• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many OLED owners do we have here?

What OLED TV do you Have.

• Lg C6

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Lg C7

Votes: 38 9.7%
  • Lg C8

Votes: 32 8.2%
  • Lg C9

Votes: 117 29.8%
  • Lg CX

Votes: 119 30.4%
  • Panasonic oled

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • Sony oled

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • Lg B series

Votes: 50 12.8%

• Total voters

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
To be honest i poured over countless settings for the CX, from Rtings and my man Vincent before i got mine, heard all sorts of shit about not bright enough compared to the QLEDs, motion judder etc etc.. got 'er all set up and was instantly blown away by the out of the box picture, for movies i have it on Cinema and the blacks are fucking inky, the HDR highlights are incredible and motion perfect and i've felt absolutely no need to go in an tinker with it tbh

I bought an LG CX about 2 weeks ago and am not all that impressed with how my Xbox one X looks when it’s hooked up to it. I’ve been fiddling with the settings and games look fine but any media (either streaming of playing a 4K blu ray) looks like the total crap on my Xbox.

Still trying to figure out how to configure it better... would love to hear what other Xbox one x owners have used for their settings.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I bought an LG CX about 2 weeks ago and am not all that impressed with how my Xbox one X looks when it’s hooked up to it. I’ve been fiddling with the settings and games look fine but any media (either streaming of playing a 4K blu ray) looks like the total crap on my Xbox.

Still trying to figure out how to configure it better... would love to hear what other Xbox one x owners have used for their settings.

must be a setting somewhere chap, everyhing i run through it looks incredible, PS4 PRo, Firestick/Kodi, streaming high bitrate 4K movies from my server, heck even BBC fucking 1 looks glorious and i twiddled with fuck all

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Got a LG 65 CX and it's amazing. I had an old TV for a really long time, so I was due for an upgrade. I wanted to be next gen ready and given that it was my first foray into 4K, I wanted to try for the best. It was worth it, I tell you what.

I’ve had my B6 for years now with no issues and I’ve loved it. Unfortunately sometime in the last few weeks it burned in, and now there is a news bar at the bottom of the screen. I’m devastated... No idea why it happened just recently with no issues for years.

Anything I can do about it?

Last edited:

Invalid GR

Since oled TVs are getting more popular manufacturers should consider having also smaller products available. I've been using a Samsung 4K 40" TV as a PC/PS4 monitor and it's great. I would make the jump to oled in a heartbeat but cannot consider going an inch above 40 for using it as PC monitor.

Vesper73

New CX owner (also first OLED). I am in love with this screen (perfect blacks, G-sync, low latency). I really wish I could convey what Cyberpunk 2077 looks like with a well calibrated screen, HDR, and Psycho Ray Tracing. I'm in shock! Can't believe it is possible to have image quality like that. I'm converted.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I don't have an OLED TV myself, but I'm curious as to why you all seem to have LG OLEDs and none of you seem to have Sony OLEDs. I hear that Sony's aren't as bright in regard to general-scene brightness but have better colors and highlights.

Ma-Yuan

I don't have an OLED TV myself, but I'm curious as to why you all seem to have LG OLEDs and none of you seem to have Sony OLEDs. I hear that Sony's aren't as bright in regard to general-scene brightness but have better colors and highlights.

LG offers better gaming experience and is currently future proof that should. Be the reason. Sony has no hdmi 2.1 oled yet to my knowledge.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
LG offers better gaming experience and is currently future proof that should. Be the reason. Sony has no hdmi 2.1 oled yet to my knowledge.

Good point; I didn't consider HDMI 2.1. I wonder whether or not Sony will release an OLED with HDMI 2.1 next year.

Self

I’ve had my B6 for years now with no issues and I’ve loved it. Unfortunately sometime in the last few weeks it burned in, and now there is a news bar at the bottom of the screen. I’m devastated... No idea why it happened just recently with no issues for years.

You can try to use the manual panel refresh function, but mostly it doesn't help with burn in.

Some people also forget that OLEDs shouldn't be turned of completely, because they do automatic refresh cycles in standby mode.

Last edited:
You can try to use the manual panel refresh function, but mostly it doesn't help with burn in.

Some people also forget that OLEDs shouldn't be turned of completely, because they do automatic refresh cycles in standby mode.
I’ve always put mine into standby. It’s probably because I had the OLED Light option set to 100, I remember reading somewhere that that can be the cause sometimes. Should have kept it at like 80, but the display looked just so good at its brightest.

sublimit

Banned
Me when i browse this thread:
e6e84f598ec17dc102d93a31a88819a5.jpg

Thought I’d share an update with my burn in. A few weeks later and the TV seems to be healing itself. While I’d be surprised if it completely goes away, the burn in is vastly reduced. I’ve kept the content varied and lowered the OLED light to 80. Maybe in a few months it will be so light it will be unnoticeable.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I wanted to wait... and wait... then i wante dto get 48" lg but it's way too big. I would get it anyway but it's unabailable.
Now with the news of 42" lg, maybe it will happen soonish. Or I will get mini led monitor/tv if they offer 27-32". Will see
for now 27" 4k IPS. Fantastic monitor but sucks next to oled obviously.
SOON TM
puppet GIF

Last edited:

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Not once have I regretted my 65 inch LG CX.

Its just a shame when developers release games with broken HDR modes like Cyberpunk.

The recent fix for black levels on DV content is a testament to LG.

Last edited:
A bit of an update, a couple months my B9 was defected as my screen had a strange white striped lines from the bottom of the screen. So, I contacted LG, and sent a repair man to replace the screen, and now I fell in love with it all over again. Now can game over 120 Hz on my RTX 3080, Gsync works great and I couldn't be any happier

saintjules

I've heard of people contacting LG and getting a panel replacement even after their Warranty expired. It's worth a shot to ask.

Top Bottom