• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How's that backlog?

BossLackey

Gold Member
By all accounts, this year has been fucking insane with amazing release after amazing release and it's still not even close to over.

I haven't had enough time to finish anything before the next haymaker comes. It's absurd, but what a good problem to have!

I always have a sizeable backlog, but this year has turned it into a parody of itself. How are we supposed to get through even half these games!?

Hell, despite loving Diablo 2 and 3 and buying the "here's my money" edition of D4, I haven't even touched Diablo 4 yet outside of the betas!

When will this madness end!? I gotta start thinking of quitting my job or something.

Beechos

The backlog is real still haven't beat hogwarts, ff16 along witb a bunch of other games still shrinkwrapped and starfield comes out next week. I'm surprised I did beat dead space and re4 remake though. Actually I did beat diablo 4 still playing it since the game never ends lol.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Infinite and beyond !

Cat Zoom In GIF by Paul Trillo

Stratostar

If I had physical copies of every title in my backlog it would amount to a small mountain. I work 6 days a week and complete roughly one game a month if I’m lucky.
In the past I’ve sworn to stop buying new games until I “catch up” to a degree on my existing collection, but I’ve given up on that tbh. I like buying games, I like supporting devs & the industry, and some deals are just way too good to pass up. Just last week I grabbed Death Stranding Director’s Cut PS5 brand new for $10 shipped.

violence

I'm trying to beat Horizon Forbidden West and Ratchet and Clank rift apart before my PS plus extra is up. My backlog is crazy though.

Last edited:

liquidzr0

Neo Member
Making progress but it just keeps growing. currently playing FF3, FF16, Hogwarts Legacy, and RE2 Remake. If Starfield has minimal bugs on launch, I'm going to add it into the mix. I'm waiting to play BG3 because of patches

I hear ya man, my backlog goes back to the NES era! I just started to tackle all the recommended games for the 2010s.

For the next few months I'm gonna (attempt to) play:

1. Castlevania Lords of Shadow
2. Vanquish
3. Limbo
4. Yakuza 3/4 Remastered
5. Red Dead Redemption 1 (switch emulation) if my pc can handle it LOL

I just (re-)bought my third Nintendo Switch. So my backlog has grown overnight. Kirby, Triangle Strategy, Luigis Mansion, Pokémon Platium, Arceus, Astral Chain… no to mention Japanese games such as Youkai Watch and Famicom Detective.

Last edited:

Corian33

It only gets bigger, but I do occasionally complete games.

I recently upgraded my PC so half my time has just been loading up games I already owned and being amazed at how smooth they are. And I’m only half way through my upgrade. Did everything but the GPU and I’m planning to up that in a month.

I’m trying to only buy games on sale, but even then there’s so much good stuff. Along with BG3 just sitting there with 100 hours of high quality game in single play through.

sachos

I got a PS5 2 months ago. First PS since PS2 so i've been mostly catching up on all the PS3/4 exclusives. Newest game beaten was GoWR that came with the console.
Here are the games i've beaten so far with my personal scores

Spider-Man Miles Morales8,5
Demon's Souls Remake9
Bloodborne (Sin DLC)9,75
God of War 20189
God of War Ragnarök9,25
The Last of Us Remastered8,5
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune6,75
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves7,75

Right now going through Killzone Shadowfall as a breather between UC2 and UC3. I'm about to finish it, so far it's been around a 6.5 (Pretty okay).

Last edited:
Well, I’ve neglected it for most of the year lol. Metroid Prime Remastered started it, then TOTK and FF16 hit. And I completely skipped RE4 Remake, Fire Emblem Engage, etc. Aside from a shorter game here and there it’s been all new stuff for me. So my backlog has only been growing.

Sea of Stars hits Tuesday and it will continue the trend. At this point there doesn’t seem to be a ton of new stuff to play around the holidays and that is good news for me - finally I should be able to catch up.

StereoVsn

I have no idea what backlog you are speaking of. I have an extensive library full of excellent catalog titles I can draw upon! 😂😂😉

But yeah, the year has been quite fruitful for pretty good games overall, somewhat marred by technical jankiness of the titles (anything EA, Hogwarts, etc).

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I pulled some games out of the shrinkwrap that I keep thinking I picked up a month back. Turns out it was over 8-months and they're dusty. Yet I'm replaying older games in between. I need a planner to get through this...

My so called back log are made of games that I took a flyer on when they go for huge discounts on Steam or given away for free on Epic or some such. Those game I might get to someday, or not.
I don't buy full or nearly full price unless I mean to play them right away. For example even Starfield, I'm going to hold off buying it right away and wait until I finish BG3.

As im a guy that stopped buying games day one while waiting for a sale, I got FF16, Diablo 4, GOW Ragnarok and others....then we got Starfield and Forza 8 for "free" and plus MK1 I cant miss that.

I have 3 4 hours to play everyday and my backlog has like 20 games now
I'm an idiot and bought ubisoft+ for 1 dollar because I wanted to play dawn of Ragnarok but I haven't tried it yet only 7 days left in my membership

Hydroxy

I manage my backlog a bit well. Whenever my backlog goes above 20 games I stop buying new games and play the ones I have. Once its back in single digits, i think of buying new games again. Also not being rich means i will never have too many games in my backlog at once. Also i only buy games on sale at 50% or more. I have no problem in waiting. So games like Hogwarts Legacy, Dead Space, Final Fantasy 16, etc can all wait.

mrmustard

Banned
Its massive. Can´t believe I put 100h into Horizon:FW last month. A game I (in the end) didn´t really liked, but had to complete it.
I know that feeling, had this with RDR2 and Days Gone. At one point you already invested so much time that you want to finish it and when it's done you say thank god it's over.

ShadowNate

Getting more pregnant by the day.

Which is kind of a good thing I guess? I can wait for the really expensive titles that I'm interested in playing (some day anyway, lol), for years even, until they go on a good sale or at least drop to a reasonable price.

I'd estimate my backlog is roughly 50+ games across PSN and Steam. Just thinking about Starfield, and the amount of hours that is going to take, makes me want to cry with various emotions, from joy to sadness. Cities Skyline 2 is right around the corner. Only played the intro of FF16. I haven't even finished the original God of War (2018), never mind Ragnarok.

It's come to the point where games I've had a mind to starting now have actual sequels released, such as MH: Iceborne, Breath of the Wild & Genshin Impact. I haven't even completed Dawnguard or Dragonborn and they've been out there for over a decade! This shit is RIDICULOUS. :messenger_persevering:

Last edited:
Top Bottom