• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Do You Feel About XBox 360 Live!

demi

araganekyassuru said:
we have a winner!

TekunoRobby said:
Microsoft doesn't exactly offer anything new when you analyze the service's functions on an individual basis but the way that they've managed to integrate it all together in a seamless and headache free interface and make it work across the entire platform for every single game released for it is what makes it so special.

demi said:
I think it's more of the fact that Live is all in one sexy simple little bundle, whereas PC makes you traverse the scary corridors of the internet to achieve the same goal...

I MADE MY POST BEFORE HIS EDIT

FUCK YOU ROBBY

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
araganekyassuru said:
we have a winner!
Oh ok misquoting is commies.

Here's the real thing:
"Microsoft doesn't exactly offer anything new when you analyze the service's functions on an individual basis but the way that they've managed to integrate it all together in a seamless and headache free interface and make it work across the entire platform for every single game released for it is what makes it so special."

demi said:
I MADE MY POST BEFORE HIS EDIT

FUCK YOU ROBBY
HAHAHAH YOU CAN'T PROVE IT

Professor K

m0dus jr
araganekyassuru said:
we have a winner!

So what is your point? XBL "sucks", because you feel it doesn't offer anything new and you'd wish the idiot console gamers would stop praising it because it makes you feel all funny inside?

Live is great. It sounds even better now with the introduction of demo downloads, XBLA etc

... but those fucking assholes have made it hard to cancel a subscription. Mine is up on Feb 3rd (today), my Xbox is broken and I can't afford a 360 just yet (I have other things to sort out that are much more important)

I emailed them twice about it, once over a month ago, and once this month to make sure I got it cancelled in time. Only one of those times I got an automated email back saying they were busy with 360 support and to try phoning. The helpline is absolute bollocks too. I got this email this week and realised I'd be safe whether they get it sorted or not. I used a credit card due to expire. Unwittingly good move!

xbl.PNG

Dr_Cogent said:
#2 cannot be done. It's impossible. It would require a unified system shared by all PC games. Nice lie.

you can tell person A that person B is a asshole for whatever reason, then person A tells person C and so on untill person B is more or less an outcast of any game he plays

Dr_Cogent

Banned
PC space = disparate

Xbox Live = All integrated

PC Space != Xbox Live

You lose.

araganekyassuru said:
you can tell person A that person B is a asshole for whatever reason, then person A tells person C and so on untill person B is more or less an outcast of any game he plays

So word of mouth compares to a unified system that everyone can see immediately upon query?

Again, you lose.

araganekyassuru said:

OK are you that stupid for real real or for play play?

demi

TekunoRobby said:
HEY LETS PLAY PERFECT DARK ZERO CO-OP AND WHINE ABOUT HOW XBOX LIVE DOES NOTHING NEW

GOSH, WHERE WOULD YOU AND I BE WITHOUT THIS GLORIOUS UNIFIED SERVICE TO ALLOW US TO ACHIEVE SUCH WONDEROUS THINGS?

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Borys said:
Live is something I'd love to be incororated in Vista.

They (MS) did an awesome job with it.

Even Borys isn't going to argue the point, and he's one of our biggest PC advocates here.

Dr_Cogent said:
So word of mouth compares to a unified system that everyone can see immediately upon query?

it's even better

person B can be banned from servers in loads and loads of games on the PC (cheating included)

person B, not matter how big of an asshole he is, can't be banned from Live servers (cheating excluded)

TekunoRobby said:
HEY LETS PLAY PERFECT DARK ZERO CO-OP AND WHINE ABOUT HOW XBOX LIVE DOES NOTHING NEW

you'll do that while I play co-op in WoW

araganekyassuru said:
it's even better

person B can be banned from servers in loads and loads of games on the PC (cheating included)

person B, not matter how big of an asshole he is, can't be banned from Live servers (cheating excluded)

Again you are wrong. You can be banned for behavior on LIVE.

bear1.gif

Dr_Cogent

Banned
araganekyassuru said:
it's even better

:lol

Once again, you lose. Reputation in Xbox Live will prevent you from getting hooked up with said person because of their bad reputation to begin with. No special actions need to take place at all.

And if MS gets enough complaints, they can ban you from Live altogether.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
araganekyassuru said:

Speaking of assholes, this reminds me of how people often talk about the bad community on Live, but you continually meet people like this on PC games and GAF. I think they're both helping LIVE by keeping the assholes contained in other endeavors.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
araganekyassuru said:
not on demand

Your argument is so completely flawed it's not even funny.

Your argument relies on the reliability of communication between gamers. Communication between people is unreliable from the get go.

Keep trying.

Musashi Wins! said:
Speaking of assholes, this reminds me of how people often talk about the bad community on Live, but you continually meet people like this on PC games and GAF. I think they're both helping LIVE by keeping the assholes contained in other endeavors.

sorry but not even the worst of CS servers can be compared to a random game of Halo 2 when it comes ot assholes etc

Dr_Cogent said:
Your argument is so completely flawed it's not even funny.

Your argument relies on the reliability of communication between gamers. Communication between people is unreliable from the get go.

Keep trying.

get to know more reliable people then

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! arent there strictly PC gaming forums??? how many times must you be owned in one thread before you leave. just call it a day go eat some breakfast and sleep it off

Dr_Cogent

Banned
araganekyassuru said:
sorry but not even the worst of CS servers can be compared to a random game of Halo 2 when it comes ot assholes etc

get to know more reliable people then

:lol

You can't be for real. You truly are a wooden boy.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I can't believe there's no way for me to transfer my saves to my profile that I have linked with Live. I have to start all my games over again. That or pay 40 friggin bucks for a memory card.

Those greedy bastards.

truffleshuffle83 said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! arent there strictly PC gaming forums??? how many times must you be owned in one thread before you leave. just call it a day go eat some breakfast and sleep it off

there are but since I play consoles as well I'll be here also

I don't consider myself owned, just because you do

Live won't be better than PC online, imo, no matter how much I sleep

araganekyassuru said:
there are but since I play consoles as well I'll be here also

I don't consider myself owned, just because you do

Since everyone reading this thinks you're functionally retarded, its all dandy what you think.

SonnyBoy

I was never a PC gamer. I just got around to playing HL2, DOOM3 and BF2. I mention that because Im surely no expert on what options you have in PC gaming but I feel that Live is a lot easier for me to navigate quickly. I have one built in friends list with Live thats up regardless of the game.

The ability to avoid certain players made this new iteration of Live worth it for me. This could have been the ONLY addition and I would have been satisfied. I definately got turned off to playing online with the original Xbox. The moment a moron thinks you're black online its a never ending tirade of racial slurs. Now that I can rate these morons and avoid them makes the experience 10x better.

demi

araganekyassuru said:
nice, calling me retarded just because I stand by my opinion on online gaming

I've been called retarded for much worse. You're just getting a slap on the hand.

araganekyassuru said:
nice, calling me retarded just because I stand by my opinion on online gaming

I also called you "fucked in the head" and I stick by that as well. You post like a joke character, but claim to be real.

Rarely does GAF agree on anything, but your ever-changing reality shifting arguements make it easy.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
araganekyassuru said:

Just keep ignoring all of the advantages of the unified aspects and other features that simply don't exist in the PC gaming space and keep telling yourself that.

truffleshuffle83 said:
so are you gonna leave or what????

the forum? nope

this thread? sure, no point in arguing when none of us will change our mind

Dr_Cogent said:
Just keep ignoring all of the advantages of the unified aspects and other features that simply don't exist in the PC gaming space and keep telling yourself that.

I'm not ignoring anything, just that I don't get the hype

if you think Live is better, good for you

but I don't

done

SonnyBoy

I'd definately have to agree that Lives structure is better than in PC gaming. I dont think its Live thats the problem but infact the users. Its simplicity welcomes in the young and retarded. PC gaming IMO as a whole attracts a much more mature audience. If we could somehow banish anyone under 15 years or so (give or take) Live would be a paradise.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
krypt0nian said:
So you're a liar on top of it too? Perfect.

He can't hear you

event_149138.jpeg

SonnyBoy said:
I'd definately have to agree that Lives structure is better than in PC gaming. I dont think its Live thats the problem but infact the users. Its simplicity welcomes in the young and retarded. PC gaming IMO as a whole attracts a much more mature audience. If we could somehow banish anyone under 15 years or so (give or take) Live would be a paradise.

Don't kid yourself. The PC gaming space has just as many dickheads as Live does. Thankfully with the new Live, there is a reputation and these problems should fix themselves through due time on Live - which won't happen in the PC space, but hey - PC online is better when you close your eyes and ears to the world!

Ok, I'm late to this thread, but I play a lot of PC games online, have done so for years, and I've been playing on Live almost since day 1. There is no comparison between the two. PC games lack a unified interface, vary greatly in quality, and have just as many idiots in them as Live does. However, you usually don't have to listen to them as not that many games have voice, or not as many PC gamers have a Mic, or both.

On the other hand, Live is seamless, works great, had voice for everything, and does a great job of match making. I haven't used the new Live yet, still looking for a 360, but from everything I've heard, it's a nice leap forward. Friends lists make life much easier, voice chat is great when you're playing with people you like, and live awareness, game invites, challenges, etc. are just awesome. The unified Live interface in all games is awesome, and you have to be blind to not see how much better of a system it is than the wide-open, anything goes of PC gaming.

Zaphod

araganekyassuru said:
I don't get the Live hype.. why pay for something your PC has been able to do for over 10 years?

sure, might be good for people living 500000000 miles from their friends and that has to play the newest Halo or whatever but other than that, meh..

I know this thread is about dead, but it's funny. You answer your own question in your first statement. Xbox live gave console gamers an integrated online environment for multiplayer gaming, which had not been done before on a large scale in the US. Hence the hype. Question answered. Complaints about $50 a year seem a bit silly from a PC gamer.

Top Bottom