• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home open beta starts 24 March in Japan AND WE'RE OUT FOR BLOOD

lynux3

Valkyr Junkie said:
Well the only problem with the Warhawk beta was that it had freezing issues. The rest was great. Home finally is starting to feel pretty stable, but is almost completely void of content and functionality. As it is now (and likely to be on March 24th), Home will likely turn-off a lot of the people that would take a look at it if made public. Even I feel that Sony has almost no commitment to the project given how the current experience compares to what was shown a year ago at the unveiling.

I somewhat agree overall, but I still have some hope after seeing Dylan Jobe talking about how they're setting up Warhawk to work with Home. I hope they have a spot in home themed with Warhawk, etc.

I just hope the "accomplishment" system with trophies is going to be cool. There are so many potential ways to make Home awesome, but I am skeptical about how many are going to embrace Home.

h3ro

February 26th 2008 brought these announcements from Sony/news sites:

Metal Gear Solid 4 Release Date
MGS4 Bundle w/ DS3
DS3 Dated for NA
LBP Screens
Resistance Artwork
GT5 to have Damage
New PSN Store Format in April
Home Open Beta Announced
GoW Red PSP Bundle with Superbad UMD (the real GoW btw :p )

AFW
Would have been fun to have a live blog or thread while these announcements were coming live... MEGATONS indeed... :D

kenta

Has no PEINS
h3ro said:
Metal Gear Solid 4 Release Date
MGS4 Bundle w/ DS3
DS3 Dated for NA
LBP Screens
Resistance Artwork
Home Open Beta Announced

And GAF hasn't exploded... holy shit are we jaded or what...
Don't forget the red PSP and the new PS Store

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Valkyr Junkie said:
Well the only problem with the Warhawk beta was that it had freezing issues. The rest was great. Home finally is starting to feel pretty stable, but is almost completely void of content and functionality. As it is now (and likely to be on March 24th), Home will likely turn-off a lot of the people that would take a look at it if made public. Even I feel that Sony has almost no commitment to the project given how the current experience compares to what was shown a year ago at the unveiling.

What more did you expect? The latest update is pretty much the final Home, minus the majority of content you can download/buy/whatever, and the bugs. It feels void because, despite all this, it's still an online virtual hub with very little traffic. Sounds more like your hype meter was off the charts instead of expecting what's shown now.

It does need work, yes, but if you can't tell how much Home has changed since last July then you're really not paying attention all that well. :D

Deadly Monk said:
Did Sony plan all of this for today? I mean, wow, this is really their day.

Yes I said it in another thread, but I have never been more excited about my PS3 purchase. Well, E3 2007 was good, but all of today's announcements have been about ACTION!

h3ro

TTP said:
I'd live with just Resistance 2 trailer.

Please

I'd love some KZ2 info actually, considering the game is supposed to be coming out before R2 (I doubt this more everyday that passes). We already know SO much more regarding R2 than KZ2 in terms of story and game mechanics. GG needs to step up and set up a demo for press or something to re-hype the game before the hopeful Beta announcement.

Basch

shagg_187 said:
Harrison leaking all news before leaking: Confirmed!

Uhm... I don't know if I want to touch this one. I think you know what I mean. Typos can be oh so funny sometimes. :lol

Tideas

Banned
TTP said:
But... it apparently was at GDC :(

Well kinda like how K2 was shown at last year's GDC behind closed door. But that trailer probably wasn't nothing like the E3 trailer.

So no R2 until April or May. I'm leaning more toward May now.

At least, want to know the name of Team Ico's PS3 Project?

Land of the Lost

h3ro

TaKeRx said:
It's not that serious. I'm in the beta and there's not that many people online on HOME.

The current Beta is a closed beta via invite only, this newly announced Beta is an Open one. Should have a lot more people in it since everyone has access to it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tideas said:
Well kinda like how K2 was shown at last year's GDC behind closed door. But that trailer probably wasn't nothing like the E3 trailer.

So no R2 until April or May. I'm leaning more toward May now.

At least, want to know the name of Team Ico's PS3 Project?

Land of the Lost

What? Srsly?

Basch

neojubei said:
I'd love some inFamous media.

Stop it. You're breaking my heart. You know such things won't come true. Not 'til E3 at least. *God, I love you inFamous.* Hug me. I need to be consoled. EGM rumors from the April issue have already been leaked. Meaning inFamous is probably not the cover story. I thought they said they had a deal for a feature on the game. UGH! The wait is killing me.

On an unrelated note, if the Eight Days info proves to be wrong, then at least Sony might finally decide to make a statement on the game. Its been getting considerable attention today. :D

h3ro said:
The current Beta is a closed beta via invite only, this newly announced Beta is an Open one. Should have a lot more people in it since everyone has access to it.
But are we sure its for everyone? And not just 50,000 like Sony said last GDC? Or did they say something different recently about open beta? Am I asking to many questions? AM I??

LOL Sorry I have'nt been paying attention to much PS Home news I've mostly been playing EoJ and SSBB :p

B-Ri

sonys biggest failure will be releasing Home before its finished.

Unless there is a double digit number of games supporting game launching at launch of whatever public beta or public gold, get ready for amazing backlash.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
B-Ri said:
sonys biggest failure will be releasing Home before its finished.

Unless there is a double digit number of games supporting game launching at launch of whatever public beta or public gold, get ready for amazing backlash.

Every game supports game launching, but not every game will have *full* support if I'm understanding it correctly.

B-Ri

chubigans said:
Every game supports game launching, but not every game will have *full* support if I'm understanding it correctly.

its not support unless its full support. Then why the hell would you log into home to start up the game that just starts it up normally, without friends intact if you can do it right off the XMB?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
B-Ri said:
its not support unless its full support. Then why the hell would you log into home to start up the game if you can do it right off the XMB?

What I mean is, full support means you can change server options for the specific game before launching. Standard support means your friends just tag along as you all jump in at once.

I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it to work...

Wollan

I think you guys are taking the 'Japan' monicker to seriously. There's nothing here that states against there also being a US/EU open beta test at the same time.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
bdizzle said:
phil left? :( he was my fav gaming exec. he actually had a personality when speaking. where'd he go to?

u dont want to know

Infogrames/Atari, but it's just a rumor for now

Wollan

B-Ri said:
its not support unless its full support. Then why the hell would you log into home to start up the game that just starts it up normally, without friends intact if you can do it right off the XMB?
Because the main reason for Home is to jump out of Home right? Jesus. Your favorites like R1, Warhawk..etc will be patched for the full functioniality, relax.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You know I've been waiting forever... and I've really just wanted it to come out, but I'm not excited by this news. It's so damn dissapointing that it's JP only so far. If it's america I'll throw a fit:lol . But seriously I'll only be able to get to meet up with gaf, not with any of my friends from around here or anything :(.

Top Bottom