• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- its that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been posted before and it may even be general knowledge, but this just blew my mind like nothing else.

In the cartoon series Home Movies, the voice of Brendan's dad is done by...
Louis C.K.
!!!!

Can't believe I've never noticed, I'm huge fans of both him and the show.

81ML2.jpg

3VezA.jpg

(A Clockwork Orange)
gFvIc.jpg

Aeonin

I don't have pics but I just saw it yesterday (dunno if its been posted here yet).

Zoolander's Flamboyant Gasoline Drenched Friend

=

True Blood's Erick Northman

Goddamn did he buff up.

linkboy

Anyone already do the SAW guy?

Carey Elwes is neither the SAW guy or the Princess Bride Guy.

He's the best actor in Hollywood that everybody knows, but nobody knows what in the hell his name is.

Everyone remembers his movies and his face, but the vast majority of people don't know his name.

He's a fantastic actor as well.

bengraven

Carey Elwes is neither the SAW guy or the Princess Bride Guy.

He's the best actor in Hollywood that everybody knows, but nobody knows what in the hell his name is.

Everyone remembers his movies and his face, but the vast majority of people don't know his name.

He's a fantastic actor as well.

He's Robin Hood.

man what happened to him? I'm beginning to think aliens are real and abducted his ass in order to transform him into the monstrosity he is now.

Pastry

Banned
Just found out that Louis C.K. is half Mexican, his first language was Spanish, an he grew up in Mexico City as a child. My mind is blown.

noah111

Still Alive
copypasta from make u laugh thread:

http://www.legendarytimes.com/giorgio/pics/gio_arnold.jpg[img]

wtf, ancient aliens guy!?

dammn, he was built:

[img]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/25774_382256857269_147897627269_3593437_820950_n.jpg
Holly FUCK. I respect him even more now. You know what... maybe he is on to something.

It blows my mind that people only know Hugh Laurie as house. Or if they didn't know he was British. That's what happens when you don't grow up on BBC I guess.

bengraven

Michelle Forbes:

Oh shit, I knew I saw her somewhere.

In before Star Trek fans: "ugh, when IIIII saw her on True Blood, I KNEW she was ensign Ro immediately...".

Ha, she was also the power hungry Admiral on BSG. Both times I saw her and was like "I know I've seen her somewhere".

Edit: fuuuuck, she was Judith in HL2

Kinyou

Oh shit, I knew I saw her somewhere.

In before Star Trek fans: "ugh, when IIIII saw her on True Blood, I KNEW she was ensign Ro immediately...".

Ha, she was also the power hungry Admiral on BSG. Both times I saw her and was like "I know I've seen her somewhere".

Edit: fuuuuck, she was Judith in HL2
And of course was she also in Seinfeld

seinfeld11qrajl.png

Szu

Not sure it this was mentioned, but here's two scenes from Enter The Dragon.

adjQn.jpg

wUvbl.jpg

The two guys in the scenes with Bruce Lee.

jI7EE.jpg

tehrafe

Robert Wagner playing George Lytton in the Pink Panther:

17761-14922.gif

is number 2 in Austin Powers

200px-No_2_APTSWSM.jpg

Kind of blew my mind when I realized it

bengraven

Oh shit, that's right she was on 24 as well.

Wasn't she on West Wing too?

holy shit do any of you actually like....WATCH the movies you see?

There are literally hundreds of faces in films and sometimes you can't correlate every single one of them. Seriously, a side character on a show that you're barely paying attention to happens to be a star on another series is something shocking, since you weren't paying attention.

Relax.

Melchiah

There are literally hundreds of faces in films and sometimes you can't correlate every single one of them. Seriously, a side character on a show that you're barely paying attention to happens to be a star on another series is something shocking, since you weren't paying attention.

Relax.

Not to mention, that many of us don't watch every movie or series. I, for one, had no idea Michelle Forbes was in True Blood, 24 and Homicide, as I don't follow any of them, and it's been so many years since I've watched Star Trek: TNG or Seinfeld, that I didn't remember her being there.

Pakkidis

Michelle Forbes was also

images

Soon as I heard her voice I knew it was her.

Game is Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena.

sn00zer

what in the fuck!? holy shit! O_O

---------------------------------------------------

I started watching Take Me Home tonight and i totally thought the female lead was the same girl from Twilight. Turns out, not so:

021811_KristenStewart_TeresaPalmer_XXXX_110218151733.jpg

Holy shit she looks EXACTLY like Twilight girl in Take Me Home Tonight...didnt believe you until I checked the imdb

nel e nel

It blows my mind that people only know Hugh Laurie as house. Or if they didn't know he was British. That's what happens when you don't grow up on BBC I guess.

Well, until recently, BBC shows were relegated to PBS, and even then primarily Monty Python and Masterpiece Theater (and their related shows)

nel e nel

Was just thinking about the Courtney Cox post above and my reply. Here's one that will blow your mind:

Courteney.jpg

"Wow! You really do have the power. In your BICEPS!"

Oh and who's that with her?

pdvd_074master.jpg

Why, it's Robert Duncan McNeill aka Tom Paris from Star Trek: Voyager

VOY97804.jpg

Oh shit, that's right she was on 24 as well.

Yeah, she doesn't make a lasting impression since (24 season S2 spoiler)
the writers forgot to tell the audience what actually happened to her. She ends up being pushed down a flight of stairs IIRC. Then she is rushed off in an ambulance aaaaaaaaand... scene. We never hear about her ever again

PS : watching at least one season of Blackadder should be a basic requirement for registering here.

Kinyou

Yeah, she doesn't make a lasting impression since (24 season S2 spoiler)
the writers forgot to tell the audience what actually happened to her. She ends up being pushed down a flight of stairs IIRC. The she is rushed off in an ambulance aaaaaaaaand... scene. We never hear about her ever again

PS : watching at least one season of Blackadder should be a basic requirement for registering here.
Oh yeah I remember. This really bothered me because her story arc was actually the one that grabbed me into the series.

Was just thinking about the Courtney Cox post above and my reply. Here's one that will blow your mind:

Courteney.jpg

"Wow! You really do have the power. In your BICEPS!"

Oh and who's that with her?

pdvd_074master.jpg

Why, it's Robert Duncan McNeill aka Tom Paris from Star Trek: Voyager

VOY97804.jpg

holy crap, thats unbelievable! i didnt even realize it was him. i love voyager, and tom paris is pretty funny in the show (to me at least).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Michelle Forbes:

Ensign Ro from Star Trek: TNG
ts

Mary Ann from True Blood, season 2
Premiere+HBO+True+Blood+2nd+Season+Arrivals+gdjyz1OCkQWl.jpg

Crazy!

As a note, her character on Star Trek was made with the intention of being brought onto Deep Space Nine, to be the Bajoran liaison, but she turned down the role and they created the part of Kira.

She also did the voice of Dr. Judith Mossman in the Half Life 2 games.

bengraven

Well, until recently, BBC shows were relegated to PBS, and even then primarily Monty Python and Masterpiece Theater (and their related shows)

That's pretty much it. Hell, I love Stephen Fry yet had no idea him and Laurie had a sketch show until just a year ago. Then again, as much as I love him I never read his books or memorized his IMDb, so I just glanced over that.

The only person who you have no excuse for not knowing is Gary Oldman. For fuck's sake, Gary Oldman played every memorable villain from the 90s and late 80s and though he is a chameleon, his eyes and mouth are always the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom