• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

Listening to the Drive Angry episode. I'm loling hard at the proposed Nic Cage movie ideas.

I like this Curtis Gwinn guy. He's one of their better guests. And holy shit at his bio on IMDB .. "Some odd but true points of note about Curtis - He's been: kidnapped, held at gunpoint, a homeless teen, a prep school kid, a casualty of Lyme disease, a bass player for several indie rock bands and an all around comedy writer/performer guy."

Starting All About Steve episode. I'm not even gonna bother watching this one. Seems way too terrible to have a slightly redeeming quality.

And in a similar vein I tried watching Spice World. Its just too bad. Can't do it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The beer didn't help. I can honestly say, this is the first movie ever, that I have watched, from beginning to end, and not be able to tell you what the plot is. Seriously, I don't know what the plot of this damn film was.

Not only that, but it looks like all of the girls had ideas for the film, and it made its way into the movie
like aliens, wtf lol

After watching this, I can safely say, I don't understand the (then) spice girl phenomenon.

I do think, however, that the movie does fall under the 'so bad, its good' camp. This is why this podcast was made for. Unrealistic situations, cheesy lines, and bad acting.

I can not wait to hear the episode on this.

The beer didn't help. I can honestly say, this is the first movie ever, that I have watched, from beginning to end, and not be able to tell you what the plot is. Seriously, I don't know what the plot of this damn film was.

Not only that, but it looks like all of the girls had ideas for the film, and it made its way into the movie
like aliens, wtf lol

After watching this, I can safely say, I don't understand the (then) spice girl phenomenon.

I do think, however, that the movie does fall under the 'so bad, its good' camp. This is why this podcast was made for. Unrealistic situations, cheesy lines, and bad acting.

I can not wait to hear the episode on this.

I tried watching it but couldn't do it. The first 10 minutes was the girls arguing amongst themselves and I had no idea what they were talking about. Might I point out they were in a bus but the inside of the bus was the size of a house .. and it looked like Pee Wee's Playhouse.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I tried watching it but couldn't do it. The first 10 minutes was the girls arguing amongst themselves and I had no idea what they were talking about. Might I point out they were in a bus but the inside of the bus was the size of a house .. and it looked like Pee Wee's Playhouse.

I had to go back, and rewind, thinking I missed the scene where they pulled up to their house lol.

I will see I did laugh at two scenes:

-when the dance teacher comes in, and
-when they try changing their personas.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Spice World episode was good. I remember the movie well, I just...yep, that's an insane movie.

I'm almost done with it, but I thought it was a decent episode. Was expecting more out of it, since the movie is beyond terrible.

Ya, I was expecting more too. I got the feeling that they all just hated it so much and wanted to be done with it.

I'm almost done with it, but I thought it was a decent episode. Was expecting more out of it, since the movie is beyond terrible.

I thought it was a good episode. My only complaint is that Rhetta was totally not into it and barely watched the movie .. which I definitely cant fault her for.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ya, I was expecting more too. I got the feeling that they all just hated it so much and wanted to be done with it.

I thought it was a good episode. My only complaint is that Rhetta was totally not into it and barely watched the movie .. which I definitely cant fault her for.

Yeah, they weren't up for it. Rhetta, I love her on Parks and Recs, but she was one of the worst guests so far. I know the movie was painful to watch, but don't agree to do the podcast if you have no interest in watching the film.

U7igwC6.jpg

Have any of you seen "Nothing but Trouble"? I started the episode but stopped because the movie sounds insane. I'm gonna try and find a copy this weekend.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Have any of you seen "Nothing but Trouble"? I started the episode but stopped because the movie sounds insane. I'm gonna try and find a copy this weekend.

Not yet. I did the same thing as you, stopped after hearing a bit. Amazon has it for $3 luckily.

All you never seen Nothing But Trouble? Its an American classic! Maybe its a 30+ thing? I know it was next level bonkers movie.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
All you never seen Nothing But Trouble? Its an American classic! Maybe its a 30+ thing? I know it was next level bonkers movie.

I might have caught a few scenes when I was younger, but I haven't seen it. I watched the trailer and it does look insane.

I rented Pluto Nash, should be a great one.

ToxicAdam

Nothing But Trouble is honestly one of the worst movies I have ever seen (in relation to the talent that is in the movie). A close second would be an even older movie called Heartbeeps (featuring Andy Kaufmann).

I'm not even sure if I would recommend watching it, because there are zero laughs and it's kind of sad to see all these talented people absolutely tanking.

Tom_Cody

Nothing But Trouble is honestly one of the worst movies I have ever seen (in relation to the talent that is in the movie). A close second would be an even older movie called Heartbeeps (featuring Andy Kaufmann).

I'm not even sure if I would recommend watching it, because there are zero laughs and it's kind of sad to see all these talented people absolutely tanking.
I grew up in the era of video rental stores and I had always wanted to see this. It's a shame it is so unwatchable. I had hoped it would at least be fun-bad and not painful-bad.

Oh well, I'm still planning to check it out before I listen to the episode. There are worse life decisions I could make.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior

I've seen Heartbeeps. I watched it specifically because I knew it was terrible. Also because it was referenced in The Simpsons. I enjoyed it. But then again I enjoy bad movies.

Aaron

I grew up in the era of video rental stores and I had always wanted to see this. It's a shame it is so unwatchable. I had hoped it would at least be fun-bad and not painful-bad.

Oh well, I'm still planning to check it out before I listen to the episode. There are worse life decisions I could make.
It is 'slow motion car crash' the film. I say watch it just because of how strange an unfunny it is. Have that experience.

Pluto Nash has the CGI of an 80's flick.

Pluto Nash and The Devil's Advocate are two that I wish I had seen the movies before listening to the episodes. They both sound crazy.

Oh and Paul Sheer explains during the Pluto Nash episode why the look of the movie is very 80s -->
It originally went into production in 1987!

Speed 2: Cruise Control is on HBO GO until 4/15 if anyone is interested.

I listened to this episode the other day. The fact that a lead character in a summer blockbuster type movie actively cultivates a relationship with a 15 year old is insane.

Gonna watch 88 Minutes now. Really I'm just doing this so I can hear the Pacino impressions later.

Ha what a great start - Pacino's girlfriend is completely naked brushing her teeth while stretching her leg to her ear.

This movie is apparently made by someone that doesn't know how criminal investigations/trials, cell phones, or young women work. Also interesting - I'm not sure Pacino knows how to act like a normal human being anymore.

I love how everyone in this world is incredibly wrapped up with Pacino's character. He's a criminal psychologist but you'd think he's the President of the United States or something.

Bobo Helen Hunt is really cute in this movie.

Apparently MSNBC in the 88 Minutes world is cool with Jon Forster, a convicted murderer in prison, having multiple long soliloquies about Jack Gramm being an asshole.

Wait .. this movie is from 2007? I just assumed it was from 2000 or so. Everyone is still using video tapes?

That was one terrible movie. And not good bad like Drive Angry. That was bad bad. Horrible bad.

Wow, the Spice World ep was phenomenal.

I only got through a half-hour of Spice World, for what it's worth. Fucking crazy movie.

I love how weirdly perceptive June is. She always picks up the most obscure details that everyone else misses.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Wow, the Spice World ep was phenomenal.

I only got through a half-hour of Spice World, for what it's worth. Fucking crazy movie.

I love how weirdly perceptive June is. She always picks up the most obscure details that everyone else misses.

The episode was really funny towards the end.

June's theory's are the best.

June's theories are almost always awesome(spaghetti hacking anyone?).

I thought Retta was pretty great.

I love how she was perplexed by the size of the bus' interior, and then was like, "Oh, now I get it! The inside is big because this is fucking stupid." (not a direct quotation)

The 88 Minutes movie and episode were both great.

And because of my love for Paul and Jason from this podcast I've started wtaching The League. I absolutely hate football and don't know anything about fantasy football so I was surprised to find I actually enjoy this show. Most of my laughs come from Nick Kroll (His Comedy Central show is hysterical btw). When does Jason show up? I'm a few episodes in and haven't seen him yet.

That was from Dredd, right?

Yup. I should rewatch that movie soon.

I have to clarify because Dredd was amazing. That was from Judge Dredd. Big difference! :b

Top Bottom