• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront: The Revolution (Crytek/DS, open world, co-op), XB1/PS4/PC, 2015, Trailer

ekim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTdoI6huQsY
homefront-the-revolution-announce-3-1.jpg

Taking place four years into the occupation of the US by Korean forces – as portrayed in the original game – Homefront: The Revolution follows a new set of characters as they battle for freedom throughout the war-torn streets of Philadelphia.

By recruiting resistance fighters and using guerilla tactics in an open-world environment, players can terrorize KPA troops and attempt to gain the upper hand either alone or along with friends in online co-op.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/02/cryteks-homefront-the-revolution-fights-for-freedom-on-pc-xbo/

Polygon said:
A short demonstration underlined that. Brady and his mates were tasked with busting some militants out of jail, and took advantage of an improvised bomb diversion elsewhere in the location to get into position. Salim later told me that diversion was not a scripted event; it was supposed to represent a human partner — there will be four-player online cooperative multiplayer — providing a big assist to the operation. (Salim would not discuss what multiplayer modes other than campaign co-op, if any, are planned for the game.)
Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/2/5770166/homefront-2-the-revolution-preview-crytek

NotLiquid

Still salty that this is what Crytek UK have been working on rather than a new Timesplitters.

Need to see more than a CG trailer before I pass judgment.

Rosur

Open world aspect is certainly intriguing, and next gen only is great too.

Yea open world is definitely intriguing. Seems like it will be something similar to the Mercenaries games.

Also glad its just next gen. Expecting a March 2015 date.

No thank you. Who asked for this? And what a boring reveal trailer. What were they thinking?

EDIT: And North Korea as the main foe seems even more ridiculous this time around than the last.

Majukun

trailer is so generic it hurts,but the open world scenario might shake up things a bit...not exactly hyped though..we already have too much games like that

Dennis

Banned
Those graphics could not have been more dull and grimdark.

For fucks sake, Crytek, remember Crysis? When you had good art design?

wrowa

You know, I'm kinda glad Crytek bought the rights to Homefront. Despite the first game not being any good, I still think that the setting is pretty cool.

Yoday

Looks pretty stunning. I am expecting a Spring release for this, as that has been Crytek's go to release window for quite some time now.

Dio

Banned
As if Korea could occupy the USA.

The other thing that gets me about the Homefront series is that it always felt to me like some sort of ridiculous fearmongering 'WHAT IF KOREANS TOOK OVER AMERICA?! THIS COULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN' scenario. Reminds me of a cheap crappy right-wing fantasy trip about America being overthrown by evil foreigners and the common man must fight back because right to bear arms etc etc.

This trailer couldn't have been more generic.

cgi: check
generic shootout: check
explosions: check
average white male protagonist: check

add on top of that this is a sequel to a bad game, made by Crytek, it doesn't instill hope in me.

Also surprisingly this trailer combined elements of Killzone Shadowfall and inFamous Second Son, what a blend.

Top Bottom