• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront: The Revolution (Crytek/DS, open world, co-op), XB1/PS4/PC, 2015, Trailer

I've never played Homefront, is it good?

Imagine a CoD that takes itself very seriously and then remove the well done set pieces. Also it's unpolished, runs at an uncapped framerate (but sits around 30fps) and has lots of screen tearing. That's Homefront.

SpyGuy239

Wow that's was a pretty awesome trailer.

Was that in game or CGI?

There is a PC version. RIGHT? nvm Thread title says there is :)

CryptiK

What the fuck Crytek? Do you even know what Homefront was supposed to be? It was supposed to be a Battlefield Clone but better god damn it.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
This is truly the generation of rainy near future.

Can someone just get it over with and make a Blade Runner game, fuck.

Adam Blue

Different developer.

I wonder if this will be something like Freedom Fighters.

I wouldn't even blame the original developer....THQ said higher-ups purposely effed up the original vision to be more in line with CoD.

RIP in piece Kaos.

But, despite Haze, this current developer could do some good.

And good news about Deep Silver. Developers are being smart about avoiding publishers who do long-term damage. (Crytek actually bought the rights, if I remember correctly - but probably saw how DS handled SRIV and Metro)

ekim

More appropriate than ever:
donald-duck-in-apple-00l8s.jpg

alienator

So, homefront, a game amongst the most mediocre games i played previous gen, now mixed with a deep silver logo, which gives me flashbacks to all their horrible buggy games,... i dont really see why i should be excited for this ;p

Osahi

I rather liked Homefront. It was short, but fun, despite it's massive shortcomings.

It's an interesting universe, and open world sounds very tempting... Happy more and more shooters are breaking away from the COD-mold... Looking forward to gameplay on E3

Looks more interesting than I thought it was going to be. However it is being made by Crytek, and the last game that Free Radical made before going under was Haze. Not exactly a promising combination.

Mediocre trailer. But as everyone has already said, the Freedom Fighters-like open-world thing could do very well for what may otherwise have just been a forgettable right-wing fantasist shooter.

As if fucking North Korea can ever realistically unite with South Korea under Pyongyang, let alone successfully invade and occupy the one nation on Earth with the highest grossing military spending and absurd weapons arsenal than the next five or so nations on the military spending chart combined. Utterly absurd premise.

Dmax3901

While obviously not gameplay, all this trailer made me think is how influential both Saving Private Ryan, and Half Life 2 were/are.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Folk should remember that a name is name only. No matter what you thought of Homefront, a game is defined by the people who make it, and Homefront 2's development has basically sweet dick all to do with Homefront. Entirely new team. Entirely new publisher. Entirely new game design concept. The only similarities are in the name, and the general premise.

Folk should remember that a name is name only. No matter what you thought of Homefront, a game is defined by the people who make it, and Homefront 2's development has basically sweet dick all to do with Homefront. Entirely new team. Entirely new publisher. Entirely new game design concept. The only similarities are in the name, and the general premise.
Exactly

Bruticuz

Banned
We all know it will look like watchdogs when it comes out, dont we ?
Crytek does not need to redeem itself its Homefront as a title that does.

"The city of Philadelphia is an asymmetric battlefield. The KPA have far superior technology and they can take out anyone they want to if you go up against them. The answer is you must use guerrilla tactics."

Players aren't nearly as well equipped as the KPA, so to take them on you have to make clever used of the environment, the Crytek designer explains. This means staging ambushes and using hit-and-run tactics. It means gathering items and other materials to create weapons and tools that you can use in your fight against the KPA, including IEDs (improvised explosive devices) and distraction tools.

"The more things you do to hamper or dent the KPA, no matter how small that seems, these are all things that contribute to getting people out on the streets," Salim said. "If you can get people out in the streets, there's a lot more stuff that will happen; there are a lot more distractions for you to use. The KPA will have their focus on the people in the streets uprising, and you can go in and do more damage."

I'm intrigued.

Getting Freedom Fighters vibes from these previews/descriptions.

Hm, seems like this could be interesting. Of course, I thought that way for the last game too.

And how in the world did North Korea get all this advanced tech? They're rocking gear from the 70's right now.

level44

True, but they should have dropped the name.

Razyl

Open-World? Guerilla tactics? Recruiting fighters?

Sounds like an Freedom Fighters 2, if somebody remembers the IO game.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Yep. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

Lunar15

It's crazy to me that piggybacking on existing IP can be considered helpful even when the original game was considered a flop.

Not to mention its a different team/studio from the one that does Crysis. So people should stop with the comparisons.

It's crazy to me that piggybacking on existing IP can be considered helpful even when the original game was considered a flop.
The best part about the IP, the background story/setting, is getting carried over, so at least there's that.

Looks interesting.
Hopefully the mutiplayer is CrysisxBattlefield this time instead of CODxBattlefield.

I'll keep my eye on in. I'm assuming Microsoft has the stage demo.

Top Bottom