• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- its that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melchiah

Just continuing the trend...
zxCMk.jpg

Didn't know he was in Star Trek as well. Which of them BTW?

I still love his performance in The Stepfather the most.

Toppot

I'm not sure it's been posted already but Goldeneye was playing on TV recently, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid and my mind was blown at these (the first 2 went on to star in the same movie again with X-Men 2):

famke-janssen-goldeneye5.jpg

x-men-movie-jean-grey-famke-jannsen-cyclops-2000.jpg

Mind Blown - Successful

I just don't believe it, I even checked IMDB so I know it's true. I just expected the goldeneye women to be horribly aged by now, but shes stayed beautiful, and they are such different characters.

To Famke Janssen *tips hat*

Jokergrin

Mind Blown - Successful

I just don't believe it, I even checked IMDB so I know it's true. I just expected the goldeneye women to be horribly aged by now, but shes stayed beautiful, and they are such different characters.

To Famke Janssen *tips hat*

X-Men was like 12 years ago bro

Famke%20Janssen-20110617-11.jpg

JaseMath

Maybe this was already mentioned but I had no idea Childish Gambino (the hip-hop artist) was Donald Glover (from Community). I looked him up having really liked the music and saw it was him. Mind. Blown.

Donald-Glover-donald-glover-16349578-396-594.jpg

Loxley

Tom Hanks wasn't kidding when he said they went through an entire generation of young British actors in Band of Brothers.

Special J

Banned
Holy shit, no fucking way. Speaking of Viggo and the Prophecy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMmcCBEyEj0&feature=related

The chick from the Prophecy:

ae5to.jpg

is fucking Virginia Madsen!?

CYJvq.jpg

Virginia%20Madsen-0197.jpg

Virginia%20Madsen-45.jpg

irulan.jpg

chick from the intro to dune. she was smoking hot back in the day

I know there are a lot of GAF fans of the current best drama on television, Parenthood:

bedalia-2011.jpg

And the girl on the left is Mae Whitman who was Ann in Arrested Development:
MtJap.jpg

and she also voiced Katara in Avatar: TLA.

also the chick from scott pilgrim, her weight changes alot :<
mae-whitman-scott-pilsl6r4.jpg

Kritz

Banned
It's nice to know that after two and a half years I've only posted in this thread twice.

So this is what I like to call the "shotgun approach":

ummq1.jpg
general_muoro_19038.jpg
220px-Winniethepooh.png
20100205104933!El_capitan.jpg
jippi_155862740.jpg

darkwing_duck.jpg
The_Addams_family_cartoon.jpg
bonkers84.jpg
bumpy.gif
-1923734109.jpg

808713_1313678950120_full.jpg
200px-Minsc.jpg
5209854_std.jpg

In catdog, he's cat.
In adam's family, he's lurch.
In the ME2 screenshot, he's a Krogan found on the night club planet. He also plays Urdnot Wreav, although one Krogan looks like any other so I probably don't need to find him.

OH, And of course, the thing that made me go down this terrible IMDB spiral,

Olfrid.jpg

This asshole in Whiterun. Olfrid Battle-Born. Or one of the Battle-borns in that fucking town.

I feel like I've had this guy's voice stuck in my head since my childhood and have only just realised that he was chasing me everywhere I go.

Cartoon voice actors, man. Cartoon voice actors...

EDIT: Sorry about the HOTLINK image expirations. Imgur wasn't working for me when I tried to mirror all of the images I linked. The two that died were Doyle from The Mask cartoon and Some Fucking Krogans from Mass Effect 2

Madrical

Banned
The two that have blown my mind the most are Alex Mack in Mad Men and the slutty girl from Gossip Girl as the cute little kid from The Grinch. Crazy! Oh and Elijah Wood in BTTF. There's a lot in here I didn't know, actually. I like this thread.

bengraven

BoB actors everywhere >.<

Yep, it's why I'm waiting another couple years. I figure by 2015 we'll recognize every two bit actor and extra.

It's nice to know that after two and a half years I've only posted in this thread twice.

***Text and pictures***

Cartoon voice actors, man. Cartoon voice actors...

I remember running into him the first time and going "oh god, they got Pete from Mickey Mouse in this game..."

irulan.jpg

chick from the intro to dune. she was smoking hot back in the day

Yeah, I knew that and I don't know why I didn't post her; then again I posted that months ago. She was so damn hot back in the day. Much hotter than Sean Young, though her character is a cunt in the Dune books.

When the Ghostbusters have to do sidejobs in Ghostbusters 2, Dr. Raymond Stantz and Winston Zeddemore are getting told by a kid on a birthday party that his father thinks that "they are full of crap".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv_-KOdM6Wk

tumblr_kwbyvixjb81qzhldkb4.png

This kid is the son of the director of both Ghostbusters-movies Ivan Reitman, Jason Reitman.

jason_reitmandwrnq.jpg

Jason Reitman directed "Up in the Air" and "Juno".

ckohler

Canadian actress Cree Summer was the voices of:

Penny (Inspector Gadget)
Elmyra (Tiny Toons)
Foxxy Brown (Drawn Together)

O71Uf.jpg

According to Wikipedia, she was also to be the original voice of Lois Griffin before getting replaced.

Icicle

Canadian actress Cree Summer was the voices of:

Penny (Inspector Gadget)
Elmyra (Tiny Toons)
Foxxy Brown (Drawn Together)

According to Wikipedia, she was also to be the original voice of Lois Griffin before getting replaced.

As a huge Cree Summer fan, I feel obligated to let others know that Cree has done far more than just 3 characters in her career. Her IMDB filmography contains roughly 200 credits, including live-action, animation, video games, and anime.

Her most prominent live-action role was on the sitcom "A Different World" from 1988 to 1993. This is what she looked like at the time.
pcbRy.jpg

As far as video games go, she's done work in Final Fantasy X, Crackdown 2, and Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits.

But her bread and butter is bringing to life cartoon characters, which she has been doing since she was 14. Some of her other more famous characters include: Susie Carmichael (Rugrats), Hyena (Gargoyles) Princess Kida (Atlantis: The Lost Empire), Numbuh 5 (Codename: Kids Next Door), and Miranda (As Told By Ginger).

As I mentioned, she's done work on over 200 different shows, so my list is far from complete as well.

Here's an interview which shows what Cree looks like as of 2008 as well as her normal speaking voice. You also get a sense of her sense of humor, makes her seem totally awesome.

Two fun facts: She and Tara Strong have been lifelong friends and frequent co-stars, having grown up in Toronto together.
In 1999, her solo album was released by a sub-label of Sony Music. Lenny Kravitz helped out with a couple of the tracks on the album.

bengraven

So I'm familiar with actor James Cosmo. I always thought he looked like a Scottish twin of Robert Duvall and for a while was confused by the two.

I loved him as

the father of Wallace's best friend in Braveheart who takes an arrow to his chest but stays feisty
JamesCosmo_article.jpg

Mormont
james-cosmo.jpg

and Glaucus from Troy
6y2Pd.gif

But I had no fucking clue he was also

Father Christmas from the Chronicles of Narnia
ld27l.gif

and despite me watching the film at least three dozen times, Renton's father
EjBKB.jpg

The last one makes sense: the voice should have given it away. Maybe I'm just used to him in full beard.

Melchiah

Dunno whether this has already been posted. I just realized, when I was reading The Evil Dead Companion, that Embeth Davidtz in Army of Darkness...

5mLAi.jpg

YbgDj.jpg

...is also Amon Goeth's maid in Schindler's List.

VzLuH.jpg

Perhaps that has escaped me before, because I've watched Army of Darkness only once, as I've always hated how it stripped all horror away from Evil Dead.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
After seeing him in some pictures with Michelle Forbes:

Jude Ciccolella

MikeNovick.jpg

Most known as Mike Novick from 24. <3 Mike in Season 5

But was also was

Romulanguy.jpg

Romulan Guy with Tom Hardy in Star Trek Nemesis

Ciccolella_Jude2.jpg

Was also the Cop that beat up Bruce Willis early on, in Sin City.

Dunno whether this has already been posted. I just realized, when I was reading The Evil Dead Companion, that Embeth Davidtz in Army of Darkness...

5mLAi.jpg

YbgDj.jpg

...is also Amon Goeth's maid in Schindler's List.

VzLuH.jpg

Perhaps that has escaped me before, because I've watched Army of Darkness only once, as I've always hated how it stripped all horror away from Evil Dead.

I had one of these revelations except that I noticed her in Californication:

1064852487.jpg

Satchel

Banned
This one freaked me out a bit when I watched Spider-man recently on Foxtel

Didn't realise Joe Manganiello from True Blood 'Alcide'

TRUE-BLOOD-Season-3-Joe-Manganiello-Anna-Paquin-600x399.jpg

Was in Spider-man as Flash

45195.gif

bengraven

Watched Kingdom of Heaven The Director's Cut yesterday during a non-SOPA internet outage and a couple of guys early on caught my attention.

Liam Neeson's nephew, who comes to take back Balian for the murder of his brother the priest and leads the attack on the group in the woods:

d1xm3.jpg

also, Balian's apprentice who gets a few close ups of those beautiful yellow teeth:

53103-28833.jpg

And then there's the King of England:

6632-26576.gif

tumblr_ljwd6izt121qznte6o1_500.jpg

bronson-webb-as-will.jpg

nat_serjorah.png

There's probably more, considering I am only 45 minutes into my re-watch. I wonder how much of the GoT cast is in the film.

ymmv

Banned
Mandy Patinkin . From "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die" in The Princess Bride

247233-inigo_montoya_large.jpg

to Saul Berenson in Homeland

Saul_promo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom