• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get your rating to 128? I think stealth armor is 50 and you can slot 2 50% stealth modules. Is there something else I'm missing?
I either read them wrong or they nerfed the stats recently al I know is that I was damn near invisible to the enemies at times and I wasn't far from them either.

NeMfUPU.gif

Alpende

I hate PSN right now. An update of 250mb is supposed to take 8 hours. Sometimes it's fast but most of the times it's slow as fuck.

I found out that I missed the quest "Cause for Concern - Farewell"

Apparently that the one where you
can kill Nil.

Is this quest supposed to start after I cleared all bandit camps? Because it didn't for me.

Nope.
They're from Kojima though :p
Their only use is to prove you did the secret and to sell them for 100 shards. I personally kept my pair, since why not? I didn't need the money at the end.

Okay, well, since Aloy is always complaining about her wet feet after going through a river I thought she could use them.

I found out that I missed the quest "Cause for Concern - Farewell"

Apparently that the one where you
can kill Nil.

Is this quest supposed to start after I cleared all bandit camps? Because it didn't for me.

Mmm it might, once you clear all the camps you have a new objetive with Nil but you have to talk to him outside the last bandit camp you cleared.

Sweet, leaving my current job tomorrow and my leaving gift is Horizon Zero Dawn.

Welcome aboard! although I expect you have another job at the door or at least I asume it's not such a bad thing for you to leave your job. :/

Bunga

Welcome aboard! although I expect you have another job at the door or at least I asume it's not such a bad thing for you to leave your job. :/

I start another job in 2 weeks time hehe. Ideally I'd have nothing to do in those 2 weeks but play this but having a wife who works part-time and two young children sure does put an end to that fantasy!

Lifeline

Well Varl is a Momma's boy, Sona probably wouldn't let him stop defending his position.

Went all the way back to the embarce looking for Varl and he isn't defending the wall either. Dude just stood me up and disappeared.

Also
went back to Rost's grave and the "speak" option came up, but when I pressed it nothing happened. I know she said some stuff about what she's going to do the first time I came to this grave, but is there supposed to more dialogue after that?

I'm glad at least one person understands what I made xD
I actually liked the web series she had with her brother and cameo father, wasn't expecting her to blow up the way she currently has and Aloy is VERY different from what she's usually cast as.
Should be a dynamic PS4 theme.
Went all the way back to the embarce looking for Varl and he isn't defending the wall either. Dude just stood me up and disappeared.

Also
went back to Rost's grave and the "speak" option came up, but when I pressed it nothing happened. I know she said some stuff about what she's going to do the first time I came to this grave, but is there supposed to more dialogue after that?
The further you get in the story the more she says. I'm deep in the game and when I first arrived there she had...lots to say.

Lifeline

One thing I don't get about open world games like Horizon and Skyrim is why have different voice actors voice the same lines for ambient dialogue. I mean you got another VA into a studio, least you can do is write a different sentence.

The further you get in the story the more she says. I'm deep in the game and when I first arrived there she had...lots to say.

I'm pretty far in. Finished all the war chief main quests. Went back the grave and she just kneels and the cutscene ends. Guess I'll just come back later.

One thing I don't get about open world games like Horizon and Skyrim is why have different voice actors voice the same lines for ambient dialogue. I mean you got another VA into a studio, least you can do is write a different sentence.

I'm pretty far in. Finished all the war chief main quests. Went back the grave and she just kneels and the cutscene ends. Guess I'll just come back later.
...I don't think you're as far in as you think you are.

Lifeline

I remember one of the NPCs saying that Meridian is so big you can see it from Daytower, but everytime I go through Daytower the weather is so bad you can't see shit.

...I don't think you're as far in as you think you are.

Yeah I've been spending a lot of time on the side quests and collectibles. I'll come back after more main quests.

Venture

OK, so I'm near these ruins way up north that I can't seem to get to. I had to go through a bunch of machines and then a short cutscene played followed by
a fight with a Stormbringer.
Is this area related to the main quest or is it a side area that's safe to explore?

Circled it on this map. It's only described as "ruins" here.
I1AUxoK.jpg

shiba5

OK, so I'm near these ruins way up north that I can't seem to get to. I had to go through a bunch of machines and then a short cutscene played followed by
Is this area related to the main quest or is it a side area that's safe to explore?

I1AUxoK.jpg

Patience.
(I did the same thing.LOL)

I1AUxoK.jpg
Patience my child.
Main quest

So I'm getting ready to do the final mission later in the day. But it was a magnificent ride all the way through. I had to speed it up a bit to get to other games (BotW) but it has been great. I can't wait to see how the story ends but man has the lore been incredibly fascinating.

Venture

Patience.
(I did the same thing.LOL)

Patience my child.
Main quest

So I'm getting ready to do the final mission later in the day. But it was a magnificent ride all the way through. I had to speed it up a bit to get to other games (BotW) but it has been great. I can't wait to see how the story ends but man has the lore been incredibly fascinating.
Thanks. I'm kind of uptight about not missing anything. Love this game so much.

AlexIIDX

Finished the game last night, loved every minute. I usually get burnt out on open world games but I enjoyed it the whole way through.

Lifeline

I was fighting 3 Tramplers, running out of health and no potion or health plants left. All of a sudden a 4 man Carja squad shows up and starts fighting them too. Then outta no where 3 glinthawks drop down and start freezing shit. I kept my broadhead out of sight, I call him in for a escape and he gets caught up in the rumble too.

Now I really wish this game was on PC so can I make more battles like this.

It'd be a blast if, in addition to being able to use enemy weapons you've torn off their bodies, you could also use certain enemy defensive equipment (i.e. Scrapper radar, Shellwalker shield, Stalker cloaking) until it's depleted.

It'd be a blast if, in addition to being able to use enemy weapons you've torn off their bodies, you could also use certain enemy defensive equipment (i.e. Scrapper radar, Shellwalker shield, Stalker cloaking) until it's depleted.
If you were able to collect the parts to make some of that shit, but it'd have a certain use time limit during the game that'd be great...Aloy would be OP as fuck though. Taking out bandit camps with predator camouflage would be great.

wapplew

Focus, shield weaver, tall grass, we practically have all the tools you named, lol.
Our version of disc launch suckass compare to Thunderjaw's tho.

What's a good way to deal with packs of Stalkers once they aggro?
I usually set up tripwires and shock traps before engaging them. A lot of people find the rattler useless but the shock ammo is pretty effective against since it builds shocked status pretty quickly against stalkers. Also, once you have access to proximity bombs they become a cakewalk
That's a neat idea, maybe they can expand it in the sequel?

KORNdoggy

Can someone post a complete list of both side quests and errands. The lists online mix them up or miss some out. I just want to make sure i got everything. Or at least the amount of each?

Can someone post a complete list of both side quests and errands. The lists online mix them up or miss some out. I just want to make sure i got everything. Or at least the amount of each?

21 Main quests
22 Side quests
14 Errands

Don't have a list other than the ones on the internet, sorry.

The Tallneck in my machine catalogue is still marked with a question mark. How do I get rid of that question mark?

Scan one?

I believe he did, just the game tells him that he didn't check the info on his notebook (you actually have to click on it, not just pass over). I asume he did and is still marked as unchecked.

alexbull_uk

That would definitely be awesome. Seems like a perfect "in the sequel" type feature.

KORNdoggy

21 Main quests
22 Side quests
14 Errands

Don't have a list other than the ones on the internet, sorry.

I believe he did, just the game tells him that he didn't check the info on his notebook (you actually have to click on it, not just pass over). I asume he did and is still marked as unchecked.

Thanks, seems i got them all

Focus, shield weaver, tall grass, we practically have all the tools you named, lol.

Hah, true. But something like torn-off radar e.g. automatically tagging all enemies and wildlife within 100 steps of you (as a single-use item) would be quite handy. And stalker cloaking could similarly be useful as a sort of desperation item you could use to make all enemies lose track of you instantly.

Shield Weaver armor's pretty fucking OP though, no way for the crab shield to be somehow even better than that tbh, *but* it's also pretty much postgame-only. I could see the crab shield as a consumable that you have to harvest (i.e. no buying it from merchants) being extremely handy.

I've stayed radio silent on this game outside of E3/PSX trailers and the review scores (but not the reviews) from the review thread. Have it downloading now and could not be more excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom