• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Do You Feel About XBox 360 Live!

Dr_Cogent

Banned
araganekyassuru said:
not even 10% of the Xbox owners had Live

online isn't as big as most seem to think.. not for consoles anyway

Um, did you actually read my post? I wasn't talking about right now. I was talking about the future. I believe online MP will be huge in the next 10 years.

Professor K

m0dus jr
araganekyassuru said:
I think everyone's been to the cinema at one point :p

my HD 650's > any surround sound

We get it. PCs rule, consoles suck.

We all get it.

Why do PC gamers get so defensive when it comes to consoles. Oh, and every 360 owner has Live in some capacity. Do your homework.

Dr_Cogent said:
I believe online MP will be huge in the next 10 years.

it is huge right now, just not for consoles.. yet(?)

Professor K said:
We get it. PCs rule, consoles suck.

We all get it.

what does that have to do with my headphones, that I use when playing consoles games, being better than any surround system I've heard?

oh and PC > consoles when it comes to online

Dr_Cogent

Banned
araganekyassuru said:
it is huge right now, just not for consoles.. yet(?)

I disagree. It's not huge right now. PC gaming pales in comparison to console gaming as far as sales and number of people playing.

Prine

Banned
One of the greatest things to happen to gaming.

A standard which all console online will be judged by. The itegration of XBL into every level of Xbox360 is also a brilliant touch.

MS raised the bar with XBL 360

Dr_Cogent said:
I disagree. It's not huge right now. PC gaming pales in comparison to console gaming as far as sales and number of people playing.

just WoW alone have more people playing online than all the consoles have combined

Dr_Cogent

Banned
araganekyassuru said:
just WoW alone have more people playing online than all the consoles have combined

That's not the point. The point is, there are more console gamers period than PC gamers. Once online MP for consoles hits critical mass, PC online gaming will pale in comparison.

demi

araganekyassuru said:

Yeah dude, I enjoy playing WoW over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Good thing there's so many people playing, WoW will never get tiring.

demi said:
Yeah dude, I enjoy playing WoW over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Good thing there's so many people playing, WoW will never get tiring.

WoW last longer than most games, I'm only lev 30 and it gets more and more fun for every hour I play it

all the people I know that plays it have been playing it since the korean beta

Dr_Cogent said:
That's not the point. The point is, there are more console gamers period than PC gamers. Once online MP for consoles hits critical mass, PC online gaming will pale in comparison.

IMO the only thing PC online gaming has going for it, is that its free. And you cannot say that about WOW.

Live on 360 has eclipsed it for my gaming needs.

I'll still play WOW when the expansion hits though.

demi

araganekyassuru said:
WoW last longer than most games, I'm only lev 30 and it gets more and more fun for every hour I play it

all the people I know that plays it have been playing it since the korean beta

That's great and all, but what I was trying to say is that I fucking hate MMOs.

Why would I want to bother playing something I hate? Oh right, because it's uh, better, apparently.

demi said:
That's great and all, but what I was trying to say is that I fucking hate MMOs.

Why would I want to bother playing something I hate? Oh right, because it's uh, better, apparently.

Plus it negates his first post in the thread.

araganekyassuru said:
I don't get the Live hype.. why pay for something your PC has been able to do for over 10 years?

WOW costs the $$

demidrool0po.jpg

OK this has to go or its adblock time. :D

TigerKnee

Best thing since sliced bread.

Can't wait for SF2T on Live Arcade. I may have to get a divorce and quit work.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
MAN THIS 360 IS SO COOL DEMI

Thanks to MAF's thread I have like 50 people ahead of me in Geometry Wars. I was content with Wario64 since he's a robot and doesn't count but now I feel like less of a man.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
TekunoRobby said:

Thanks to MAF's thread I have like 50 people ahead of me in Geometry Wars. I was content with Wario64 since he's a robot and doesn't count but now I feel like less of a man.

What's Wario's HS?

Brandon F said:
I also sometimes turn on the system without the intention of playing anything other than checking my friends' list and letting you tards dictate what I spend the next hour or two playing.

As do I find myself checking my 'Friends List' here at wrok to see what my pals are up to. It's freaky when you at home in the middle of the day and friends calls you on the phone from work and asks, "So I see your replaying the warehouse level in Condemned, still looking for all those metals pieces huh?". And the competition it creates due to leaderboards and acheivments is crazy. The reason I'm playing Geometry Wars is because I see friends of mine with insane scores. And I think if HE can do it, I know I can.

God, I think I'll have to be committed when Street Fighter 2:Hyper Edition is released on XBLA. That could be the start of something huge for the service. <Apharmd Battler desperately tries to maintian his composure>

demi

TekunoRobby said:

You never were a man.

Uncle Demi had to step up and hang you out to dry.

Apharmd Battler said:
And the competition it creates due to leaderboards and acheivments is crazy. The reason I'm playing Geometry Wars is because I see friends of mine with insane scores. And I think if HE can do it, I know I can.
Really. My wife is totally addicted to Hexic, and when she sees someone of my friends has beaten her record, she plays all day long until she gets higher.

araganekyassuru said:
you've been able to play WoW for free on PC for over 10 years? :eek:)

No that's why it negates your post. You brought up free play, then you bring up WOW to show that PC gaming has more players.

phail.

SonnyBoy

I enjoy XBL and I feel that its definately an upgrade from the first iteration. Im not too high on the achievement points simply because I no longer have the time to squeeze every single point out of a game nor do I have the patience. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
I'm not really a fan of achievements in terms of points because I think the whole "gamescore!!!" is lame. But I do think achievements are cool because they let my spy on people and see how far they are in their games. It's neat being able to look at someone's list and see they're at level 6 in Condemned or have just beaten X boss in X game.

Leaderboards and online rankings for all single player stuff in like every game is completely awesome just because it makes it feel more like a community. Downloadable things are great as well.

Basically without Live, I wouldn't be playing my X360 like...ever. But with Live, I log on once every day or two and play a little here and there.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Microsoft set the groundwork for developers to make some really innovative stuff for Live and online gaming. imo, we're going to see some really great stuff that takes gaming to the next level. Live will get video chat (could be killer app if done right), texas hold-em, growing arcade library with old and new games, and more trailers and music downloads. I think Microsoft will eventually move into offering full movie downloads, hi-def music downloads, tv shows, internet calling w/ video, iptv DVR, and game downloads imo. I also think they'll eventually release different versions their own "xpod" with music , video, and even a gaming version.

Nintendo and Sony will follow suit and mimic alot of XBL features while bringing their own spin on things. Online play will be included in the vast majority of games and Nintendo will have the added bonus of offering their exclusive old-school Nintendo titles and making MMO games out of pokemon and mario. Sony has their huge entertainment division and the PSP to make some nice connectivity options (dvr, multimedia hub, PSP tv, etc.). Time is going to be an even harder commodity to come by in this coming generation.

krypt0nian said:
No that's why it negates your post. You brought up free play, then you bring up WOW to show that PC gaming has more players.

phail.

huh?

I'm not hyped about Live because PC's been doing it for over 10 years and for free

WoW has nothing to do with that

demi

Dr_Cogent said:
Sweet! I got TekunoRobby beat at least. I'm somewhere in the 400,000 area.

LOL

That was actually my number when I played it on his X360 (give or take a few hundred thousand), his is much lower.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
araganekyassuru said:
huh?

I'm not hyped about Live because PC's been doing it for over 10 years and for free

:lol

Oh, another one of these people. Continue on with your delusions - I am not going to bother trying to educate you. Your kind is usually hopeless.

TekunoRobby said:
SO HELP ME GOD
I don't really play this game. :(

:lol That's fine man. No biggie.

araganekyassuru said:
huh?

WoW has nothing to do with that

araganekyassuru said:

You need to fight it out with yourself then. :lol :lol :lol

araganekyassuru said:
again, how does me not being hyped about Live got anything to do with WoW having more players than all the consoles online combined?

You argue that PC gaming is better because its free, then you offer a pay to play game as your example of a larger audience.

You are a walking contradiction.

demi

krypt0nian said:
You argue that PC gaming is better because its free, then you offer a pay to play game as your example of a larger audience.

Better bring out the crayons for this one.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
araganekyassuru next time use Counter Strike: Source as an example of a larger PC audience that doesn't have to pay a dime to play online.

demi said:
Better bring out the crayons for this one.

I didn't think he was so slow. Next time we go to charades.

TekunoRobby said:
araganekyassuru next time use Counter Strike: Source as an example of a larger PC audience that doesn't have to pay a dime to play online.

See? Uncle Robby will set you straight, sweetie. :D

demi

TekunoRobby said:

Better yet, how about picking a game that doesn't suck.

Like Battlefield 2.

Oh wait, thanks to the power of choice, I can soon play that on X360 as well along with allllll my other wonderous titles.

demi said:
Better yet, how about picking a game that doesn't suck.

Like Battlefield 2.

Oh wait, thanks to the power of choice, I can soon play that on X360 as well along with allllll my other wonderous titles.

But don't listen to Uncle demi cause he does the "bad touch" more often than not.

Dave Long

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
Nevermind hyp and Jesiatha destroy his score.

hypoetical (hyp): 3,991,775
Jesiatha (Jesiatha): 2,537,165
WarioSixFour (Waio64): 1,321,335

And the top Geomety Wars player at the moment is....

Code Kata: 12,857,075

I'm right below Wario with 1.2 million. Add Dave Long if you want another million to shoot for. Drinky's got it now because I finally got online to accept his invite last night.

ALSO! And this is very important, if you get in the new Live Messenger Beta, you will see that Xbox Live friends list is now integrated into the new version of Microsoft's instant messaging software. It's very awesome to be able to see who's playing what while scanning the forum and then hop over there to the TV to kick some tail.

krypt0nian said:

nowhere did I say PC online gaming is better because it's free, that's not why it's better..

what I said was that I don't get the Live hype when you've been able to do whatever Live does on PC, for over 10 years and for free

a large audience paying money to play a game that is totally new and unique (even tho that wasn't my point to begin with..) got nothing to do with it

Top Bottom