• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- its that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menelaus

Banned
Alex Mack
2szjM.jpg

Hawaii Five-0
LAvpk.jpg

Mad Men
jjIOz.jpg

hayguyz

Banned
Not sure it this was mentioned, but here's two scenes from Enter The Dragon.

adjQn.jpg

wUvbl.jpg

The two guys in the scenes with Bruce Lee.

jI7EE.jpg

and these two guys are???? Jackie Chan and somebody else?

I'm sorry we don't all have your infinite wisdom but post some fucking names

Angry Fork

I'm not sure it's been posted already but Goldeneye was playing on TV recently, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid and my mind was blown at these (the first 2 went on to star in the same movie again with X-Men 2):

famke-janssen-goldeneye5.jpg

x-men-movie-jean-grey-famke-jannsen-cyclops-2000.jpg

3962-7468.gif

xmen2c.jpg

006_25.jpg

Q7xcu.jpg

and these two guys are???? Jackie Chan and somebody else?

I'm sorry we don't all have your infinite wisdom but post some fucking names

The other guy is Sammo Hung. If you love 80's martial arts flicks then this is a sin not to know. Sammo Hung, Jacky Chan and Yuen Biao were basically THE SHIT back then.

Shaneus

Have I posted this before? Apologies if I have, but it's probably due for a repost anyway.
MycXP.png

IrtbQ.jpg

(James Avery/Uncle Phil, not Will Smith obv.)

Platy

I'm not sure it's been posted already but Goldeneye was playing on TV recently, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid and my mind was blown at these (the first 2 went on to star in the same movie again with X-Men 2):

famke-janssen-goldeneye5.jpg

x-men-movie-jean-grey-famke-jannsen-cyclops-2000.jpg

Wich played the transexual Nip/tuck villain Ava moore
mxbll.jpg

X-Men also had
fqQ0D.jpg

(wich also blow some people's mind that is the same girl who mistique transforms in X2
KBsu9.jpg
)

Who years later stared as one of the 3 good characters in the USA version of Ugly Betty
SoGos.jpg

...wich is also a transexual

And the useless trivia of 2 main X-Men girls playing Transexuals is the kind of silly thing that always makes me smile because of the sillyness =P

oktarb

This messed with my brain the other day when Commando came on. "those eyes, I know those eyes.." I had to look it up.

Commando
vernon-wells-actor-87f5d.jpg

Mad Max
18164.gif

Actor: Vernon Wells

I was watching Burn Notice tonight and thought that the client looked really familiar. It's the one where Michael and crew pose as car thieves to scare an actual car thief out of town. I was pretty sure it was Wallace from the Wire just by looking at him, and then when he spoke I knew. I decided to double-check on IMDB just for fun though, which is where I found my mindblowing connection.

The guy who played Wallace voices Jace in Gears of War 3. I got the game for Christmas and I knew he sounded really, really familiar, never would have put it together though.

Alx

Breakfast at Tiffany's (one of my favorite films)

I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time a few months ago, and didn't notice anything until I told myself "wait, that name is familiar, where else did I see it ?".

Also it may be obvious to most people, but my mind was blown when someone mentioned in a Stargate topic that one of the team members of SG1 used to be Parker Lewis :
parker-lewis-cant-lose-the-complete-first-season-20090629020539250_640w.jpg

stargate14.jpg

RevDM

Banned
Felt like a complete idiot this past week when I just realized that

Joe Swanson
190px-Joe_Swanson.png

is voiced by
Patrick Warburton AKA Putty.
UJTyf.png

High five.

I decided to watch The Tick on Netflix today and it starts off with an off screen monologue by him, mind was totally blown it was the same guy.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Was perusing Memory Alpha tonight when I found out that Famke Janssen had played Kamala, the empathic metamorph who fell in love with Picard in Star Trek TNG. Then she went on to play a far more recognizable role, again with Patrick Stewart.

kamala001.jpg

=

Charlesprofile.jpg
+
Jean_Grey_%28Earth-10005%29_015.jpg

But in between she was also the Bond villainess with thighs of steel.

onatopp_122278.jpg

rCIZZLE

Yvonne Strahovski of Chuck as Miranda in Mass Effect 2 was a big one for me. The biggest one of all time for my early 20s self was perhaps the most generic of all; Sean Penn.

Drazgul

Star Trek is a nigh-endless supply of these, most fun to spot are the ones with heavy facial prosthetics/make-up so it's not instantly obvious.

Or just the ones who look like dorks, like Jason Alexander:

Jason-Alexander-as-Kurros-Voyager-Think-Tank-8.jpg

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Heh, didn't realize that Famke Janssen had been referenced already on this very page. I was searching through every damn page by text since the Search had indicated her name as being mentioned in this thread but found nothing. :(

Loxley

^^ Carey Mulligan is currently one of my favorite actresses out there, the fact that she's freakin' cute as all hell doesn't hurt. She's pretty much the only reason I'm interested in this year's upcoming The Great Gatsby adaption.

^^ Carey Mulligan is currently one of my favorite actresses out there, the fact that she's freakin' cute as all hell doesn't hurt. She's pretty much the only reason I'm interested in this year's upcoming The Great Gatsby adaption.
Watch her on Craig Ferguson for cuteness overload. She's always a good guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom