• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront: The Revolution (Crytek/DS, open world, co-op), XB1/PS4/PC, 2015, Trailer

GavinUK86

"Join us at E3 for the gameplay world premiere".

So who's stage are they showing up on then, Microsoft or Sony?

Also, sounds like a first-person Freedom Fighters. I'm in.

KaiserBecks

Open World game by Crytek? No last-gen versions?

nGM0hOs.gif

jond76

Banned
My thoughts on Homefront: I liked it. If anyone is interested in it I say check it out. The campaign is only about 3 hours long and is pretty entertaining. Even if you hate it, it's only 3 hours. Not to mention you can grab for a couple bucks right now.

Open world is very promising.

As far as NK invading, I thought they did I great job building it up in the intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VilBSwFFfyg

Making it open world/current gen only has me interested. Never thought I'd say that about Homefront. Not sure how I feel about them futuring it up so much though. Granted, the first game had advanced stuff but it felt a little more grounded and gritty. After watching that trailer, I'm half expecting there to be mechs at some point.

MaxiLive

Well it sounds more interesting than I thought a sequel to Homefront could ever be.

Agreed.

It actually gave me some vibes of the HL2 resistance :p

I doubt this will be anything mind blowing when it comes out but I'm sure it will be a decent enough game :D

Damn it, why is Deep Silver involved? I thought Crytek owned this IP.

Deep Silver region-locks all their PC games so I'm not gonna day-1 this.

Tripolygon

Banned
Is there any game announced that isn't generic to some people on GAF?

WTF is wrong with some people and the word generic being thrown around for every single game announced?

jaosobno

How in the hell did North Korea manage to conquer USA? They can't even feed themselves, let alone invade a major superpower.

HowZatOZ

Banned
That trailer was rather...generic and amateurish. Just felt weird with the CGI models and camera angles, like it was being shot haphazardly or something.

so many beanies this gen
watupwithdat?!

Hides hair. That is literally all there is too it, as the beanie is just painted on they don't have to worry about any extra polygons.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

The interview with Eurogamer oddly implies otherwise, and least within the context of the article:

Eurogamer said:
"If your buddies are in the world with you, you don't have to be doing the same thing," Salil explains. "The idea is that you come together to do something you all want to do - if you come across a mission you think is cool, or want someone to help you out." If your friends want to do their own thing then that's fine too, and gameplay will be balanced so you're not at a disadvantage.
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...homefront-the-revolution-pc-ps4-xbox-one-2015

Handy Fake

Is there any game announced that isn't generic to some people on GAF?

WTF is wrong with some people and the word generic being thrown around for every single game announced?

Should have tried growing up in the 80s when every other game released was Manic Miner. :D

velociraptor

Wow, this trailer looks spectacular. This one totally caught me by surprise.

I'm interested.

I don't understand the negativity in this thread. Guys, complain less - you'll enjoy gaming (and life) a lot more.

Scotch

As if Korea could occupy the USA.
Yeah, the whole premise turns me off a lot more than it should. I like far-fetched scenarios in my videogames as much as the next guy, but a country of 25 million occupying the United States is just in no way feasible or realistic.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Polygon says campaign co-op too. I think Game Informer is confused.

Polygon said:
A short demonstration underlined that. Brady and his mates were tasked with busting some militants out of jail, and took advantage of an improvised bomb diversion elsewhere in the location to get into position. Salim later told me that diversion was not a scripted event; it was supposed to represent a human partner — there will be four-player online cooperative multiplayer — providing a big assist to the operation. (Salim would not discuss what multiplayer modes other than campaign co-op, if any, are planned for the game.)
Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/2/5770166/homefront-2-the-revolution-preview-crytek

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Folk should remember that a name is name only. No matter what you thought of Homefront, a game is defined by the people who make it, and Homefront 2's development has basically sweet dick all to do with Homefront. Entirely new team. Entirely new publisher. Entirely new game design concept. The only similarities are in the name, and the general premise.

Well to be fair the premise was dumb and Crytek is actually a worse developer than Kaos was.

yencid

Yeah, the whole premise turns me off a lot more than it should. I like far-fetched scenarios in my videogames as much as the next guy, but a country of 25 million occupying the United States is just in no way feasible or realistic.

in the first game NK expands majorly into other parts of asia i believe.

GavinUK86

Well to be fair the premise was dumb and Crytek is actually a worse developer than Kaos was.

Kaos were just terrible. Both games they made had good ideas that were never realised because of the lack of talent.

I find it hilarious that people can't wrap their heads around North Korea invading yet aliens are fine. It's all fiction.

Tobor

As ridiculous as North Korea as an invader is, they don't offend anyone.

I'm going to pretend they are the Chinese as originally intended while I'm playing.

RMI

Banned
So maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't China supposed to be the invading army originally, and they changed it to North Korea for fear of stirring up shit?

In any case, Homefront is a terrible concept, and the only reason anyone knows about it is that it was bad and helped sink THQ. Reviving that IP seems like a horrible idea.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Homefront's MP was fantastic, albeit a bit janky. If Crytek at least keeps KAOS' MP ideas (stuff like Battle Commander mode and buying guns/vehicles mid-match with your points) the game could be fantastic.

velociraptor

As ridiculous as North Korea as an invader is, they don't offend anyone.

I'm going to pretend they are the Chinese as originally intended while I'm playing.
Well it's not like they invaded overnight.

I haven't seen this before but the Homefront intro trailer is pretty interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFlosNODqhE

No mention of China though.

As for the actual trailer for HF2, I got serious Killzone vibes.

A spiritual successor to Freedom Fighters would be amazing though.

It's a combined Korea under Kim Jong Un's rule.

I'm intrigued. I actually enjoyed the story for the first Homefront, so count me in. I love it when FPS actually try to contribute more to the world than just great gun play. Granted, the shooting mechanics in the first homefront were fairly pedestrian at best.

Top Bottom