on the news recently said bill clinton has been calling him and he went to lunch with chelsea. I don't think they can outright buy any of them off, but promise positions and favors for later? sure.

IMHO any super-delegate that has pledged support at this point on the promise of favors or position should be 1st against the wall when the revolution comes.
That's my line!

SexConker

Banned
I propose a constitutional amendment.

No spouses:
The current, former, or future spouse of a current or former elected official may not run for the same office as said official.

That's right. You're not allowed to marry (in the future) someone who held the same office as you. It's to protect our children.

Might as well tack on another.

Never reelect anybody:
Never reelect anybody. Never.

(Yes a constitutional amendment that is phrased as a direct command.)

I propose that this be voted on not by your standard constituional convention, but by a body of super constituents, which shall be comprised of:

Myself
Ron Paul
Charles M. Burns
Ralph Nader
Ed O'Neil
Alan Alda
William "Billy" Mayes
Superman
Count Chocula
Richard Dean Anderson and Chuck Norris (they must only be seen together)
And, if we can find them, the A Team.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think the top priority for the DNC right now should be to quash all of this "what should we do about FL & MI?" shit. You know, what they already decided and everyone agreed to months ago.

The way the Clinton camp has been handling this, unless Obama completely KOs her candidacy on March 4, they will continue to argue that "the delegates should count!" and then argue for new primaries as a fall-back because it will literally be their only option to get the nomination. Even if the DNC quashes it then, the Clinton camp will basically turn it into "OMG Obama doesn't care about MI & FL!" and "the DNC hates America!" like they've already been doing which would be some terrible and long-lasting mud to drag the party through.

This isn't like the superdelegate issue where you can debate about their purpose; the rules and policies governing them, etc. This is clear as day and desperate spinners should not be allowed to continue to drag it out this late into the game.

Diablos

Sooo in like two weeks, I've gone from liking Hillary, to being indifferent, to being a bit annoyed, to PISSED OFF.

She's ridiculous. How can she stand there with a straight face and say she cares about people when she does stuff like this? If she cared about people, she'd realize this will probably secure her LOSS in the general election should she get that far. She's not a stupid woman. She has to know contradicting herself like this will only hurt, not help matters.

Unbelievable. The Clintons are not supposed to be this dumb. I guess power will go to anyone's head eventually...

Juice

Feral Youth said:
Like insulting Putin before you even get in there is a great idea.

Considering the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, Russia could make life very difficult without really having to do anything themselves.

Clinton is a really careless woman.

People who claim Hillary is going to be some amazing diplomat that the world will love don't make any sense. She would have way more baggage and negative feelings abroad than Bush did on day 1 of his Presidency. An unknown would be better, part of the reason Reagan was so successful following the terribly unpopular Carter.

I can't believe that Obama's surrogates didn't pick up this talking point. Picking a fight with Putin before you're even nominated says all you need to know about how much foreign leaders are going to love you on day one. Hell, she's at Day Negative 340 and she's already pissing world leaders off.

Diablos said:
Sooo in like two weeks, I've gone from liking Hillary, to being indifferent, to being a bit annoyed, to PISSED OFF.

She's ridiculous. How can she stand there with a straight face and say she cares about people when she does stuff like this? If she cared about people, she'd realize this will probably secure her LOSS in the general election should she get that far. She's not a stupid woman. She has to know contradicting herself like this will only hurt, not help matters.

Unbelievable. The Clintons are not supposed to be this dumb. I guess power will go to anyone's head eventually...

I agree 100%. It's getting to the point where it's impossible to defend her comments and actions, which is pissing me off. I always thought it would be cool to see Obama win, but now I'd love to see Hillary lose bad

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This is just ridiculous. How can those votes even be counted if she pretty much the only choice on the ballot? She even said herself in October that they shouldn't be counted. If this somehow causes her to win the primary I'm never coming back to this country.

Juice said:
People who claim Hillary is going to be some amazing diplomat that the world will love don't make any sense. She would have way more baggage and negative feelings abroad than Bush did on day 1 of his Presidency. An unknown would be better, part of the reason Reagan was so successful following the terribly unpopular Carter.

LOL.
Carter was the unknown Democratic Washington outsider who ran on change after the corrupt Nixon/Ford era. Thanks to his inability to understand the ropes of Washington, he was booted after 4 years and brought in the resurgence of the Republican party.
Just sayin'.

Juice

teruterubozu said:
LOL.
Carter was the unknown Democratic Washington outsider who ran on change after the corrupt Nixon/Ford era. Thanks to his inability to understand the ropes of Washington, he was booted after 4 years and brought in the resurgence of the Republican party.
Just sayin'.

Just because Carter was shit doesn't mean Obama or Clinton would be. I was simply stating that fixing up our botched image abroad with a fresh face is infinitely easier than with a familiar one.

She has no chance in the General Election with quotes like these flying around... sure Barack may never use them but the GOP will even with McCain playing nice GOP will pounce on this

PhoenixDark said:
I agree 100%. It's getting to the point where it's impossible to defend her comments and actions, which is pissing me off. I always thought it would be cool to see Obama win, but now I'd love to see Hillary lose bad

Noooo PD can't change camps it would change the balance of the universe!

Dr_Cogent

Banned
michaeld said:
Why would that piss you off? She is a snake and always has been.

Totally. She's a fucking liar. Most of us with a clue know full well that she paints herself as a centrist, but she is no centrist at all. Not even close.

She's also been involved with so many fucking dirty schemes along with her husband it's not even funny.

EktorPR

Can somebody explain to me the clusterfuck that seems to be the United States' electionary process? Why the fuck do you need "delegates" to win? Where's the democratic process (the one where the people are the decisive factor) in that?

ToxicAdam

EktorPR said:
Can somebody explain to me the clusterfuck that seems to be the United States' electionary process? Why the fuck do you need "delegates" to win? Where's the democratic process (the one where the people are the decisive factor) in that?

Delegates are people too, sir.

Flo_Evans

EktorPR said:

This is not the election! We are just getting started over here. This is each party picking who will be their official candidate.

EktorPR

ToxicAdam said:
Delegates are people too, sir.

Great. But are they "common" people (ie. non-related to the government and/or political parties)?

Flo_Evans said:
This is not the election! We are just getting started over here. This is each party picking who will be their official candidate.

I know that. I'd just like to understand the process better. Is it like that even in the general elections or only in the primaries? Here in Puerto Rico (US territory) the people vote for their preferred candidates and that's that, no need for "delegates/super delegates" and all that shit.

Flo_Evans

EktorPR said:
Great. But are they "common" people (ie. non-related to the government and/or political parties)?

I know that. I'd just like to understand the process better. Is it like that even in the general elections or only in the primaries? Here in Puerto Rico (US territory) the people vote for their preferred candidates and that's that, no need for "delegates/super delegates" and all that shit.

General elections have delegates, but they are called electorates or something. Each state gets one for each senator and one for each representative in congress they have. These are "winner take all" so if you win a state you get all of its electoral votes.

Yeah its dumb. We have the technology to go to a straight up popular vote.

Outdoor Miner said:
Before all this I had considered voting for her had she somehow gotten the nomination, but over the course of the last 2 months I've been embarrassed for the Clintons and their behavior.

Those folks who say she will do anything for power, no matter the damage caused to the party or the country, were absolutely right.

Obama or abstaining (and back to being done with politics in general... again) come November.

Obama has gotten me more interested in politics then I ever thought I would be...

I will hold my nose and vote for Hillary if she has a legitament lead in delegates and in the popular vote....but anything shady like super delegates or florida/michigan counting, and I'm done with the party forever.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that Obama speaks out against. Politicians like Hillary will walk any line, say anything, and do anything they have to do in order to win including circumventing the Democratic process. I don't see how anyone within the Democratic party (In congress etc, not normal people) can support someone using tactics like this.

Liara T'Soni said:
Obama has gotten me more interested in politics then I ever thought I would be...

I will hold my nose and vote for Hillary if she has a legitament lead in delegates and in the popular vote....but anything shady like super delegates or florida/michigan counting, and I'm done with the party forever.

Not me.

It doesn't matter if she does or doesn't get her way. The fact that she's trying to pull this shit is enough for me to either vote for someone else or vote for noone at all. Unless Obama makes it through, I'm pretty much done with politics for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom