• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The top 10 comedy podcasts ever, and the top 10 comedy podcast eps of 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacknuts

we all knew her
7 - Hollywood Handbook

rashidapuke31akj.gif

Thank you! I don't understand the love that one gets around here.

Chiming in to say that my brother my brother and me is fucking hilarious. Everyone should listen, glass shark is a particularly good episode.

skybald

Some episodes of Bombcast having me laughing more than any comedy podcast.

Doug Stanhopes Shot Clog podcast is likely funnier than anything on that list.

kris.

Banned
I feel like the live Spontaneanation with Scotty Auks was funnier than the one that made the list but they're all incredible and anyone that hasn't checked the podcast out yet should.

I like most of the list, but so many of the Earwolf podcasts are so hit and miss for me that I go through spurts of listening to them. I'll be in the mood for them and listen to them non-stop for about a month, but then I won't listen to them for the rest of the year.

Also as far as the Macelroy bros go The Adventure Zone >>>> MBMBAM

Harmontown can be a hit or miss depending on the locale and guests, but as of late, Dan Harmon self deprecation in front of celebrities just doesn't get old. Where else would you find the awkwardness of a successful millionaire asking Aubrey Plaza in an entirely serious manner if he should give up on dating and buy a $6000 sex doll.

Its the reason I love Harmontown. The guy live tweeted his divorce, there is just nothing too far for him. My only complaint lately is that he seems to be trying to do interviews more and more lately. Not sure if its because of that pilot he was working on where he interviewed people as dead historical figures or what, but there is just too many interviews and not enough story/talk time anymore.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Happy to see the love for Max Fun on that list. Throwing Shade has become one of the highlights of my week, and SPY and MBMBAM are always solid.

JCX

Just got into The Read this year, weirdly enough around E3. Kid Fury sang "Simple & Clean" at the beginning and I knew I'd love the podcast from there. It's so funny that I try not to listen at the gym anymore because I laugh in public like a crazy person.

bengraven

No Kevin Smith tells me they're not aiming for popular.

No WTF tells me they're being a bit too fucking pretentious.

Guess I'll have to ask my 22 year old hipster cousin if this is a good list.

Neglecting The Dollops' episode about the Iraq war seems like a crime.

A war crime if you will. But yeah, The Dollop deserves to be up here. I'm so glad NeoGAF turned me on to it. I liked it so much I'm even powering through the weirdness of Point vs Point because more Gareth.

You two guys know what's up.

Highlight of all my podcast listening when a new Dollop lands. Perfect mix of WTF, Laughs and sometimes some actual sadness (Good lord that Nim the chimp episode)

Mr. Sam

no TESD makes this list garbage.

It went really downhill after it became Bryan being outraged at outrage culture every week. Just chill the fuck out, dude - I came here for yucks, not for you to be bashing a new group of people every week in the most humourless way possible.

I don't get the love for Comedy Bang Bang. I don't think Aukerman is that funny and it's a bunch of hit or miss improv skits. It pretty much depends on who is on.
And Kevin Smith's podcasts aren't funny in general. They aren't even meant to be, outside of natural jokes that pop up?
Smodcast is pretty obviously supposed to be a comedy poscast. So is Hollywood Babble-On.

The Beard

No Kevin Smith tells me they're not aiming for popular.

No WTF tells me they're being a bit too fucking pretentious.

Guess I'll have to ask my 22 year old hipster cousin if this is a good list.

WTF is good, but it's not funny.

One of the funniest podcast episodes I've listened to this year is You Made It Weird with Josh Ruben. It was technically a re-release but it was the first time I heard it. His Jeff Bridges impression is hilarious.

It went really downhill after it became Bryan being outraged at outrage culture every week. Just chill the fuck out, dude - I came here for yucks, not for you to be bashing a new group of people every week in the most humourless way possible.

i agree tho. i haven't listened in a while for other reasons but it hasn't gotten any better?

Gintamen

The Mailer Daemon episode made every coworker look at me like I was crazy, sooo good. Those three in a room was a great mix, just laughter after laughter, had to listen to it again the next day, still as funny.

Yeah pretty much, when half the pods length were spent slinging trailmix&underwear then you get Bri raging over some Kardashian tweet... Yeah stopped listening well over a year ago.

dork

Banned
Where the hell is the Ricky gervais show?

8 years ago

One thing I picked up on is when bryan talks about something thats "funny" in the news, he always says "i didnt even think it was funny" or "i didnt even get it". Yes you did, youre just pissed someone else is funny and getting attention

big ander

hold on, the podcasts list is still just for 2015.

the lede says it's part of a series of year end lists, the capsules reference material specific to this year in their praise (the harmontown one talks about Harmon's divorce, the Throwing Shade and HH ones specifically talk about how they were good this year). the "of 2015" at the end applies to both full programs and episodes.

I think it's a fine end of year list and there are plenty of shows I love on it but yeah, if this were a top comedy podcasts list of all time it'd be horseshit, really.

I don't get the Comedy Bang Bang hype. I listened to a few eps a couple of years ago and found them to be devoid of humor. Maybe things have changed, but the show was being hyped like it is now back then so maybe they haven't.

it's not for you

I don't get the Comedy Bang Bang hype. I listened to a few eps a couple of years ago and found them to be devoid of humor. Maybe things have changed, but the show was being hyped like it is now back then so maybe they haven't.

WTF is good, but it's not funny.

One of the funniest podcast episodes I've listened to this year is You Made It Weird with Josh Ruben. It was technically a re-release but it was the first time I heard it. His Jeff Bridges impression is hilarious.

I have listened to this episode so many times...holy moly I laughed so hard the first time I heard it.

Relistening now, still makes me laugh super hard. Photography!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The Mailer Daemon episode made every coworker look at me like I was crazy, sooo good. Those three in a room was a great mix, just laughter after laughter, had to listen to it again the next day, still as funny.

every episode with Jason Manzoukas is amazing

listen to them in order

Nose Master

SPY and MBMBAM are both really good. Been listening to them for years.

Not sure why they picked the Totino's episode for MBMBAM, though. I mean... they do that work, but it's an hour long commercial. Kind of runs out of steam about 15 minutes in.

jergrah

No real comments on the list but the topic made me think of one of Jay Mohrs first ever podcasts that was probably the single funniest podcast I've ever listened to

I wanted to post another recommendation for We Hate Movies.

212NXDf.png

I absolutely love it. Not only to they "hate" on movies in a comedic fashion, but they do it in a way that's great for movie lovers, with references and bad impersonations. Some jokes can obviously be a little hit and miss, but the chemistry of the hosts is just wonderful and makes it a pure joy to listen to. Definitely my favorite podcast, next to 99% Invisible.

Some of my favorite episodes are Mrs. Doubtfire, The Butterfly Effect, Mortal Kombat and Face/Off.

Here's the full list of episodes with a lot more gems in it:
http://www.whmpodcast.com/p/episodes.html

(e: it's actually not the full list. You can find the rest on the feed or the front page. no idea why they're not updating the episodes list)

Thanks everybody, I will check them both out ��

(Anybody know why WHM only goes back to May 2013 in Overcast? I like to start, skimming at least, from the beginning)

The first 100 episodes can only be accessed from their website, for some reason. It's really annoying and confused me a lot at the beginning as well.

http://www.whmpodcast.com/p/episodes.html

It's pretty much the reason why I barely listened to any of the earlier episodes, even though I'd love to (MIB 2 and Die Another Day is in there).

HotHamBoy

Jason Mantzoukas is the best reason to listen to HDTGM, although June is great, too. I'm just not a fan of Paul Scheer and he has the WORST ad reads.

Hollywood Handbook is the best comedy podcast, period. I love a lot of comedy podcasts and hold many near and dear, even at their weakest, but HH stands tall above all else.

If you dont get it, it's ok. You'll never know true joy, but you can't miss what you haven't had.

Oh, also gonna say Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project is amazing-gah. Miniseries, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom