• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How does Fallout 4 compare to 3 and new Vegas? Spoilers allowed

The Victorian

Neo Member
For those who say that "b...b....but Obsidian's games are just as buggy as Bethesda's!"

Obsidian's games (and those of many other developers) are often buggy or incomplete because they were rushed to market by publishers.

Bethesda, on the other hand, gets years upon years to develop their games (five years for Skyrim, four years for Fallout 4). They make the same game, over and over, each one more "streamlined" than the one before, using the same engine, and with largely the same group of employees. They have no bloody excuse for releasing such bug-ridden games at this point.

Fallout 4 ain't their first rodeo, is what I'm saying.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I like FPS, never played minecraft.

Start with New Vegas and then try Fallout 4.

For those who say that "b...b....but Obsidian's games are just as buggy as Bethesda's!"

Obsidian's games (and those of many other developers) are often buggy or incomplete because they were rushed to market by publishers.

Bethesda, on the other hand, gets years upon years to develop their games (five years for Skyrim, four years for Fallout 4). They make the same game, over and over, each one more "streamlined" than the one before, using the same engine, and with largely the same group of employees. They have no bloody excuse for releasing such bug-ridden games at this point.

Fallout 4 ain't their first rodeo, is what I'm saying.

Eh, in the case of KOTOR II and FO:NV that is likely the case but ever developer has to deal with publisher timelines and while I LOVVVVVEEEE Alpha Protocol their is no denying the game suffers from heavy jank. Bethesda is not immune from "publisher" deadlines, they may be independent but they are still beholden to shareholders and corporate managers.

shoreu

I will explain my distaste for fallout 4 with a spoiler.

Later in the game it is revealed that danse is a synthetic and the brotherhood orders you to kill him. I had thought of myself as a man who hated the institute and believed in the brotherhood to that degree but believed synths should be free. I believed that my character would have fought hard against the command but instead the game only allowed me to show slight disdain for the task. Not only that but later the game basically forces you to act in support of or at least scared to cross the brotherhood while someone begs you not to kill danse. Dammit fallout 4 why can't you just let me be the mouthy soldier who disobeys a superior to their face.

bunker hill spoiler, and also Maxon is a bitch

The bunker hill quest pissed me off really bad. I let the brotherhood and the railroad know thinking i could get them to possibly work together or at least give orders to my own soldiers what to do instead i got a blood bath on all 3 sides. Maxon is a child and Lyons should have never let the child become an elder.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
bunker hill spoiler, and also Maxon is a bitch

The bunker hill quest pissed me off really bad. I let the brotherhood and the railroad know thinking i could get them to possibly work together or at least give orders to my own soldiers what to do instead i got a blood bath on all 3 sides. Maxon is a child and Lyons should have never let the child become an elder.

That quest surprised me. It was surprising that you didn't end up with some factions against you.

Top Bottom