• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do I utterly destroy Final Fantasy Tactics' balance

shaowebb

Break the game you say?

8ho3EoA.gif

And yes, it involves ninjas.

Mike Tyson style rush in combination of punches & down in the first seconds of the round!

The fun thing about max Brave, Accumulate, Two Swords, and Martial Arts as a combo is that Martial Arts basically takes your base physical strength and uses it as the theoretical strength for your "weapon" (your fists), multiplied by your Brave as a ratio. Thus, Accumulate is far more useful if you've got Martial Arts; 97 Brave with (let's say) 15 strength means you've got a total power of 30, with two hits - this math isn't quite right, but bear with me - so that gives you a total power of 60 (sorta).

Every time you Accumulate, that means +1 strength, which with Martial Arts is actually sorta +2, and then with Two Swords is actually sorta +4 for every single Accumulate you do. And if you're doing this with Ramza and Scream, then you're also getting +1 speed out of the deal.

Also, Martial Arts' bonus to Monk action abilities gets more effective the higher your PA stat gets, so you also pretty much give Ramza the ability to full-heal himself and others with Chakra pretty quickly.

Even Accumulate and Martial Arts is pretty easy to pull off very, very early in Chapter 1; max Brave is something you should get on Ramza as soon as you possibly can (it's more of a Chapter 2 thing because you get Cheer, IIRC), and then just make a beeline for Two Swords. Ramza as a monk with Two Swords and Guts can basically cheese everything in the game immensely well while also healing himself incredibly effectively.

Wow, subscribed for a later read as I'm currently stuck at THIS ^^ exact point in my game.

Yep, everyone gets stuck there:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/faqs/3874
Search for "Wirgraff" (my attempt to romanize his name at the time). I wrote that FAQ seventeen years ago (!), please excuse the now-unrenderable Japanese and my by-then not too polished English.

It also describes another tactic that I think hasn't been mentioned yet here, and is particularly useful against him: Autopotion uses the smallest potion you have, meaning that if you sell all your potions, it will use hi-potions, and of you sell those, x-potions. :)

Beat Chapter 4:

My final party was:

Ramza (Ninja): 52
Balthier (Sky Pirate): 54
Knight with dual wield + teleport: 53
Summoners x 2 with Arithematick: Both 50

The battles leading up to Ultima were pretty easy. I dispatched Hashmal without taking any damage in fact. First form of Ultima was pretty easy as well. The second form wasn't that bad either. To be honest, Balthier was the MVP for the final battle. Due to barrage, he was doing like 400 damage per turn. Plus he had haste caste on him so he was taking turns right and left. I had to sacrifice both my Summoners, but they were pretty useless in the final battle anyway. In the end it was Ramza who brought down the final blow.

Pretty great ending. Sucks Orran died, especially so horrifically. As for Delita and Ovelia.. Well, I like Ovelia but I think she acted dumbly by trying to kill Delita. I'm pretty sure the scenes with Delita before the end were trying to suggest that, despite manipulating everyone around him, he was actually a good person. He was more than willing to spare the lives of people he knew to be good people, such as Orran, Cid and even his assistant. He is actually a pretty earnest dude and I'm pretty sure he actually did love Ovelia. But she had to act on her paranoia. If he had only not faked his assistant's death, then Ovelia wouldn't have acted so damn foolishly.

Top Bottom