• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

Oh man, they are doing 'Spice World' movie next. Shall be awesome.

I'm all for watching whatever movie they're doing but I dont feel right about this one. Like what if someone walks in on me watching this? How do I explain it? Still gonna do it though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
i was in attendance for the Superman 3 Live episode and it was cool

Did you get to meet any of them?

I'm all for watching whatever movie they're doing but I dont feel right about this one. Like what if someone walks in on me watching this? How do I explain it? Still gonna do it though.

I'm more worried about finding a place to watch it. It isn't on Netflix, or YouTube. And the other places only have it available to buy($10), no rental options. :/

totowhoa

Banned
I've done about ten episodes of this show now and it's just awesome. I only listen to podcasts on friday, saturday, and sunday evening... my other podcasts were seriously neglected this last weekend, and I think there might be a repeat of this next weekend.

I listened to both Twilight episodes and really didn't get the Doug Benson hate from the previous page. Maybe I just need to listen to more, but I enjoyed him quite a bit. Also, he has a really unique voice so I didn't have to work to pick him out from Jason and Paul since I'm only just now getting comfortable with separating the two consistently.

The best episode was the Devil's Advocate one. It killed me.

Still my favorite one

Blastoise

Banned
0njniHYl.jpg

Added Godzilla and Bad Ass to my queue to prepare for those particular episodes. Added Birdemic, Trespass, Gigli, and Season of the Witch as well. Not sure which one I want to do first.

I kinda wish Pluto Nash was available somewhere. The reference it a lot on subsequent episodes. Apparently its very influential on a lot of bad movies.

Hah can't wait until you reach Birdemic. It will blow your fucking mind.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I was actually amused by Spice World. It's so silly, dumb, stupid, whatever. I can't wait.

I was telling Maklershed, I have only seen SW once, and that was back in 97/98 at the height of their popularity. So I'm looking forward to watching that train wreck again.

Are there any pictures anywhere where Jason doesn't look like a maniac rapist/serial killer/terrorist?

Dude has a boss beard.

Rapey Jason is the best Jason.

http://i.imgur.com/0kWiwTK.gif[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

Agreed.

lunchtoast

Started listening to this today, first one being from justin to kelley. It was great, one of the few podcasts where I enjoy live shows. Currently listening to Mario Bros live.

Started listening to this today, first one being from justin to kelley. It was great, one of the few podcasts where I enjoy live shows. Currently listening to Mario Bros live.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. The live episodes tend to be pretty great. Speaking of which - listening to the Birdemic episode right now.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Bob Hoskins is in this movie? He didn't learn his lesson from Super Mario Bros?

And I wonder if Jason Manzoukas, being a big fan of the Stern show, picked this because of Scary Spice being the new AGT judge.

Bob Hoskins needed blow money.

If that was the reason, I'm sure they will say it.

Hosts yelling Pacinoisms over each other seldom gets old.

Said no one ever.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. The live episodes tend to be pretty great. Speaking of which - listening to the Birdemic episode right now.

The live episodes are amazing. I hope to go to a show when they have one in NYC again.

Hazmat

I hadn't heard of this podcast before this thread and I've listened to about a dozen episodes over the last week. It's really great, even if I haven't seen some of the movies. The Sleepaway Camp episode was awesome.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I hadn't heard of this podcast before this thread and I've listened to about a dozen episodes over the last week. It's really great, even if I haven't seen some of the movies. The Sleepaway Camp episode was awesome.

If you haven't seen the movie, drop what you are doing, and watch it. YT link is in the OP.

Haha, I am man crushing on him pretty hard. Started The League last weekend. Watched the 1st episode and realized he wasn't on yet so I jumped to season 2.

Rafi is one of my favorite tv characters of all time.

The "Movies You're Embarrased to Admit You Saw in Theaters" thread is a treasure trove of good ideas for episodes for HDTGM.

Anywho, listened to Burlesque last night. Good episode. I noticed two things about this show that is atypical of podcasts - from the get go its good and pretty much in the same format 60 shows later and two, the live episodes are great.

Goonna listen to Season of the Witch tonight. It'll be interesting to see what they have to say about it because I thought it was a decent movie and to me there didn't seem to be a lot to pick on ... other than maybe Perlman's dialogue. But then again, I remember liking Nothing But Trouble and they definitely changed my mind when I heard that episode. haha

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The SotW episode was pretty good. They ripped into a lot of things from the movie(inconsistencies, things that made no sense etc). Your list after watching the movie is spot-on actually.

totowhoa

Banned
Told my fiancé that I was going to take her to the bone zone this morning. She thought I wanted to take her to the Museum of Osteology :lol

Told my fiancé that I was going to take her to the bone zone this morning. She thought I wanted to take her to the Museum of Osteology :lol

lol

I love the phrase bone zone. But the one term I love more than that is 'bobo' to reference a poor copy ie they call Leelee Sobieski bobo Helen Hunt.

Been addicted to the podcast because of this thread actually, although I will say that as funny as Jason is, his go-to comments of "next-level bonkers" and "jerking off" get a little tiresome. my god, though, what a great show.

Sliver

Has anyone found somewhere to watch Spice World besides buying the DVD? Not even a rental option on Amazon Instant. Wondering if there's some obscure, legal, streaming site it might be on.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Has anyone found somewhere to watch Spice World besides buying the DVD? Not even a rental option on Amazon Instant. Wondering if there's some obscure, legal, streaming site it might be on.

None whatsoever man. I looked around, and they only have it for purchase($10). Even Netflix DVD rentals doesn't really have it. I put it in my q, and it is about a week wait.

They wanted to erase the movie from human memory.

Watching Trespass. This is good already. It has the most meticulously well thought out yet also dumbest robbers in the world; images of a bitchy daughter smoking crack out of nowhere (oh - I guess it was one of the people that broke into the house?); and Nic Cage and Nicole Kidman as a husband and wife so surgeried and wigged out that they don't look like real human beings.

And I'd like to point out the robbers are wearing masks that are see through. Kidman identifies the one guy immediately.

EDIT: Movie done. So stupid. Worst robbers ever.

Got my bottle of Hendricks at my side and ready to watch another shit movie. Gonna do Drive Angry or Spice World.

Went with Drive Angry. Ohhhh man this is gonna be ridiculous yet great.

Only 10 minutes in an there are soooooo many WTF moments already.

I feel like whoever pitched this said "Imagine Constantine in the world of True Blood!"

Can this be anymore hamfisted? Nic Cages character's name is John Milton? lol

The music is in this movie is so incredibly generic. This reminds me of menu select screens in Tiger Woods Golf

Done .. that was literally one of the most next level bonkers movies I've ever seen.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I want to see Drive Angry. Just because Cage is in it. After Spice World, and maybe Devil's Advocate, I will watch it.

Hazmat

If you haven't seen the movie, drop what you are doing, and watch it. YT link is in the OP.

Haha, yeah, I went to YouTube after I made it 10 minutes into the podcast. Their convoluted description of the opening made me realize that I needed to watch it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Haha, yeah, I went to YouTube after I made it 10 minutes into the podcast. Their convoluted description of the opening made me realize that I needed to watch it.

They gave the best description you could possibly give.

My friend told me to watch it. That he couldn't explain it, just watch it. After I did, I understood why you can't explain it lol. Just doesn't make sense.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
EDIT: Just watched Season of the Witch. Not a bad movie at all in my opinion.

Really? I saw it at a dollar theater and felt ripped-off.

Mully

After burning through most of the show's backlog the past week and a half, I'm getting tired of Jason's shtick. If he's not saying bonkers, something about jerking off, or getting raped, he's bringing up a movie idea about a character that shows up for one scene.

Great podcast, but Jason's routine does not change much over the course of 50+ episodes.

Oh, and the word "literally" is used way too much in some episodes, but we already know that.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
After burning through most of the show's backlog the past week and a half, I'm getting tired of Jason's shtick. If he's not saying bonkers, something about jerking off, or getting raped, he's bringing up a movie idea about a character that shows up for one scene.

Great podcast, but Jason's routine does not change much over the course of 50+ episodes.

Oh, and the word "literally" is used way too much in some episodes, but we already know that.

:p

I love his schtick. But it helps that I loved him on The League.

Edit- I tend to like sarcastic personalities, and that is what he is half the time, a sarcastic asshole. He is also the person out of the group, that brings up stuff that I notice while watching the film.

:p

I love his schtick. But it helps that I loved him on The League.

Edit- I tend to like sarcastic personalities, and that is what he is half the time, a sarcastic asshole. He is also the person out of the group, that brings up stuff that I notice while watching the film.

Ya, I love Jason but I could see how people would get tired of his phrases. I can put up with too many "literally's" when he drops gems like the 9/11 jokes in the From Justin to Kelly episode.

Innapropriate!

Top Bottom