• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How are Used Playstation 3 reliability from gamestop?

Laws00

I'd like to know how reliable are the PS3s from gamestop if any one has bought one from there recently or in the past?

I want to buy a new one but I don't want to pay that $200+ for the damn thing.

Was wondering if used consoles are reliable. I heard to stay away from the ultra slim.

My damn PS3 disc drive won't read Dual Layered disc anymore.

I'm wondering if I should wait till E3 for a price drop if they ever announce one for the thing.

I think price drops are unlikely for old consoles. Xbox 360 just stopped production, the PS3 may face the same fate.

You should wait for E3 for the small chance that it happens, though.

Bear_King

Neo Member
I bought a refurbished 60 GB PS3 from GameStop a couple years ago. Still going strong. Sounds like a Boeing 747 though.

artsi

My PS1 from 1996, PS2 from 2001 and PS3 from 2008 are all still running like champs. But I don't know, it's all luck if you get a good or bad one.

Laws00

My PS1 from 1996, PS2 from 2001 and PS3 from 2008 are all still running like champs. But I don't know, it's all luck if you get a good or bad one.

Sold old PS1 1997 but it was still working by 2005

Launch ps2 2000 disc read error by nov or dec 2001

Metal gear solid 4 ps3 2008? bc YLOD by 2011.

I guess it is luck lol

Ludens

Banned
I'd like to know how reliable are the PS3s from gamestop if any one has bought one from there recently or in the past?

I want to buy a new one but I don't want to pay that $200+ for the damn thing.

Was wondering if used consoles are reliable. I heard to stay away from the ultra slim.

My damn PS3 disc drive won't read Dual Layered disc anymore.

I'm wondering if I should wait till E3 for a price drop if they ever announce one for the thing.

It's really luck based, I guess. A lot of people use to trade back consolle with problems, and the test Gamestopìs employees do can't detect if a unit is broke or not (like, they just plug it, put a disc on and if the console turns on and the game works, they take it).

In the past I bought a 360 used pad, I went home and it didn't work. I went back to GS, they gave me another pad, went home and it didn't work too. the third time was the final one, giving me a working pad, dunno if it's indicative, but I wouldn't buy used hardware anymore.
Try to get a refurbished if the price is good enough, at least you have one year warrantry.

Ron K

As a poster above said, even if GS does everything they can, I would avoid Fats completely unless you REALLY need BC. I never bought one from GS, but I had one refurbished by Sony themselves and it still broke down again in about a year.

Top Bottom