• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront: The Revolution (Crytek/DS, open world, co-op), XB1/PS4/PC, 2015, Trailer

Near future military shooter is the new modern military shooter.

I found the first Homefront to be a guilty pleasure but Crytek usually make pretty boring games. Open world co-op has me intrigued, though, so I'll keep an eye on it.

Keasar

My experience of the Homefront was not very good, however, they have a hook on me with the open world co-op.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looks good. I'm glad it's next gen and PC only.

Looks like an inferior inFamous clone and Crytek seriously needs to stop doing bald guys or characters wearing helmet.

Learn some proper hair styling please.

Dio

Banned
Looks like an inferior inFamous clone and Crytek seriously needs to stop doing bald guys or characters wearing helmet.

Learn some proper hair styling please.

How does it look anything like Infamous? If Homefront 1 was anything to go by, this will be first person, and superpowers are not involved.

homefront-the-revolution-announce-3-1.jpg

that doesn't look like what I saw in the trailer visually.

Blastoise

Banned
How the fuck can North Korea pull this off? I'd rather believe in the reality of Halo or Mass Effect. Lol.

Anyway this looks pretty great.

Mugatu

I have 2 immediate thoughts:

1. New characters? Thank God, the ones in the first game were awful.

2. Open world military shooter? I can see this sounding great but being awful in reality/execution.

Lucifon

Wait... no mention of competitive mp? That was the whole point in homefront, the sp was a sideshow just like it is in battlefield. Please tell me they've not axed it. It's also Free Radical's forte.

KOCMOHABT

Polygon http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/2/5770166/homefront-2-the-revolution-preview-crytek

CVG http://www.computerandvideogames.co...rings-guerrilla-warfare-to-an-open-world-fps/

Crytek http://www.computerandvideogames.co...rings-guerrilla-warfare-to-an-open-world-fps/

trailer looks very.. unappealing. But open world fps sounds interesting.

Interestingly it also comes to mac and linux.

Coming to Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4, PC, Mac and Linux in 2015, Homefront: The Revolution throws players into a near future dystopia where catastrophic events have brought the USA to its knees and enabled North Korean forces to impose a brutal military occupation.
HOMEFRONT_THE_REVOLUTION_ANNOUNCE_6-pc-games.png

I don't care about the first Homefront game. What I know is that I liked Crysis games and I trust Crytek as a talented developers.

Looks like this game will have some Crysis DNA inside it. Plus, it's next gen only and not a F2P garbage. I'm certainly looking forward.

glaurung

The original Homefront was a smelly turd.

Hopefully this one has more ambition. That "screenshot" looks like Generic Shooter #9 though.

Looks generic. Bad animations, shaky camera, CGI sub par (I expect more from Crytek).

Sorry I just watched Game of Thrones :(

Kaan

Banned
Open world, Co-Op, scavenging for supplies etc - you have my attention Crytek.

I lost faith in you after Crysis 2, but this could be awesome.

Eagerly awaiting the gameplay trailer.

Visually this could look insane and fry some rigs!

geordiemp

Hmm, open world and co-op.

Well maybe this will be more interesting than I was assuming.

Well said sir, hopefully it will be campaign coop.

There are not too many campaign coop games out there on next gen that's not multiplayer.

Infact cant think of any

Prezhulio

Is it free to play? I thought crytrek said they weren't making any retail priced games anymore (or maybe I'm Mis-remembering)

Top Bottom