• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey Trailer, delayed to February 28th, 2017

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Meh, I hate art books that are the size of Blu ray cases - you always know they're going to be trash. I'll get the standard addition and look for a real art book separately.

Witcher 3 is the exception. I'm not holding every game to that standard, especially in the first entry of a series when the studio hasn't made an RPG before.
Having a strong narrative hasn't exactly been GG's strong point either. But if I remember correctly, didn't they hire somebody who worked on writing for Fallout: New Vegas and also somebody who was a quest designer for The Witcher?

I just can't get excited for this, it just looks like any other AAA game to me and pretty graphics do absolutely nothing for me if you don't have any meaty gameplay to back it up with. We haven't seen enough of it yet, but just have the feeling it's gonna be all flash and no substance. Technically impressive, but nothing to really do. It doesn't help that I don't think Guerilla has made one good game yet.

Hyperboyle much?

FWBMz1N.png

It looks great,but everyone I see footage of it, I'm reminded aboiut how stupid the concept of this game actually is. High-tech tribe and mecha-dinos? Someone must have found his junior grade drawing book in a closet. Actually thinking about it this way makes it somewhat interesting, but the tone is so serious instead....
The idea of a primative far future civilization built on the ruins of, and using the tech of, the forgotten advanced civilization is a concept that has been around a while.

Ran rp

you guys are taking my post too seriously :p

PSY were you the one talking about the robot dinosaurs somehow being a bad thing? Sorry I can't remember who said that and I'm on my phone.

no, i don't think robot dinosaurs are a bad thing. i think the tone of the game is too serious for the concept, though.

robot dinosaurs taking over the world is something you'd find in a saturday morning cartoon. in sonic the hedgehog or megaman and the like.

i think it would work if the tone was similar to... metal gear, where there's always an air of silliness.

Okay good yeah it was you I was talking about.
Your post was ridiculous.

what was ridiculous about my posts?

PSY・S;205825568 said:
the game is taking itself way too seriously and it's putting me off.

the poor VA makes it worse.

it's freakin' gorgeous though.

PSY・S;205835704 said:
how is that nitpicking? robot dinosaurs is silly as fuck.

lumi7890

a lot of the stuff in this trailer reminds me of avatar TLA & LOK, more kora then last airbender though (hell, alloy looks like she has her own amon). anyway, a lot of the stuff in the trailer is definitely helping fulfilling my hype meter, I just need to see some gameplay. My only real concern is the dialogue. it seems very stiff, witch is weird because the dialogue from the first trailer seemed fine??? also, it seems that the story has change somewhat, at least from the first trailer, although it could be that they were going for a different tone with this one and that's why it feels different. my concerns aside, I have a pretty good feeling about this game, just something about it feels magical and mystic, and with games being all realistic and gritty as of late, it will be awesome to have a new fantasy world to explore.

viHuGi

Banned
Man gotta love the posts trying to downplay this, missed Gaf so much, happy to be back and see this amazing posts and have a laugh.

Guerrilla you are doing it right, amazing :D

Edit: Do we know how big is the Open World? Did they said anything yet?

The God

Witcher 3 is the exception. I'm not holding every game to that standard, especially in the first entry of a series when the studio hasn't made an RPG before.

Every game doesn't need to be held to that standard, but again as an RPG and based off the people GG hired, I expected more I guess.

PSY・S;205845260 said:

no, i don't think robot dinosaurs are a bad thing. i think the tone of the game is too serious for the concept, though.

robot dinosaurs taking over the world is something you'd find in a saturday morning cartoon. in sonic the hedgehog or megaman and the like.

i think it would work if the tone was similar to... metal gear, where there's always an air of silliness.
A lot of serious sci fi has tackled odd and weird concepts. It's the execution that matters. We have zero idea of what caused the collapse of civilization, why mankind regressed, and why machines evolved alongside Earth's own prehistoric evolution pattern

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Yep, this is good

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just watched the High Res trailer on a 65" 4K.

I thought it looked good on my 6 Plus display, but this is mind blowing.

Going to be incredible, I'm really glad they are taking their time with this one.

Where are all the gifs?!

PSY・S;205845260 said:

what was ridiculous about my posts?

Originally Posted by PSY・S

PQtLUiv.gif

VanWinkle

Took some screenshots of Gamersyde's HQ version. It was still quite compressed, so I downsampled the captures to 900p to minimize some of that.

AvNl4vv.png

T7Aegfk.png

mgvjXEB.png

QlR9O5i.png

ekDrsGi.png

IjMQcKs.png

EGZnzw6.png

PQtLUiv.gif
Depends on the reasoning. Sentient AI may have began to evolve, basing their evolution around what they learned about organic life's evolution

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I hope there will be sex scenes

Is there a lot of pre orders on the CE with Amazon? I am not getting release date shipping and it will arrive on 3/2/16. This has nevee happened to me before.

Calling it now, this game turns out to be Killzone 5 set a fuck ton of decades after the war and humanity was completely destroyed by new tech.

Okay, that's the most farfetched thing I've ever said, but I'd be weird none the less.

Top Bottom