• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Americans Order Their Steak (Rare 2.5%, Well Done 11.7%)

All you fools still arguing about medium rare and well done, when those enlightened have a friendly banter about degrees. You oafs!

mX9Hula-1030x270.jpg

I want to know if anyone here has ever ordered a grass fed aged steak well done before?

caliph95

In other words only 11.7% eat their stakes the right way
*duck under thread*

Also in seriousness rare is disgusting i feel like a ghoul or vampire

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
In other words only 11.7% eat their stakes the right way
*duck under thread*

Also in seriousness rare is disgusting i feel like a ghoul or vampire

I like to ask my steaks what 1000 - 7 is before taking a bite

Jake.

honestly, well-done isn't that awful if it's a nice cut, but i can't imagine actually requesting it in a restaurant. medium please.

Haines

Banned
The amount of people thinking that the steak is bloody is kind if crazy.

Y'all act so above by getting your steak done right and don't even know it isn't blood?

Odd

Roland1979

yes just not steaks

Something in your brain you convinced you that there's a big difference, while there is none or barely any. In the end, the things we consider normal are mostly things we grew up with, or learned is normal from our social environment. But that doesn't mean biting into a raw steak becomes easier (i prefer mine medium rare btw) if your brain isn't on board.

I love it pink but not runny, so that's usually medium-well. Sorry for being a waste of humanity, guys.

But then I never eat steak, so it's not really an issue.

I'm really confused why people who don't eat or enjoy eating steak even have an opinion on this.

Like, I don't like curry, but as a result I would not try to join a discussion about proper spice level in curry. I'm not gonna be like, "I eat my curry super spicy and anyone who doesn't is an animal. But curry's trash so I never eat it!" That would just be dumb.

Maybe you'd eat it more if you knew how much better it tasted when it was cooked properly.

Some small part of eating is my eyeballs, and when it looks like something is bleeding (yes, I know it's not actually blood, I don't care) it's a turn off. Believe me, I spent a few months on the line at a steak joint. I know what's up. I just have my ways.

If you eat a steak from longhorn go ahead and get it well done so when you feed it to your dog he won't get as sick as you will from eating it.

I'm kidding, they alright, but I like Texas Roadhouse medium to medium well so I get a good char on the outside and it's still soft and tender on the inside.

Zyae

Medium is understandable but the only way to eat a steak is medium rare. Anything over Medium and you are just ruining the steak.

Medium and medium rare are yummy. My mom hated seeing any red on meat and always gets things cooked well done, so I had to spend time learning how not to cook the shit out of everything.

SpecX

Medium and medium rare are yummy. My mom hated seeing any red on meat and always gets things cooked well done, so I had to spend time learning how not to cook the shit out of everything.

This was me as well. Growing up I enjoyed steak, but had to have steak sauce because of how overcooked the meat was all the time. Once I got out and started ordering for myself, I fell in love with medium rare and medium cooked steaks. I've tried rare, but it's took undercooked for my taste, but medium rare to medium is where it's at.

I was able to change my sister inlaws mentality on steaks as well when I cooked her a medium/medium well rib eye. She went from not caring for steak due to the dryness of it to loving it based on how I cooked it up. Her issue was the same as my moms, the red/pinkness.

badrang

I'll order steak blue if they'll let me, otherwise rare.

I like raw steak too, steak tartar is delicious. I love raw meat.

Top Bottom