• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- its that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

squOL.png

:lol he looked like Paul Dano.

bengraven

Why are 95% of these painfully obvious for anyone who watches a bit of tv and movies? Is GAF really that young? .. or judging by the lookalikes thread, many just have no ability to discern differences/similarities in human faces.

Bro, I watch a LOT of movies. I used to run a movie website and podcast in fact. I'm 32. But still, the human mind can only process so much information.

Granted, some are painfully obvious and some people need to be ashamed, but there are also people who will find a show or movie, really enjoy it, and not realize their favorite actor played a 5 minute role 20 years ago in a TV show they only watched casually.

For example, I had no idea that Terry O'Quinn played three parts on X-files, including the infamous bomb squad man in the X-files film until I saw it on here. Blew my mind.

Also, this JUST blew my mind.

IDkvR.jpg

T0trL.jpg

I remember hating the kid playing Hercules when I'd see my grandmother watching that show. Had no idea he was one of my favorite actors now until I was on Wikipedia looking him up.

Sophia's mom is in this movie too.

zjF6W.jpg

I KNEW I saw her somewhere before. I could NOT place it. Now I remember the smug face she was making as she went by in the military jeeps...

Rapstah

This is not a "this guy is this guy too!" type of thing, but Steve Carell is five years older than Will Ferrell. You wouldn't guess it from how they look.

Rage Kage

Neo Member
Don't know if this has been posted here, but I was just watching Christmas Vacation last night and had my mind blown.

tumblr_ldz17tCqBW1qes85ho1_500.jpg

It's Rusty from Christmas Vacation, David from Roseanne, and most recently, the guy from Big Bang Theory.

Gila

Don't know if this has been posted here, but I was just watching Christmas Vacation last night and had my mind blown.

tumblr_ldz17tCqBW1qes85ho1_500.jpg

It's Rusty from Christmas Vacation, David from Roseanne, and most recently, the guy from Big Bang Theory.

What the...holy...

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I don't know how much this thread applies to voice actors and seiyuu, but while I was watching the first Evangelion rebuild a few months ago, only then did I realize (I had seen Evangelion years in the past, and have been watching One Piece regularly as it has been released) that it shares a few common VAs. I guess just from listening it's pretty obvious, so it wasn't really all that much of a shocker. I'm aware it's a pretty common practice, but I thought it was neat.

ritsuko.jpg
=
367423-one_piece_163223_super.png

Misato.jpg
=
Gorgon_sis_color.jpg

gendo-profile.jpg
=
Akainu2.jpg

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Naah, I looked few clips on YouTube, and I really don't think it's my kinda movie. Not to mention, that most of the 80's movies should be experienced in the 80's.

No, you're very wrong. Go watch it.

God I had such a crush on her back then (she's 8 months older than me)....who am I kidding, I still do. She still looks great.

Don't think it's been mentioned in this thread but Michael Fassbender is also in Band of Brothers:

tve46535-1-1365.gif

He gets yelled at by David Schwimmer in the first episode, and then he pops up here and there throughout the series, getting a few lines along the way.

I prefer "the Saw guy" compared to "the annoying Twister guy". ;)

Never seen The Princess Bride by the way.

It's timeless, dude. Check it out. Also has Mandy Patinkin (who is currently in Homeland, which might blow your mind if you watch it), Andre the Giant, and Robin Wright Penn (she's in a bunch of other stuff). Don't go off a bunch of YouTube clips! Kids these days...

rvy

Banned
what in the fuck!? holy shit! O_O

---------------------------------------------------

I started watching Take Me Home tonight and i totally thought the female lead was the same girl from Twilight. Turns out, not so:

http://www-hollywoodlife-com.vimg.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/021811_KristenStewart_TeresaPalmer_XXXX_110218151733.jpg[img]

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kQdD9vUMRvE/TmfxWP6KG3I/AAAAAAAABEg/XG4V9aXcSq0/s400/6ac427fc-fcd7-4529-bba0-7ae30f633b1b.jpeg[img]

[img]http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/teresa-palmer-totally-looks-like-kristen-stewart.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]
Are you fucking serious? They're both blond, that's it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
vuDsN.jpg

And

nS3vx.png

Are both Jen Taylor.

g23yw.jpg

Old, but blows my mind. Also, she had never actually met Steve Downes (voice of the Master Chief) until the 10th Anniversary of Halo, at PAX.

Gui_PT

vuDsN.jpg

And

nS3vx.png

Are both Jen Taylor.

Forgive me for asking but how did you not know that until now? I didn't either, but... you know what I mean... =P

Btw how come she and Downes had never met. Not recording dialogues in the same room was understandable but weren't there enough parties or conferences where they'd eventually meet in those 10 years? Cool fact though.

Edit: Just fixed my 500 typos

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Are you fucking serious? They're both blond, that's it.

My friends wanted to watch The Sorcerer's Apprentice movie and for a bit I thought it was Kristin Stewart. It's not the hair. They also have similar faces.

bengraven

I have yet to see Band of Brothers. I'm thinking of waiting another couuple years...maybe more of their side characters will become big stars.

As is, I guess there's a few dozen "oh shit, look it's ______" moments already.

bengraven

So my wife's gay friend is a huge Britney Spears fan and was talking about how Crossroads "is one of the highest grossing movies of all time".

I lolled.

So I was looking it up to show him the box office when I stumbled on the actors list.

So call this "holy shit! THAT PERSON was in a shitty Britney Spears movie?!".

S5rHq.jpg

anson_mount_hell_on_wheels_a_l.jpg

Explains why I never heard of him until Hell on Wheels.

Oh and her sidekicks:

mbimfrfkbm3hbk3f.jpg

40776_pro.jpg

hustle-flow-2005-taryn-manning-pic-2.jpg

It took everyone half a decade or more to get a decent job apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom