• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- its that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

I still get tripped when I see Kristen Stewart in Panic Room

kristen_stewart_1173803980.jpg

kristen_stewart300.jpg

When i said this to my dead, his mind EXPLODED ... and he said "....it is a GIRL in panic room ?" xD

ryan13ts

This thread is so long so I'm not sure if it's been posted before, but...

Captain Stottlemeyer from Monk

TedLevine.jpg

is

Silencelamp7.jpg

"It rubs the lotion on the skin, or else it gets the hose again"

Blew my mind everywhere when I first found this out.

bengraven

Was watching the Talking Dead post show on the web.

Robert Blake's partner in murder from In Cold Blood:

192575.jpg

also in the classic In The Heat of the Night;

MV5BMzQ4MTEzNjU3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTY0OTgwMw@@._V1._SY314_CR9,0,214,314_.jpg

DOS1T.jpg

I've been sitting here going "why is this fantastic actor off my radar? Why have I never seen him before?" and I actually have.

well known fact or mentioned already, maybe ?

Fuuuuuuck.

bengraven

He was in Judge Dredd as the father of a bunch of inbreds in a cave.

Never saw that, but he has been in several big budget movies, two of which I can remember:

original.jpg

The Last Samurai

and though I can't find a pic of it, he was one of the Americans from the Korean sci-fi/horror film The Host. He's the first voice and face you see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHEvaD9Xk4A

Also in Pearl Harbor, Young Guns 2, Junebug, Dead Man Walking, The Animal, (most of these I have never seen, exception being YG2). So basically he was in all the movies I skipped those years.

kanugo

I don't know if this was posted already, but I was watching "Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and...
15jessicarabbit_rex.jpg

=

turner.jpg

who also is Chandler's dad.

bengraven

Throw a dart at the cast list of Blackhawk Down or Band of Brothers and you're gonna get a good hit.

Pretty much. I wonder if casting directors are just watching both of those and hiring all the extras.

Guy Eating Sandwich #3 in Black Hawk Down might end up being the next Tom Cruise.

This thread is so long so I'm not sure if it's been posted before, but...

Captain Stottlemeyer from Monk

TedLevine.jpg

is

Silencelamp7.jpg

"It rubs the lotion on the skin, or else it gets the hose again"

Blew my mind everywhere when I first found this out.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me"

Alx

I just noticed Benedict Cumberbatch (made famous by the Sherlock show on BBC) playing a negotiator in the end of "Four Lions"... not really mind-blowing, but I did say "Hey it's that guy !" out loud (though I had to check Imdb to be sure).

It totally blew my mind when I just found out

VAtIg.jpg

=

2r9WS.jpg

Also watching the new Star Trek movie and scoping out the trivia on IMDB

The Vulcan Council Member that's critical of Spock:
55flh.jpg

is the Klingon Warden of Rura Penthe in Star Trek VI
nWRhr.jpg

Zoe

The way to remember this one is that she starred in Beetlejuice (Tim Burton). And Burton is physically incapable of not having a cast member from a previous work appearing in a newer one.

Uh oh, be careful. You don't want to incur anyone's wrath by calling that a Burton movie.

This is probably an inside joke I don't get or something, but Burton is clearly the director of both.

Surest way to win a bet ? This. 99% people will give the wrong answer if you ask who directed Nightmare Before Christmas. Of course they won't believe you so you have to have the imdb page handy. But indeed, one of the best Tim Burton movie was totally not directed by Tim Burton. Won myself many beers this way.

To make matters worse Sellick's Coraline is absolute genius and trumps Burton gobeshite's Corpse Bride.

Stephen Stucker who plays Johnny in Airplane! and Airplane II also plays the stationmaster in Trading Places who asks the two moronic baggage handlers if they have been drinking.

1010-johnny-airplane-nxu3p.jpg

16701-19933zhuhj.gif

Just re-watched Can't Hardly Wait for the first time in ages and realized that one of the girlfriends from the movie is now Lanie on Castle. Also, had absolutely no recollection of Jason Segel being in that movie.

Monocle

I found out recently that Craig Parker is all three of these characters.

PO8kW.jpg

Haldir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

RmXGV.jpg

Darken Rahl (Legend of the Seeker)

bVJZx.jpg

Gaius Claudius Glaber (Spartacus: Blood and Sand; Spartucus: Vengeance)

Jxo8z.jpg

I'm especially surprised I didn't notice Glaber and Haldir were played by the same actor.

Platy

Petyr Baelish (Game of Thrones)
05ZRb.jpg

Agent in The Dark Knight Rises. For obvious spoiler reasons I won't post a photo, but for those that have seen the prologue

My mind somehow can only see him as Gary Oldman in the Fifht Element era ><

Also, had a minor mind blown rewatching Hurt Locker and noticing today's Holltywood favorite action hero Jeremy Renner as the main char

bengraven

Saw this on Joe Hill's twitter. Is this true?

(Harry Potter film series spoilers)

Also, was watching Babe for the first time in years. The last time I watched it, there were no Matrix films, LOTR was in pre-pre-production and the only Australian actor I knew was Mel.

So color me shocked when I realized the voice of Rex, the father dog that initially hates Babe, but later helps him win the tournament is:

z07IM.jpg

Hoo-doo

Banned
That stereotypical hick-type character from the PC point-and-click adventure game Phantasmagoria(1995), Cyrus.

Screen%20Shot%202012-04-02%20at%2012.20.58.png

Is now Joe the bartender in Grey's Anatomy.

Screen%20Shot%202012-04-02%20at%2012.19.56.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom