• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home open beta starts 24 March in Japan AND WE'RE OUT FOR BLOOD

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
androvsky said:
Since Johnnyram started this thread nearly a month ago, assuming his source was perfect (went golfing with Kaz Hirai maybe?), what are the chances that Sony would be able to keep an internal deadline never announced to the public on such an important and large project as Home? They could easily push it back a day or week and no one would ever know. Yeah, I know it's a beta, but even a beta (and especially an open one) has to fairly solid.

And that's assuming Johnnyram's source was solid. Although I'm starting to expect the Open Beta to start any day now, I'd be most surprised if that day was tomorrow.

I'm just looking forward to what the still unannounced features of firmware 2.20 are. :)

unannounced features? And how long do open betas usually last? I guess your right... gotta figure it's soon anyways.

iceatcs

Pai Pai Master said:
Was this his last post? Maybe the Sony Ninjas got to him.
db1349-family-kidnapped-by-ninjas.jpg

kenta

Has no PEINS
jetles said:
yhe store is updated at 6pm I believe so you'd have to wait until that time.
Yeah I heard it's not updated until like 11:59pm japanese time, it just has to appear on the store magically out of the blue, it just has to

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
jetles said:
yhe store is updated at 6pm I believe so you'd have to wait until that time.

If this is the case, we all have 2 1/2 hours. Sit tight boys and girls....oh wait, 6pm here, or there? :p

So if we have a JPN account, we can get into this? I looked around in the thread for this info a bit first, but I'll likely get an answer more quickly if I just ask.

Jaeyden

Here's a thought. What if the Public Beta is distributed to Japan in the 2.20 Firmware update? I know that closed beta went out through the store...but the firmwares are region locked, aren't they? Anyone think they would do this? To keep everyone else out? I mean 2.20 is supposed to be here today anyway, right?

Wollan

I think this whole thing was misinterpreted.

It's not open public beta as in say... Halo 3.

It's a closed public beta as Home has been so far for Europeans & Americans. I believe only devs from Japan have been able to test out Home so far. Now they're probably adding a handful of folks from the public (ergo, you won't see anything on the JPN PS Store unless you're invited).

lupinko

Jaeyden said:
Here's a thought. What if the Public Beta is distributed to Japan in the 2.20 Firmware update? I know that closed beta went out through the store...but the firmwares are region locked, aren't they? Anyone think they would do this? To keep everyone else out? I mean 2.20 is supposed to be here today anyway, right?

Nope, firmwares aren't region locked.

Maybe this beta could be for NTSCJ PS3s only? @_@

If that's the case, then I'm in! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wollan said:

It's a closed public beta as Home has been so far for Europeans & Americans. I believe only devs from Japan have been able to test out Home so far. Now they're probably adding a handful of folks from the public (ergo, you won't see anything on the JPN PS Store unless you're invited).

mr_nothin said:

What he said.. if you're right. And I think you are. Or might be.

AAK

Wollan said:

Or it could be just one man trying to take advantage of how GAF believes everything whenever someone prophesizes anything gaming related whether it be Aisenherz, SCEegypt, or surfer guy.

kenta

Has no PEINS
AAK said:
Or it could be just one man trying to take advantage of how GAF believes everything whenever someone prophesizes anything gaming related whether it be Aisenherz, SCEegypt, or surfer guy.
This statement will be proven correct on April 31

Kinan

AAK said:

Someone trusted that SCEegypt guy? :)

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
antiloop said:
Maybe they decided to cancel Home. I am loosing faith, the thing looked nearly finished last GDC and it's not out yet.

It's just getting its burn.
This is Kutaragi's retirement gift, unfortunately it was meant to be out before he was, but now I don't know how it's gonna turn out. I believe it's missed out on a lot of the potential energy it could have enjoyed already, so maybe they're also delaying it to maximize it in new ways. Maybe they'll use the beta testers as sacrifice.

Top Bottom