• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- its that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiro4

So I'm watching Romeo must Die on TV.
And at the beginning there are two asian girls dancing, riding up against each other.

Grace_Park-Jennifer_Wong-Romeo_Must_Die-03.jpg

Yups, that is Grace Park of Battlestar Galactica and Hawaii Five-O fame.

Chuckie

So I'm watching Romeo must Die on TV.
And at the beginning there are two asian girls dancing, riding up against each other.

Grace_Park-Jennifer_Wong-Romeo_Must_Die-03.jpg

Yups, that is Grace Park of Battlestar Galactica and Hawaii Five-O fame.

Are you Dutch? Because I am watching Rome Must Die right now... and I just said to my wife: Look, it's Grace Park.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I had my first 'holy shit' moment last night. This is probably well known, I don't know, but I was watching Money Pit and there's a scene early on where Tom Hanks' real estate agent friend has a heart attack and gets a ride in an ambulance.
I literally said aloud 'holy shit' when I realised the paramedic in the ambulance with Tom Hanks and the friend was Wendell Pierce, "Bunk", from The Wire.

Bunk.jpg

The clip from Money Pit.

Terrible quality but for fans you can tell his voice from a mile away.

Radec

I found out recently that Craig Parker is all three of these characters.

PO8kW.jpg

Haldir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

RmXGV.jpg

Darken Rahl (Legend of the Seeker)

bVJZx.jpg

Gaius Claudius Glaber (Spartacus: Blood and Sand; Spartucus: Vengeance)

Jxo8z.jpg

I'm especially surprised I didn't notice Glaber and Haldir were played by the same actor.

haha, mind blown.

Glaber was awesome in Spartacus.

harSon

Banned
I had my first 'holy shit' moment last night. This is probably well known, I don't know, but I was watching Money Pit and there's a scene early on where Tom Hanks' real estate agent friend has a heart attack and gets a ride in an ambulance.
I literally said aloud 'holy shit' when I realised the paramedic in the ambulance with Tom Hanks and the friend was Wendell Pierce, "Bunk", from The Wire.

Bunk.jpg

The clip from Money Pit.

He's also the agent in Hackers

Bunk.jpg

The clip from Money Pit.

He's also the law enforcement guy in Hackers

edit: apparently I need to read the rest of the thread when I'm post

Dr.Acula

Banned
An M&M commercial came on while I was looking down at my phone, so I just heard the voice, and holy crap the Red one is Philip J. Fry!

Red UFO

In Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, right after Austin goes back to the 60's, he and a lady get shot by a guy with a rocket launcher. The guy with the rocket launcher is that Keane guy from LOST (the guy from the boat who makes good eggs).

EDIT: Also, the waiter for Vince Vega and Mia Wallace dressed as Buddy Holly in Pulp Fiction when they go for a meal together is Steve Buscemi.

TimeLike

Darryl from the walking dead being the dude from boondock.saints just seriously warped my brain. I'm a huge fan of both and never freakin realized it.

Tim Riggins is in Snakes on a Plane.

RArjj.gif

He's the one that tries to join the mile high club and snakes intervene.

I had no idea until I was looking at Kitsch's resume.

You watch enough sci-fi and you'll come across these all the time. Always blows my mind when I do. Especially actors who take on smaller roles.

I've been watching Star Trek: Voyager on Amazon recently and there was a two-parter. Guy who's a second-in-command on another Starfleet ship is a younger Titus Welliver aka the Man in Black from LOST. (Sorry no images!)

Another recent LOST > Star Trek (or really vice versa) was Sam Anderson aka Bernard Nadler from LOST (The guy in a relationship with Rose) playing a guest role on The Next Generation.

There was another one from the same Voyager episode with this guy who I recognized, played a major role as the antagonist in one Stargate SG-1 episode (The Warrior).

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was watching Angel today and episode 14 featured this guy as a storekeeper

Angel114-rick.jpg

who is Sony's Kevin Butler

Kevin_Butler.jpg

nomis

WHAT. THE. FUCK. Was just rewatching Firefly after seeing Avengers, got to episode 4, and all of a sudden Zac Efron shows up as Simon...

iDHDNVF5D2tEV.jpg

He actually does a fantastic job, especially considering it's his first role.

bengraven

You kidding me? Billy West was in everything. Doug, Ren and Stimpy, the Howard Stern show.

That's the only reason I don't watch the show, seriously. I am so sick of hearing Billy West's voice that I didn't want to watch the show. It was a huge turn off for me.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Just watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for the first time. (Great fucking movie by the way)

And hooooly shit I can't believe the character Martini was played by Danny fucking Devito. What the WHAT?!

who15.jpg

Epic double take after watching the credits. I didn't recognize him at all. I mean, shit, there was never even a moment when I thought he even looked familiar.

And holy crap that one episode of All Ways Sunny in Philadelphia, the one where Frank was in an asylum, makes soooooo much more sense to me now. I thought that ep was funny without understanding the context. But man, that episode absolutely clicked in my head immediately.

Just watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for the first time. (Great fucking movie by the way)

And hooooly shit I can't believe the character Martini was played by Danny fucking Devito. What the WHAT?!

who15.jpg

Epic double take after watching the credits. I didn't recognize him at all. I mean, shit, there was never even a moment when I thought he even looked familiar.

And holy crap that one episode of All Ways Sunny in Philadelphia, the one where Frank was in an asylum, makes soooooo much more sense to me now. I thought that ep was funny without understanding the context. But man, that episode absolutely clicked in my head immediately.

132884543007285k62.gif

You didn't know?

I found out recently that Craig Parker is all three of these characters.

PO8kW.jpg

Haldir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

bVJZx.jpg

Gaius Claudius Glaber (Spartacus: Blood and Sand; Spartucus: Vengeance)

So THAT'S where I know him from! I've been wondering for a while. :lol Thanks bro!

neorej

ERMYGERD!
During the usual channel-flipping we came across this:

cast-of-the-new-adventures-of-old-christine-3.jpg

who is this:
agent-phil.jpg

Now thanks to how my brain works, I cannot watch Seinfeld without expecting Coulson in the show, which in effect ensures I fully expect Stark, Banner, Thor and Capt America to enter the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom