• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

I got through about 20 minutes of Breaking Dawn pt. 1 so I could go into the podcast knowing what they're talking about.

It was funny regardless, but what an atrocious film.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Twilight. You've got to get to Part 2 with CGI baby face. It's startling.

Done. I should be watching part 2 on Friday, or Saturday.

Listened to the Pluto Nash episode, pretty good. They had the same criticism I had about the film. Which, btw, is terrible. No wonder it bombed so hard.

I liked the discussion of the lameass honeymoon in the Breaking Dawn Pt. 1 podcast.

Pt. 2 is good too, but June isn't in it, which is a bummer.

Clevinger

I liked the discussion of the lameass honeymoon in the Breaking Dawn Pt. 1 podcast.

Pt. 2 is good too, but June isn't in it, which is a bummer.

Might have been better that she wasn't. On live shows there's a different energy where the other three usually talk louder and faster and she gets cut off a lot. There was this one live show, I think it was with Kroll, where she barely got to say anything. I felt bad.

Might have been better that she wasn't. On live shows there's a different energy where the other three usually talk louder and faster and she gets cut off a lot. There was this one live show, I think it was with Kroll, where she barely got to say anything. I felt bad.

Breaking Dawn Part 2 wasn't live. I missed June that episode, I'm sure she would have had a few insane theories. Benson was there though, so she probably wouldn't have gotten a word out.

I think the next movie I'll watch is Abduction. Although it looks like it'll be a strong possibilty of being bad bad and not funny bad.

A new Nic Cage movie has popped up on Netflix that looks like it could be a good HDTGM episode - Stolen. He's in so many movies that just appear out of nowhere and don't seem to have theatrical releases.

The 88 Minutes is like that. Jason and Pete Homes are so loud and talkative that Paul barely says anything and June is almost non-existent. Pete kind of annoyed me during that but his Pacino is great.

I think the next movie I'll watch is Abduction. Although it looks like it'll be a strong possibilty of being bad bad and not funny bad.

I enjoyed Abduction but I also have a weird fascination with Taylor Lautner because he's such a horrendous actor. There are quite a few lol worthy moments.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

The episode was 'birdemic.' During the episode, there were times I had forgotten she was even present.

One of my favorite lines of that episode:

eHrW4tX.jpg

I enjoyed Abduction but I also have a weird fascination with Taylor Lautner because he's such a horrendous actor. There are quite a few lol worthy moments.

Hearing the guys describe his acting ability is amazing. I'm about to get hit with a double dose of it this week.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Oh hell yes.

It is a good choice. Thisgonnabegood.gif

Sweet! I saw it once as a kid but I wouldn't mind watching it again. Gah no free streaming option - $2.99 rental on Amazon. Oh well good enough.

We are talking about the 1994 Street Fighter right?

Like Spice World, I haven't seen in in 10 plus years. It actually will be on Netflix...May 1st.

Where are you located at? If you are shelling out the $3 for rentals, I would suggest you sign up for Netflix DVDs, $8. At the very least, you should be to watch 6 movies a month, and probably more along the lines of 8 movies.

And yes, this is the 1994 version.

Is there some bizarre reason they have not done Bucky Larson yet? I feel that Jason would implode from overuse of the word INSANE.

The main reason would probably be, there are a ton of bad movies, and not enough time to do them all. Second reason, they tend to do the popular bad movies fan have suggested, so maybe BL isn't getting much attention/love from fans.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Fine, then as a dedicated listener, I will petition for its inclusion :p

Which brings up an idea I been thinking about, we should all vote on a bad movie, and then hit up their forums/twitter/facebook page to try, and get the movie featured on the show.

I forgot SF was Raul Julia's last movie. Btw, it's on Amazon Instant.

Which brings up an idea I been thinking about, we should all vote on a bad movie, and then hit up their forums/twitter/facebook page to try, and get the movie featured on the show.

I'd be up for this.

Tom_Cody

Is there some bizarre reason they have not done Bucky Larson yet? I feel that Jason would implode from overuse of the word INSANE.
They have said on a few separate occasions that there are certain movies that they won't do because they are friends with the people who made/were-in them. BL could fit in to that category.

I will not stand for this movement against Hudson Hawk :(
They have said on a few separate occasions that there are certain movies that they won't do because they are friends with the people who made/were-in them. BL could fit in to that category.
Make sense; I'd imagine Swardson, Jason, and Paul operate in the same circle.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I think they should do 'North' as a tribute to roger ebert who famously ranted about it. Plus the movie is absurd and terrible and has Bruce Willis in a pink bunny costume.

Good idea GK86. Not sure what I'd want to recommend. There are so many good bad movies out there. I think a good one would be Peter Jackson's first movie Bad Taste. Its all around next level bonkers. (ie aliens rounding up humans to process and sell as snack food, a puke eating scene, a scene where a guy smashes his head on a rock and his brains keep falling out, a dude that drives a car with life sieze cut-outs of Sgt Peppers Beatles in it, etc)

Paul has said the one genre they'll almost never cover, due to the possibility of stepping on friends and future colleague's toes, is comedy. Although he did make an exception for The Love Guru.

Tom_Cody

I think they should do 'North' as a tribute to roger ebert who famously ranted about it. Plus the movie is absurd and terrible and has Bruce Willis in a pink bunny costume.

I loved North when it came out. I am always baffled by the hate it gets. It was just surreal fun. This kind of makes me want to read Ebert's review.

I also loved and still love Hudson Hawk. I guess when comedic tone hits you wrong it really hits you wrong.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I loved North when it came out. I am always baffled by the hate it gets. It was just surreal fun. This kind of makes me want to read Ebert's review.

I also loved and still love Hudson Hawk. I guess when ecomedic tone hits you wrong it really hits you wrong.
And now for a second opinion:
"I hated this movie. Hated, hated, hated, hated, hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it"

Tom_Cody

And now for a second opinion:
"I hated this movie. Hated, hated, hated, hated, hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it"
Lol. This kind of makes we want to write an Amazon review.

Also, note that I was a kid (the actual target audience) when it came out.

Went through three episodes today that I never planned on watching the movie of and got to thinking that I wish they'd set up a camera to record themselves in the studio. I'd like to see that dynamic.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Went through three episodes today that I never planned on watching the movie of and got to thinking that I wish they'd set up a camera to record themselves in the studio. I'd like to see that dynamic.

Which ones did you listen to/watch?

That would be amazing. I want to see how animated Jason gets.

Acid08

Banned
They do this for Comedy Bang Bang sometimes. They record in the same studio so I'm sure it's possible.

Which ones did you listen to/watch?

That would be amazing. I want to see how animated Jason gets.

I did Gigli, Burlesque and The Back Up Plan. I'm kind of interested in seeing Gigli now, even though it's long, but the other two sounded like pure garbage.

They do this for Comedy Bang Bang sometimes. They record in the same studio so I'm sure it's possible.

They need to make that happen.

I'd did Gigli, Burlesque and The Back Up Plan. I'm kind of interested in seeing Gigli now, even though it's long, but the other two sounded like pure garbage.
gigli is weird. it's completely mediocre through 3/4 of the movie. I was watching it wondering what all the fuss was about. But the ending... THE ENDING. Will make you hate the movie and anyone associated with it. Quite a spectacular turn.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'd did Gigli, Burlesque and The Back Up Plan. I'm kind of interested in seeing Gigli now, even though it's long, but the other two sounded like pure garbage.

Watch Gigli since it is on Netflix. But watch it in two installments. That film wasn't meant to watch in one sitting. And it is long for no reason.

gigli is weird. it's completely mediocre through 3/4 of the movie. I was watching it wondering what all the fuss was about. But the ending... THE ENDING. Will make you hate the movie and anyone associated with it. Quite a spectacular turn.

The ending was well worth the garbage, and freaking monologues you had to endure.

It was horrible but so bad its fascinating. I actually do recommend watching it. Get some alcohol though. The one redeeming quality of the movie is Jennifer Lopez shows off her body a lot. There's one scene where she's doing yoga in a skimpy outfit for no reason. Unfortunately the trade off is you have to listen to her and Ben Affleck argue about penises and lesbianism while you see it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Good idea GK86. Not sure what I'd want to recommend. There are so many good bad movies out there. I think a good one would be Peter Jackson's first movie Bad Taste. Its all around next level bonkers. (ie aliens rounding up humans to process and sell as snack food, a puke eating scene, a scene where a guy smashes his head on a rock and his brains keep falling out, a dude that drives a car with life sieze cut-outs of Sgt Peppers Beatles in it, etc)

You have been holding out on us, Maklershed.

The whole movie (part one can be found here) is available on Youtube. I'm watching it tomorrow, or Thursday.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Twilight. You've got to get to Part 2 with CGI baby face. It's startling.

I hate myself for watching it.

First off, nobody in this damn movie can act worth a lick. Seriously, how did these people land these roles?

Secondly, WTF at that CGI baby. That was creepy as hell. Nightmare fuel.

Thirdly, HDTGM crew were spot on about this movie.

I hate myself for watching it.

First off, nobody in this damn movie can act worth a lick. Seriously, how did these people land these roles?

Secondly, WTF at that CGI baby. That was creepy as hell. Nightmare fuel.

Thirdly, HDTGM crew were spot on about this movie.

I threw a pillow across the room after the twist.

The wife is working tomorrow night so I'll be cracking open some cold ones and watching Street Fighter.

Top Bottom