• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotel Hell |OT| Because 3 Ramsay shows wasn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

What did Ramsay give to the owner (the Diamond Collection plaque)?
This I am guessing...

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/City/dclist
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/vermont-windsor-juniper-hill-inn.html

Probably won't last them. From some more reading, sounds like they ran some coupon promo to draw guests in and it went sideways. Basically sold rooms for a loss, maybe to attract people who would be repeat customers, but then nickle and dime them for everything and didn't provide services which were listed in the price, and just being general asshats to guests.

You can read some of the negative reviews ... Here

Edit: Also don't know what happened, but if you visit the inn's website they tout a menu by a new chef.

Parch

Part 2 was much more tame. Robert was such a prick in part 1 and the hate was flowing. This time the Inn gets "saved" so the followup show isn't as spicy.

I'll watch the evil part 1's of this series, but won't go out of the way to see the happy followups.

isny

napkin dispenser
So Ari and the other owner are "partners" in more than one way right? They're clearly living together...

RS4-

So Ari and the other owner are "partners" in more than one way right? They're clearly living together...

I remember in the premiere, when Gordon is talking to Ari and he goes "you know what you're biggest problem is? You're fucking Robert"

isny

napkin dispenser
I remember in the premiere, when Gordon is talking to Ari and he goes "you know what you're biggest problem is? You're fucking Robert"

That probably just went right over my head. I probably took that in the context that he's fucking Robert over by being no help and being an ass.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Is that what he said? I don't think that's what he said. Pretty sure it was "it's fucking Robert."

Edit: yeah just checked, Ramsey says "your biggest problem is fucking Robert."

This show is highly scripted and manipulative, but Ramsay makes it watchable. It's no secret why Fox has adopted him as their mascot.

So it's this:

uonne.jpg

Minus the experience.

jett

D-Member
The only good shows of his are the UK kitchen knightmares and The F Word. Master Chef is ok. Hell's Kitchen has horrible contestants. The US kitchen Knightmares is horrible compared to the UK version. This show is pretty bad because there are no redeeming qualities from this place. It needs new owners.

I agree, UK kitchen nightmares was fantastic, there's really interesting stuff there about not just running a kitchen, but businesses as a whole. The US version is complete trash that focus almost entirely on family drama garbage.

gamma

This I am guessing...

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/City/dclist
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/vermont-windsor-juniper-hill-inn.html

Probably won't last them. From some more reading, sounds like they ran some coupon promo to draw guests in and it went sideways. Basically sold rooms for a loss, maybe to attract people who would be repeat customers, but then nickle and dime them for everything and didn't provide services which were listed in the price, and just being general asshats to guests.

You can read some of the negative reviews ... Here

Edit: Also don't know what happened, but if you visit the inn's website they tout a menu by a new chef.

lol, Robert even responded to one of the negative reviews:

Robert Dean, General Manager at Juniper Hill Inn, responded to this review
August 20, 2012
It pains us to have a guest feel that they were not treated with respect as my partner and I and our entire staff make every effort to make our guests feel at home and comfortable. I would like to know when you stayed with us as I would like to be able to look up your reservation and have a point of reference. I ask for this as we have had many people threaten to write negative bogus reviews since we have been featured on Gordon Ramsay's "Hotel Hell" and although we were redeemed there is more redemption coming. It is surprising how many people take these shows literally and: believe me, if we were as portrayed we wouldn't like ourselves either. We invite ALL people to Juniper Hill Inn and care for them a great deal. We also care for our staff a great deal which one reason we decided to do the show in the first place. When would our lovely little town and fun filled region have a chance of international exposure like this? AND would any of our staff still be with us if we were as bad as they portrayed. Do remember it is "reality TV" which has little to do with reality and much more to do with ratings - which it was the highest rated premiere this season! If this is a legitimate review we will look into the circumstances and try to improve but if this is indeed a bogus review then I hope Tripadvisor will remove it immediately. .

Veezy

que?
I enjoyed the show a lot. I thought it was well put together and had a bit more substance to it than US Kitchen Nightmares. It's still a bit on the excess drama side with the queued up "tense music" or whatever, but it was still fun to watch.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
This is why you research before you stay somewhere. Crazy, $800 a night for a crappy place.

chris121580

People wouldn't actually pay that, would they?

In San Diego, they probably would. Man, it's amazing how much better that placed look after they got rid of that red wall. That thing was hideous. I still think the owner came off as a prick and he didn't seem to care at all even at the end of the show. I feel like he did that to himself and it sort of surprised me that Gordon would help out a high end place like that. I like it better when he does the family owned bed and breakfasts. I don't know if I'll be able to watch next week. That place looks disgusting

Big-E

In San Diego, they probably would. Man, it's amazing how much better that placed look after they got rid of that red wall. That thing was hideous. I still think the owner came off as a prick and he didn't seem to care at all even at the end of the show. I feel like he did that to himself and it sort of surprised me that Gordon would help out a high end place like that. I like it better when he does the family owned bed and breakfasts. I don't know if I'll be able to watch next week. That place looks disgusting

Ya the fucking dude paid for Pininfarina to design the whole place. Dude is rich as fuck and had no reason to be a fuck up. Fuck ups who could easily fix things if they didn't have their head up their ass is kind of sad to see. Wish Gordon went more on blaming the owner more.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Love this show. Shit I'd be down for an all-Ramsay channel. Haven't watched UK Kitchen Nightmares yet but will do so soon since I've been hearing nothing but great things about it.

That was a good ep, shame about it closing. Nice of Ramsay to help out McLovin

Also, Brittany. :D
Yes. Very much yes.

Haven't watched UK Kitchen Nightmares yet but will do so soon since I've been hearing nothing but great things about it.
UK Ramsey is best Ramsey. He doesn't pull any punches on Kitchen Nightmares UK, there's some right royal proper shit heads in the show as well. Proper ones, not ones who are being given a script and told to ham it up for the camera. Wish they'd do a Hotel Hell UK after watching these first few episodes.

RS4-

Not a bad run, always curious to see how things turned out after the intervention after filming, then after the airing.

Also, server from the Roosevelt, nice.

I love Ramsay but the editing of his American shows is super frustrating. I much prefer the lack of goofy reality show music of Kitchen Nightmares and such, but at least I still get a dose of Ramsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom