• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey GG, NG+ please... I can only imagine fighting the Thunderjaws, Stormbringers, Rockbreakers, Behemoths fully loaded from the start
tenor.gif

Lifeline

In the mission where you have to find the war chief sona
when you find her, she has a couple Braves with her, but as soon as the cutscene ends its just you and her that are left. Can the game not handle more than one AI partner?

I remember the leaked artwork showing 4-5 people hunting down machines, it's weird they couldn't work that into the engine.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
when you find her, she has a couple Braves with her, but as soon as the cutscene ends its just you and her that are left. Can the game not handle more than one AI partner?

I remember the leaked artwork showing 4-5 people hunting down machines, it's weird they couldn't work that into the engine.

My guess it's just a shortcut to avoid user confusion as to who to follow during that segment. The two companion Braves show back up again at the destination and takes part in the fighting.

Mmm you fight with a lot of them at your side several times.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Good point. I totally recognize the difficulty of striking a balance between player freedom and when you need to convey a story to them in a natural and cohesive manner. I don't have a better solution, trust me, this isn't a case of armchair game developing, but it's definitely something I noticed.

I actually love the world they're building, it's one of the more interesting and novel premises I've seen in a while, but at points the way it's presented and the pacing taking a hit for that reason is what gets to me. I don't know how they could have done it better than it is now, but I'm hoping they find a way if they do make a Horizon 2, because I ended having to take a break last night after the 10th room with 20 audio and text logs.

That feels like an extreme exaggeration especially compared to some other games. Perhaps it changes after Maker's end but so far I hardly have any text or audio logs - just a few here and there.

leng jai

That feels like an extreme exaggeration especially compared to some other games. Perhaps it changes after Maker's end but so far I hardly have any text or audio logs - just a few here and there.

In the second half of the game there are multiple instances where there are literally 10-15 data logs within the span of 2 minutes, it's ridiculous.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I actually like the exposition dumps the game does but only because after running around for hours hunting machines they feel like a nice break

Zackat

I actually like the exposition dumps the game does but only because after running around for hours hunting machines they feel like a nice break
Yeah, there was once or twice where I was like damn this is a lot. At the same time, I was completely absorbed in the story.

KodaRuss

In my opinion people should do the whole Meridian quest before Maker's End because even if I consider it a really good quest it's secondary (despite the game saying the opposite), and after Maker's you'll only want to know about the main plot.

So yeah, do Meridian.

This is where I am as well. Thanks for the tip. Almost finished all the side missions so its down to these two quest lines it seems.

To be fair Horizon makes a LOT of games look lazy. We live in a post-Horizon world now, shits changed.
My first post Horizon game is Persona 5, but god damn Horizon makes ME:A look last gen. Really doesn't help that Bioware is pretty much Bioware in name only with most of the notable talent being gone...it'd probably look like a glitch fest on the Decima engine too cause Frostbite is still a great looking engine.

Really glad they included thr rattler, I am absolutely terrible with the bow. Only use one for its tear arrows and thats pretty much it.

Dude add that to the horizon gif thread

On topic I feel like replaying this game eventhough I already got the plat
That or a replay of p3/p4 before p5 hits

Seems way too close to P5 for that, you don't want to burn out.

Really glad they included thr rattler, I am absolutely terrible with the bow. Only use one for its tear arrows and thats pretty much it.

Seems way too close to P5 for that, you don't want to burn out.
Yeah rattler's underrated imo; very useful against humans and a quick way to get stalkers or longlegs off your back since it builds shock status pretty quick against them.

About p5
thing is I'm afraid that I can't go back to p3/p4 judging from my friend's playthrough, dungeon structure and combat wise at least. But I could be exaggerating

Proxy

HORIZON ZERO DAWN GLOBAL SALES EXCEED 2.6 MILLION

Critically acclaimed PlayStation 4 exclusive debuts with over 2.6 million copies sold through in two weeks

SAN MATEO, CA, March 16, 2017 - Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced global sales of Horizon Zero Dawn exceeded 2.6 million units during its two weeks of launch*1. The PlayStation(R)4 (PS4(TM)) system exclusive, developed by Guerrilla, was released globally beginning February 28 to widespread critical acclaim. Praised for its unique world design, wide array of strategic action and fascinating story line, it instantly became one of the most celebrated games of the current generation. The impressive launch also makes Horizon Zero Dawn the best-selling new first party IP launch on the PS4 system to date and Guerrilla's biggest debut ever.

Horizon Zero Dawn is an exhilarating new action role playing game where you play as Aloy, a young hunter on a quest to discover her destiny among the remnants of the ancient past. The game is set in a lush, post-post-apocalyptic world where machines roam the land and mankind is no longer the dominant species.
"We knew Horizon Zero Dawn was going to be something special, so to see the incredible critical reaction to a brand new game world translate into this level of sales is really gratifying," said Shawn Layden, Chairman of SIE Worldwide Studios. "Guerrilla has created a game that is nothing short of exceptional, and the reaction we have seen from fans - from hours and hours of gameplay streaming to endless photo sharing - shows just how impactful it has been."

"We're thrilled that Horizon Zero Dawn has been embraced by critics and players alike. Developing the game was a labor of love, so it's extremely satisfying to see that it elicits the same passion and enthusiasm from the gaming public that we felt during its development," said Guerrilla Managing Director Hermen Hulst. "This is only the beginning of Aloy's story and our exploration of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story."
SIE is committed to the continuous expansion of the world of PS4 through the introduction of attractive software titles and network services.

###

*1 Includes both Blu-ray Disc(TM) sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation(R)Store. Sales data in SIEJA regions collected 03/02/17 - 03/13/17, in SIEA regions 02/28/17 - 03/12/17, in SIEE regions 03/01/17 - 03/12/17.

PR email from SIE.

edit : beaten.

Director Hermen Hulst. "This is only the beginning of Aloy's story and our exploration of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story."

YAS!!!!

KodaRuss

Great news on the sales, even better news on the expansion. I think I will be finishing the game this weekend. Might try for the platinum if it isnt too bad.

As far as I am aware
he then can't be at the end fight with you and you can't get the Trophy associated with having everyone with you
but don't quote me on that.

that's what I'm curious about considering folks have said no trophies can be missed. I'd guess that he gets close to death and Aloy spares him or something.

I obviously chose to avoid the fight, am just curious what I missed.

valkyre

Finished the game yesterday. It took me 90 hours and I already feel sad that it is over....

I want more.

What a beautiful captivating world and story they created.

I enjoyed every minute of it, I loved the grippingmystery and storyline unfolding before my eyes and I am so happy that they didnt compromise anything.

The imaculate detail of the world, the machines, the cauldrons the Lore... Guerilla spared no expense and it shows that they worked their butts off to make this game. It is a product of love and it shows from start to finish.

My congratulations and please bring a new game+ mode. I need it...

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
played a few hours today. done these quests:

The City of the Sun
The Field of the Fallen
Into The Borderlands
The Sun Shall Fall
Collateral

and now heading towards Maker's End. I'm starting to get into it again now. I'm ignoring side quests and other things so i can just get on with the main story. Finally managed to upgrade my resources pouch and increase arrow capacity. Feels so much better now. Also I had to turn down the difficulty to easy because normal was really tough for me.

i feel like an idiot now. i thought it said R2 and would automatically shoot 2 arrows. got it now thanks :)

I think I had the skills for 2 and 3 arrows at least a week and a half before I realized how to use it...

I'm in the same boat. I'm just constantly like... "I could be playing horizon right now..."
Horizon comes off as a passion project that Guerilla wants us to buy so they can sustain it. Mass Effect: Andromeda on the other hand has EA pretty much saying, "here's this game from this franchise we bought up. We cobbled together this game, give me your fucking money."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom