• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is the PC version of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance?

Well I just sliced a fucking grenade out of the air.
I have never done that before. Must be that 60 FPS and higher res making me more aware.
It's been too long. This game is great.

Ludens

Banned
I think it is free now, but it wasn't initially. I definitely paid for it (though I don't regret it at all).

There's some weird situation with the VR Mission DLC, too. It was free on PS3 but paid on 360, or something? Free in one region but not another? I can't remember any more :p

US dudes got it for free on PSN, while we EU dudes needed to spend real money to get it (like 5€ if I remember correctly).

KSai

It sounds like your hard drive might be failing with all the loading problems.

When my hard drive was failing, Dead Rising 3 stopped loading up a bunch of things in-game.

Uraizen

Banned
Well I already ran into 3 issues at the beginning of the game.

-The part where you are chasing Sundowner, I managed to slip past him and he somehow got stuck behind me and was running in place with half of his body in the ground texture.

-During the 2nd part of the Ray fight (on the rooftop), after jumping from missile to missile and then chopping off it's arm, it grabs Raiden with it's mouth and throws him into a clock tower. Well that clock tower didn't appear and Raiden was stuck in the pose at the moment he hits the wall (which was invisible). This caused a soft lock. The next scripted sequence didn't continue, but the music did, and I was able to access the start menu.

-Upon restarting the game, it got stuck in a infinite load screen...

Not feeling too great about this so far. Only 10 minutes in and I already came across 3 really annoying issues.

Oof, never ran into any issues in my 80 hours with the game on PC. That's just bad luck, sorry to hear you're having a shitty experience.

jett

D-Member
I had the HDMI issue, which sometimes appears and sometimes doesn't. Other than that I had no issues. Sucks that you ran into some weird bugs already.

Soodanim

I have strange performance issues, on a i5-4690k and GTX 970 I'm almost always at ~45fps, even when staring at a blank wall. Never seen anyone else comment about such issues so I assume it's a problem unique to me.
I did soldier through it to beat the game once but barely touched it since because of that.

Same specs. I just loaded the game up to test at a mid-point in Mission 2 (underground) I got solid 60, so yeah it's something about your setup.

brau

I already played it on PS3 but It's currently for sale on Steam for $7.49. Tempted to bite at that price.
How is this version of the game? Any locked 30 FPS nonsense I need to worry about?
Any bad issues in general?

EDIT:

lol... i got those exact same bugs just the other day. The very same ones in that same order.

Bio-Frost

GTX 760
Core i7 2600k
16GB RAM

I put close to 50 hours in the PC version and never had any of the issues you had here. Hope you can get them fixed OP.

Top Bottom