• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home open beta starts 24 March in Japan AND WE'RE OUT FOR BLOOD

B-Ri

Wollan said:
Because the main reason for Home is to jump out of Home right? Jesus. Your favorites like R1, Warhawk..etc will be patched for the full functioniality, relax.

Wollan, sit down.

Theyll get patched, but if its not a hefty list on day 1, people are going to ridicule the living crap out of it. Home was and is in 99.9% of PS3 owners and gamers eyes, the hub theyve wanted and needed to launch into games with friends.

Launch a beta without it fully functioning, get ready for the permanent Second Life clone stamp.

Basch

B-Ri said:
Wollan, sit down.

Theyll get patched, but if its not a hefty list on day 1, people are going to ridicule the living crap out of it. Home was and is in 99.9% of PS3 owners and gamers eyes, the hub theyve wanted and needed to launch into games with friends.

Launch a beta without it fully functioning, get ready for the permanent Second Life clone stamp.

I always thought of HOME as a nice place to socialize with people you wouldn't otherwise be able to meet due to obvious reasons. I think people can use the old party invitation just fine. ;)

Mindlog

B-Ri said:
Wollan, sit down.

That's in-game XMB tbqh.

Home is something else.

Wollan

B-Ri said:
From Home's perspective it's already finished and fully functioning. It's just up to those five or six PS3 games that is 90% of the PS3 MP scene to patch up.

Basch

B-Ri said:
its not though. Even patch notes leaked admitted that.

I think you need to settle down. Let the rest of the world decide on whether or not it is important at all. HOME was not made to launch games as Wollan has already stated. Just let it go. Things will turn out as they will.

Wollan

B-Ri said:
its not though. Even patch notes leaked admitted that.
No. It sais that the group won't stay together, the reason for this is that whatever game doesn't have the 'hooks' that needs to be patched in for this to work. Home isn't the one to fault here, it's doing it's job.

But anyways, I'm not risking my status as a tester so let's call it quits here. Peace.

B-Ri

Wollan said:
No. It sais that the group won't stay together, the reason for this is that whatever game doesn't have the 'hooks' that needs to be patched in for this to work. Home isn't the one to fault here, it's doing it's job.

But anyways, I'm not risking my status as a tester so let's call it quits here. Peace.

Except the same leaked patchnotes also stated different versions of the same games dont work. Warhawk BD, Warhawk PSN, Warhawk JP PSN, Warhawk EU BD, ect.

Until thats all in some way working, this thing should stay internal. Sony dont screw up Phil Harrisons last hurrah to save your console by rushing it out (and this is coming from someone who really loves his ps3)

B-Ri said:
Until thats all in some way working, this thing should stay internal. Sony dont screw up Phil Harrisons last hurrah to save your console by rushing it out (and this is coming from someone who really loves his ps3)

So they should launch a fully functional, bug-free open beta?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
B-Ri said:

I really think you're nuts. Just plain nuts.

Basch

shagg_187 said:
JESUS CHRIST! THE MUSIC! MAKE IT STOP! AHH!!

:lol I'm sorry I can't. Plus, its not terrible. Its perfect. What better way is there to welcome your PSN Buddies into the world of your Complicated life? :lol

lupin23rd

So if I create a Japanese account, and then later create my North American account, could I theoretically meet myself in Home?

The powers of PS3 are limitless! :lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
B-Ri said:
Sony dont screw up Phil Harrisons last hurrah to save your console by rushing it out (and this is coming from someone who really loves his ps3)
Based on Phil's most recent comments, he'd probably disown himself from Home anyway - it uses too many buttons on the controller.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
g35twinturbo said:

AND, the new update is awesome :lol

Though really, Home beta has come a long way. I look forward to seeing more people in it. It was dead for a while :(

FightyF

Banned
How many PS3 were sold in Japan?

Just want to compare sizes of territories...are they trying it in a smaller territory and then going for bigger ones? Or is Japan a pretty big territory (PS3 owner wise) itself?

If it's as big as the US...then perhaps the US beta will be not too long after?

Slavik81

Wollan said:
Because the main reason for Home is to jump out of Home right? Jesus. Your favorites like R1, Warhawk..etc will be patched for the full functioniality, relax.
Yes. That is precisely the main reason to use Home. It needs a smooth entrance and exit that makes it a useful part of doing another task. Give people a reason to travel through it.

First and foremost make it useful. Then it will never be forgotten.

Jeseus

goodps3news858.gif

NoxiousD

Neo Member
I swear, I am not lying to you guys a friend of mine who actually lives over in Okinawa on base said the same thing. It's a huge rumor. But, this is weird....

Phil Harrison had a complaint about Sony Japan, remember could this be due to them releasing the beta early? before US and EU?

NoxiousD said:
Phil Harrison had a complaint about Sony Japan, remember could this be due to them releasing the beta early? before US and EU?

His complaints with Sony Japan had nothing to do with Home. It was about the direction they took the PS3 in.

E-phonk

Banned
deepbrown said:
Ok who is JohnnyRam - his identity needn't be known by the few oldies
He has been breaking japanese news (important stuff like DS Lite, Nintendo Retail conferences etc) for at least 3 years or something. He's as legit as it gets if it comes to news.

NoxiousD

Neo Member
This, is very good news. I, actually have an japanese account on my PS3. So, I wonder if I could download the beta using that?

Sorry to bump this...but today is the 24th in Japan and no Home beta YET.

Be on the look out for it though...

No Home beta on Japan PSN but its still only 8:00AM in Japan...

EDIT: So do I at below post...

Dawn of the final day 16 hours remain.

exarkun

Shouldn't this be alot more hyped than it actually is by Sony? I would think we would have heard more about it before this point. Has anyone in Japan heard anything about the bet-ah coming out tomorrow?

Top Bottom