• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home open beta starts 24 March in Japan AND WE'RE OUT FOR BLOOD

Evander

"industry expert"
iceatcs said:
db1349-family-kidnapped-by-ninjas.jpg

I like to think that man only has four dollars in his pocket, and is actually pleading with passersby to sell him discounted lessons.

Ashhong

Evander said:
I like to think that man only has four dollars in his pocket, and is actually pleading with passersby to sell him discounted lessons.

ur wrong. theres a big space between $ and 4. its pretty obvious

Ello

Evander said:

I read it like this.

"Family kidnaped by ninjas, need dollars for karate lessons."

Dibbz

Ello said:
I read it like this.

"Family kidnaped by ninjas, need dollars for karate lessons."
I always thought he just wanted $4 lessons. Never made sense but I thought thats why he'd be on the street. :D

Meier

StalkingSilence said:
Just chimed in to say people should be held accountable - even online.

Jonny is typically the most reliable poster on GAF. Even the best sources are sometimes wrong.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Hmm. I'm getting this, warm, fuzzy feeling in my stomach because the Home Beta didn't happen.
What's become of my gentle self? :O

Jaeyden

Yeah, I'd be fine with any kind of explanation from the man. Don't think he's even posted in this thread since the OP, but someone with his cred should at least give us a heads up.

Jaeyden said:
Yeah, I'd be fine with any kind of explanation from the man. Don't think he's even posted in this thread since the OP, but someone with his cred should at least give us a heads up.
Really. You can't just make a post like that even if you're usually right and then just walk away :S

Ploid 3.0

Maybe Johnny was trying to tell you guys something. Maybe that something is you shouldn't trust everything you hear from supposedly rock solid sources. Maybe he was tired of people saying he's never wrong on news. Maybe this whole thing was an experiment for his amusement.

Shinblade

Banned
Jaeyden said:

This... is the correct answer.

Assuming that the beta was intended to start on the 24th when he said it... there must've become a point when he knew it wasn't happening - even if that was on the 24th... he could've offered some explanation.

i'm not calling for a ban or anything... but for everyone saying how reliable he is.... well, this feels very gamefaqs to me.

Ploid 3.0

Halo 4 September 09. Sorry if old.

Looking back at... it's funny he said "Sorry if old". That could either mean it was soon to be publicly announced, or "Sorry if old" was used to further make this believable for this "lets see how gaf will react" hands off test.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
theBishop said:
there was an unsubstantiated story yesterday on Maxconsole that people are quietly receiving beta invites.

At this pace, they will not be able to release a stable, fully featured (features promised last year) Home worldwide service before the time PS4 is unveiled...

Johnkers

Goldrusher said:
JPN system here, no Home.

For some reason I didn't even think of this. Is the beta based on the region of your system? I have a Japanese PS3 (but not in Japan or have a Japanese PSN account)

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Panajev2001a said:
At this pace, they will not be able to release a stable, fully featured (features promised last year) Home worldwide service before the time PS4 is unveiled...

Yeah, I imagine it will be more like they'll just get it out, and then start bringing the updates to make it what it should be. The problem for them was announcing it when they probably knew it was nowhere near ready.

What can current beta testers say about Home? Can they say nothing? I've heard some rumblings about it not even being close to ready for public use and others seem extremely positive about it. Also, I was under the impression that all the online gaming features that Home is to offer will also be accessible outside of the actual 3D Home environment. Is this true or did I just make that up in my head?

Wollan

You made it up in your head. The games playing on the arcade units on Home are more like XLBA/Flash titles and will probably stay within Home.

andycapps

Panajev2001a said:

Eh, they're coming along pretty well actually. Last update was pretty nice.

Wollan said:
You made it up in your head. The games playing on the arcade units on Home are more like XLBA/Flash titles and will probably stay within Home.

Damn. I don't know where the idea came from.

I was thinking of the universal game invites and communication tools, not really the arcade machines.

Oni Jazar

Felix Lighter said:
What can current beta testers say about Home? Can they say nothing? I've heard some rumblings about it not even being close to ready for public use and others seem extremely positive about it. Also, I was under the impression that all the online gaming features that Home is to offer will also be accessible outside of the actual 3D Home environment. Is this true or did I just make that up in my head?

From the impressions that I have gathered from others, the Home beta is interesting but ultimately hollow given that: A) a notable features announced in GDC 07 are not there, i.e. sharing media like music & videos with friends and the Trophy room; B) With such a limited number of beta testers Home public spaces are pretty much ghost towns (unless there is a recent update to attract testers); C) Lack of Home spaces built by developers like the announced Warhawk room and Uncharted mini-game.

gcubed

Oni Jazar said:
From the impressions that I have gathered from others, the Home beta is interesting but ultimately hollow given that: A) a notable features announced in GDC 07 are not there, i.e. sharing media like music & videos with friends and the Trophy room; B) With such a limited number of beta testers Home public spaces are pretty much ghost towns (unless there is a recent update to attract testers); C) Lack of Home spaces built by developers like the announced Warhawk room and Uncharted mini-game.

it has improved leaps and bounds from day 1, but ultimately yes, you are correct. There is nothing really in Home in its current state to keep anyone in it for more then 3 minutes. There really isnt a limited number of testers, as they are there on update days, it just missing the stuff that will keep you there for 20-25 minutes. .

mabuza

Banned
not trying to backseat mod but any particular reason why the op doesn't have banned under his name? he clearly cant even be bothered to explain shit. smh

Top Bottom