• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West will launch on PS4 too

sonyfifa

sony did the right thing. the quality jump between ps5 and xbox x is 2 massive.

why play your strongest cards when u dont have to ?

also this time we will see a quality jump during the upcoming console generation.

John Wick

Well the PS4 is holding it back from being a true next gen game, not even debatable.

This is literally the industry standard frustrum culling lol.

The great thing about the series X, and why I’ll be buying one without even contemplating buying any series x games, is that it’s a complete replacement for the One X. It literally does everything it does and more. Just unplug the One and put the Series X there and use the same controllers and same peripherals and same 3 generations of games. PS5 not so much.

Again your making presumptions without even seeing the game. 3-4 games doesn't mean Sony will bring all their games for PS4 too. Some of these games were probably started with PS4 in mind 2-3 years ago. Why should Sony waste that development time by binning the PS4 versions?

Last edited:

Journey

Banned
Looks pretty next-gen to me. I guess the PS4 version will be more of a demake. That's fine too.

tenor.gif

Just Cause series have. It also have physic unreachable for any Sony first party game.

Now compare the textures between the two games. (PS4 version)

The way Just Cause is doing it is craming almost all the world data and game data needed for the next 30 seconds in the 5GB of Ram. And with that, comes a lot of graphical compromise.

Horizon Zero Dawn looks good even on PS4. It's partly because of expertly crated level design that allows streaming of data in the background. That's why the game has narrow pathways, climbing markers, limited running speed, etc.

Guerilla Games can implement flying mounts if they set that as a goal priority but the graphics of the game will suffer. And I don't think having HZ1 looking better than HZ2 is good for marketing.

I'm still excited for the game though. I loved the first game.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

This was definitely one of the games that were top of my mind for what caused the investment and push into offloading SSD loading, HZD had pretty long load times. If the second game is built to be looser in assuming a fast SSD, I wonder if the load times will get worse on the PS4.

Ghosts of Tsushima did an amazing job on load times with a rust drive, but, different studio, different game type, I wonder how much of that can be shared.

Kumomeme

the game clearly developed with ps4 spec and upscaled. I doubt they developed for ps5 first especially if considering how long the game being developed. But dont expect ps4 version gonna have similliar visual as the gameplay trailer. Ps4 version surely will has lower textures asset and many other stuff downgraded. But dont expect anything mindblowing used for the ssd other than loading speed. Wonder about flying mount..it gonna be magically there? well square manages to put flying car in ffxv. But i wont expect something like in Avatar movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom