• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary to sidestep democratic process by claiming phantom delagates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Thespian said:
Yeah. The next fucked up kid who sees how much national media coverage he'll get and decides he too can kill a bunch of people because he's a loser.

Its sad but true. Overblown coverage of these tragic shootings helps nothing. Informing the public on backhanded politicians however does.

Mass coverage/detailed on how the killer took out each victim is not something I want to hear about. Let alone the families.

terrene

Banned
To be fair, I do feel for the Florida democrats in this matter:

http://florida-delegates.com/ said:
* The Florida Democratic primary election ballot had all democratic candidates listed.
* Florida Dems have been disenfranchised, through no fault of their own
* HB537 was written by a Florida Republican to change Florida's primary date.
* A conflict between a state's legislative rights and DNC & RNC rules caused this.
* The Florida Democratic Party did NOT change this date.
* The Florida legislature has an overwhelming Republican majority.
* The state of Florida has a Republican Governor.
* The citizens of the state of Florida did NOT vote on this date change.
* HB537 was passed in May 2007 & legislatively changed the Florida primary date.
* This date was, and still is, unalterable by the Florida Democrats.

terrene said:
To be fair, I do feel for the Florida democrats in this matter:

So why be so damn stubborn if Democratic Leader's did not vote for the change why defend it so much? Why not vote again and play by the rules for once

Smiles and Cries said:
So why be so damn stubborn if Democratic Leader's did not vote for the change why defend it so much? Why not vote again and play by the rules for once

It costs millions of dollars to hold a statewide election.

Phoenix said:
LOL, is that a real undoctored photo?

There are people who hate Clinton more than they hate Bush, no matter how much Bush has raped the country. lol They're called republicans. If the Clintons had been republican instead, they would be worshipped along with Reagan...more or less.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have done their best to help Obama just to spite Clinton. Then, of course, destroy Obama once he gets the nom. Pretty predictable as far as politics go...or should I say republican politics.

michaeld

Banned

L-O-L .....no

Talyn

xs_mini_neo said:
It wouldn't surprise me if they have done their best to help Obama just to spite Clinton. Then, of course, destroy Obama once he gets the nom. Pretty predictable as far as politics go...or should I say republican politics.
Yes...because it makes perfect sense for the Republicans to launch yet another vast rightwing conspiracy to knock Clinton out in the primaries...so they face the stronger of the 2 Democratic candidates in the general election and lose.

Phoenix

Flo_Evans said:
Well considering the racial element in this election, I would expect a much stronger reaction.

I don't think so. There is bound to be limited outbreaks (similar to the first Gulf War) but nothing along the lines of the Watts riots. This generation simply doesn't have it in them, and the older generation is really just too tired to care.

ToxicAdam

Phoenix said:
I don't think so. There is bound to be limited outbreaks (similar to the first Gulf War) but nothing along the lines of the Watts riots. This generation simply doesn't have it in them, and the older generation is really just too tired to care.

Never underestimate youth and their willingness to loot at the drop of a hat.

cvxfreak

If Michigan and Florida's delegates weren't counted, then could that have repercussions in the general election? Doesn't sound like it would outweigh the troubles the party would endure if they were allowed, but I was wondering anyway.

Armitage

ToxicAdam said:
Never underestimate youth and their willingness to loot at the drop of a hat.

I don't doubt this under the right circumstances this is true, but I do believe that the current <25ers need to be pushed a lot more than their parents did.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Triumph said:
And sure, make it primaries since otherwise Clinton would cry over it.

Surely not? She's genuinely upset that the voters are being disenfranchised. She'd jump at the chance to give them their votes back in caucuses, wouldn't she?

Triumph

Banned
iapetus said:
Surely not? She's genuinely upset that the voters are being disenfranchised. She'd jump at the chance to give them their votes back in caucuses, wouldn't she?
Hahaha yeah no.

Triumph

Banned
Here's a repost of my earlier work done on this, since maybe some of you guys haven't seen it. I got delegate totals from http://demconwatch.blogspot.com/ which is the best place for up to date, accurate delegate totals.

Obama: 1112 pledged, 151 super, 1263 total
Clinton: 978 pledged, 232 super, 1210 total

Now, for shits n' giggles add in MI and FL.

Clinton: 1156 pledged, 246 super, 1402 super
Obama: 1179 pledged, 156 super, 1335 total
Uncommitted: 55 from MI that would almost certainly go to Obama

Now, add those uncommitteds to Obama and we have a pledged delegate count of

Obama 1234
Clinton 1156

Which is a 78 delegate gap. Now, say worst case scenario from that spreadsheet happens and Clinton takes Ohio, Texas AND Pennsylvania with 60% and they split everything else including Wisconsin and Hawaii. (I know, I know- it's not gonna happen like that just play along)

Total thru rest of primaries:
Obama 512
Clinton 596

Total number of pledged delegates in worst case scenario for Obama:

Clinton 1752
Obama 1746

So, we can conclude from all of this worst case scenario for Obama:

If Clinton wins OH, TX, and PA by 20 points, they basically tie everything else AND she gets FL and MI seated, she'll be ahead by a grand total of SIX pledged delegates.

Here's the spreadsheet in question which shows how delegates would be allocated in this doosmday scenario:

303g51i.jpg

Basically, he doesn't have to worry because:
A) She's not going to win Texas, Ohio, AND Pennsylvania all by 20 points. Not gonna happen.
B) They're not gonna split the rest of the primaries 50/50. Obama will win big in some remaining caucuses and is currently polling ahead of her in NC (my home state!) even tho it's way off on the calendar.
C) The seating of the FL/MI delegates will be determined by a committee, membership of which will be determined by who has the most delegates. You see where I'm going with this? If Obama is ahead, they won't be seated unless to do so wouldn't screw things up. If Hillary's ahead, we're fucked anyhow.
D) Superdelegates won't override the will of the people. It's already started to happen- since Super Tuesday, Obama has gained 13 and she's lost 3 for a net of +16 for Obama.

So, if there's basically no chance of her winning (yeah, I said it) then you have to ask, why is she doing this? Is it because she's a calculating, power hungry shrewish excuse for a woman that would gladly destroy her own party just to realize her own ambitions, which she's been seeking to realize since her husband was elected in 1992? Yes, that's what it means. Hillary Clinton is a bitch.

RumFore

Banned
Phoenix said:

Come on. If people found time to loot while a city was being washed away you can only imagine what will happen if Obama loses especially if its close and to the nail. Seeing this generation in action is exactly why I think it will happen.

Phoenix

RumFore said:
Come on. If people found time to loot while a city was being washed away you can only imagine what will happen if Obama loses especially if its close and to the nail. Seeing this generation in action is exactly why I think it will happen.

Having lived in New Orleans for several decades I can say that there is a huge difference in looking at New Orleans as the model for what the rest of the country would do.

Brannon

Triumph said:
Ownage with math just like submarines

Pretty much it, really. Best thing is, both sides are looking at those numbers and realize that the Hillary camp has to spend much more money that they probably don't have just to have a chance to break even.

Triumph

Banned
Brannon said:
Pretty much it, really. Best thing is, both sides are looking at those numbers and realize that the Hillary camp has to spend much more money that they probably don't have just to have a chance to break even.
Her real chance is in hoping Obama does or says something stupid over the next two and a half weeks, or pulling something out of her ass and winning Wisconsin. Neither of which is likely to happen. I find it unlikely that Obama will pull a Gary Hart or say something like "well, it's all the jews fault" or something like that. And Wisconsin? They have two pretty liberal Senators, including Feingold who is the only one to have voted against both the war AND the patriot act. Sounds like Obama country to me.

Phoenix said:
But we already knew that before you posted the chart :)
Well, I like to show my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom