• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit, check out Google's logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

I went go google something on finacial regulations, and played a few rounds of Pac-Man instead. Thanks a lot, google!

(Seriously, this is awesome.)

Click insert coin twice for co-op. (as already mentioned) But instead... play both as ms pacman and pacman yourself with the arrow keys and wasd keys. Mind=blown

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I just went to google and walked away from the PC, to my surprise the Pac Man sounds started.

This is so cool.

tumblr_l2s1skQiPA1qzqgiqo1_500.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
josephdebono said:
WAIT A SECOND!

If you go into Google, and you search for Google, and hit I'm feeling lucky nothing happens. It just stays on the same page. WTF?

HOLY SHIT GOOGLE IS BROKE

joesmokey said:
Imagine working in tech support today :lol.
It can be worse than retail. You're expected to be an expert in your field, but you're expected to be an expert of the impossible. You're enough of an expert to be told what to do by someone who sucks at life and don't respect your work but respects you enough to tell you to do shit or fix what they have broken while they imply they're smart enough to fix it themselves but really can't.

El Sloth

Banned
koam said:
Just got 47,000.

You know what's scary? MILLIONS of kids playing "pacman" for the first time today

My nephews are growing up with Sackboy and Mario and constantly fight about who can beat each other up. My 20th isn't far off, but I'm already starting to feel old.

10n88dd.jpg

Pretty neat. Although it's got a few problems. Beyond the first cut scene, they don't work right, and also I've had the power pellet and walked right through some ghosts instead of eating them. They give you an extra pellet, but the layout is harder than regular pac man. N1 google/namco.

Playing with both Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man at the same time is addictive and makes the game have added depth.

First of all, you can have one waiting by power pellets while the other eats dots... and when you get better, you can have them alternating at eating power pellets. It adds some weird depth to the game.

Second of all, they each have their own score, so you can gain 2 lives at once!

AirBrian

cool_dude_2049 said:
Click insert coin twice for co-op. (as already mentioned) But instead... play both as ms pacman and pacman yourself with the arrow keys and wasd keys. Mind=blown
Heh, that was a nice touch.

_Isaac

Oh cool. I saw it, but it takes a while to load up, so I never gave it a chance for the music to start playing. I didn't know it was playable until this thread.

loosus

Banned
This is incredible.

And just to be clear, this is using just standard HTML and CSS, right? No Flash, no Java, no Silverlight, etc.?

El Sloth

Banned
loosus said:
This is incredible.

And just to be clear, this is using just standard HTML and CSS, right? No Flash, no Java, no Silverlight, etc.?

Stolen from the gaming side:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-20005528-52.html

According to Germick, the company worked with Pac-Man's publisher, Namco Bandai, to make the project as realistic as possible. Yet the Google team, with the inspirational lead of Marcin Wichary, a Google senior user experience designer, built their version of the game from the ground up using JavaScript, HTML, and CSS.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I don't recall Blinky liking to run around in circles. :lol
Cool, but I've never been a big fan of Pacman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom