• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much credit card debt do you guys have right now?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
None. I do have debt for the house though; luckily with a low interest rate.

Fbh

Nothing.

I mean...like $60 from Netflix and some Facebook ads I was running but I wouldn't call it debt as much as "I have the money, but I just pay off the credit card at the end of the month

dwwy_ypxcaadktndxs0k.jpg

Zippo

jason10mm

Gold Member
About 15K because i used it to pre-order a bunch of PS5s but once I sell them.....I kid I kid :p

Was up north of 20k at one point, but these days I pay off the 4-5k balance every month just for the reward $$.

Car is like 0.8%, so I'm in little hurry to pay that off.

Wife on the other hand....she falls for those store cards with like 24% interest, sigh...

diffusionx

Gold Member
I have a four thousand or so ON my credit card but I plan to pay it off in the next 1-2 months, without accruing interest. Life events and all.

Took me a bit longer to get out from under this, but I finally am now, just in time for new console/GPU season.

But seriously, sometimes, I am glad I have CCs, and this was one of those times.

Woffls

just over £3k this month because i bought some hifi stuff but that will get paid off in full, same as any other month. Rewards and buyer protection are more than enough reason for me to use credit cards.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Ive only ever had a $500 limit on my CC and use it very rarely. I used to od it all the time for the reward points but I dont do it as much but part of me keeps saying to close the card and get a card with better rewards. Feels like I am leaving bonuses on the table.

poodaddy

Somewhere around 5 grand, but I'll have it down to 2 next month and then I'll pay it off come tax season. I spent quite a lot on university grade training equipment for my home gym, and of course I've got a 9 year old that I want to have a good Christmas. I've already spent over 500 on her Christmas, and I'm not done yet.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
dont have a credit card and don't want one.

whatever money is in my bank is what i have. i hate having to rely on other people for money even if it's from a bank. i don't like being in debt to people even for the slightiest thing.

diffusionx

Gold Member
0. Parents taught me how to manage money. Sometimes I'm too frugal for my own good. I wish schools taught more about financing, budgeting, etc, cause the kids these days are gonna be so fucked, living from paycheck to paycheck.
I took a class in 9th grade called consumer dollar that was literally that, no joke the most important class I’ve ever taken. We literally balanced finances from a fictional family and wrote checks and shit like that. I use those lessons every day.

this class should be taught to all high schoolers.

I took a class in 9th grade called consumer dollar that was literally that, no joke the most important class I’ve ever taken. We literally balanced finances from a fictional family and wrote checks and shit like that. I use those lessons every day.

this class should be taught to all high schoolers.
Amen to that! I think that's the biggest reason people can't manage money. They never had the foundation of money savings, and it doesn't help that we live in a society where you "need" to have the latest and greatest of everything. "You can just swipe your card here. Oh, you have no money in the bank? Well, here's a brand new car and house you can't even afford!" Wtf

dont have a credit card and don't want one.

whatever money is in my bank is what i have. i hate having to rely on other people for money even if it's from a bank. i don't like being in debt to people even for the slightiest thing.

that’s a bad attitude to have. You should open a credit card for the sole purpose of building a credit report. I don’t think you’ll be able to take out a mortgage to buy a home with zero credit history.

just open one and treat it as a debit card and pay it off after ever purchase.

I was charged interest once on my credit card that I forgot to pay in time. It was like $20 and I told myself never again.

i have three credit cards- my main one with Wells Fargo, an amazon prime one for the 5% off, and now Costco card that I just opened. I always pay them off fully every month. I don’t really care about reward points. I would rather put my money in the stock market which the snp has ever averaged like 12% every year over the last 10 years, and the nasdaq like 20%.

I hope to have a million in the market by the time I’m like 35.

then I can just live off the interest. 10% of a million is 100K in returns every year. More than enough to live off of

Top Bottom