• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Steve Jobs would have presented Wii U at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Victor

braveheart-william-wallace-tv-show.jpg

William Wallace: And if these are your gamers, why do they grumble?

reggie.jpg

Reggie: We didn't come here to release products for them!

Satoru-Iwata.jpg

Iwata: Home! The amelicans are too harrrd to puhrrease!

dde9eee0332f6783dcac8014fe1ec557.jpg

William Wallace: Misfits and outcasts! I am William Wallace!

image.php

Evilore: William Wallace is seven feet tall!

William-Wallace1.jpg

William Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Releases games by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd announce a new Zelda game for the Wii U, and promise the true successor to Mario Galaxy on released day.

[E3 crowd laughs]

William Wallace: I *am* William Wallace! And I see a whole army of my gamers, here in defiance of games that all look like Uncharted. You've come to E3 as gamers... and gamers you are. What will you do with that itch to play new games? Will you buy the Wii U?!

image.php

Evilore: Buy that? No! We will play Uncharted. And we will be content.

william-wallace.jpeg

William Wallace: Aye, buy the Wii U and you may be dissatisfied. Play those AAA-games and you may be content ... at least for a while. And fapping in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade – ALL the days, from this day to that – for one chance, JUST ONE CHANCE, to come back here, and tell Activision, that they might release endless supplies of CoD-games, but they will never offer, ASYMMETRICAL GAME PLAY! LEAVE LUCK TO HEAVEN!

yukw0nd27h.jpg

E3 CROWD: LEAVE LUCK TO HEAVEN!

herod

Jobs wouldn't be in the position to have to announce such a weak product. He would have killed it in R&D.

he's gone up on stage with plenty of crap products. Apple Hi-Fi, the Cube, the Mighty Mouse, the apple TV, Mobile Me.

Orca

I love how this thread has so many people calling the OP a Nintendo fanboy but not actually saying it for fear of mod bannings.

I wouldn't say a fanboy out and out since he also has some posts about other platforms, but he seems infatuated with the Wii U since E3 lol

First time seeing a press conference fanfic!

I would like to order a white house press release fanfic please! Please put some russians in there!

Shahed

What the?

This is awesome. This takes dedication as a fan to a whole new level. I can't even get my head around it

I commend you OP

Tobor

he's gone up on stage with plenty of crap products. Apple Hi-Fi, the Cube, the Mighty Mouse, the apple TV, Mobile Me.

Again, none of which were flagship products, all of which were at least good concepts.

The Wii U is Nintendo's iPhone. It's the future of the company.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
If (when) the Wii U fails... someone may want to keep an eye on marc^o^ to make sure he doesn't do anything crazy.
I survived the Dreamcast, don't worry for me. Posting positive things about Wii U is normal for a passionate Nintendo gamer. There are also negative threads on this board, and it forms a fair balance.

dc89

Hmm, I know Mr Jobs' conferences pretty well and the whole start is just a copy and paste of the iPhone reveal back in 2007.

Just swapped out a few words. Apple out - Nintendo in.

Shahed

I can't get my head around it either. However, I don't think we concur on what to take away from this exercise.

Hey I'm just appreciating the level of dedication. I wish I could be as dedicated as that in quite a few things. I'd be much better off.

The target of OP's hard work is a seperate issue altogether...

Kurdel

Banned
I survived the Dreamcast, don't worry for me. Posting positive things about Wii U is normal for a passionate Nintendo gamer. There are also negative threads on this board, and it forms a fair balance.

The real world doesn't work on Fox News logic.

If there is overwhelming criticism, it probably points to the reality that there are problems with the platform. If you see a need to participate in the positive position and spin pro bono for a corporation, I mean, wtf?

Again, none of which were flagship products, all of which were at least good concepts.

The Wii U is Nintendo's iPhone. It's the future of the company.

I get that their presentation skills are god awful, but what's so bad about the product that Jobs would have killed it before it ever saw daylight? How would he have designed the next gen console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom