• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Best Buy video game clearance (Early reports are a mixed bag)

NomarTyme

shidoshi said:
It really isn't cool, by the way, to just steal the list from CAG and post it here (or other places) - that's the entire reason why they make people sign up to view that forum. A lot of people on there put in a lot of hard work to find deals, and the idea of the CAG community is to help each other know about this stuff before the folks that just buy up every copy to resell or trade for credit find out and ruin it for the people who honestly want the games.
Doesn't matter any more Slickdeal and Fatwallet, pretty much destroy it.

Kusagari

Black_Ice said:
The clearence officially starts on Monday, sure, but if you can mangae to grab a couple of games tomorrow, (today for me) I'm thinking they'll ring up at listed price.

ALL things may not be cleared out yet, it's possible that stores are taking them off the shelves and waiting to put them back on the shelves on Monday.

Good luck hunting everyone. >_>

They won't ring up at the price on CAG but you can always pricematch them Monday. Far better than trusting an Oblivion Collectors Edition or something to be there Monday if you see one Sunday.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
And I can't wait to read some horror stories on Monday. People are so gonna get hurt this Monday. It'll make the PS3 launch look tame :lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
shidoshi said:
It really isn't cool, by the way, to just steal the list from CAG and post it here (or other places) - that's the entire reason why they make people sign up to view that forum. A lot of people on there put in a lot of hard work to find deals, and the idea of the CAG community is to help each other know about this stuff before the folks that just buy up every copy to resell or trade for credit find out and ruin it for the people who honestly want the games.

Well, techincally, I didn't post the list, and if you aren't registered to the forums you can't see what's in the first post right?

And well, places like Fatwallet and Slickdeals. . . they're what you worry about.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
if someone could check out UG&G for me, I'll give more for the trouble!

Muppet345

They haven't stocked most of these games in over six months, and I imagine the fatwallet leeches will be all over this. Don't go in expecting to find much. Still worth looking, of course. Monday morning.

Vard

Nice, but I always fail at the "too good to be too true" kinds of Best Buy deals. I'll probably try anyways.

mollipen

disappeared said:
Remind where any of what you just said is illegal. It's called business. Buying low and selling high. And once information is posted on the internet, it is no longer held captive - it is made public to anyone who clicks their mouse to the link.

Remind me where I said it was illegal, smart guy. Oh, I didn't. I said it wasn't cool, and it isn't. The point of CAG's deals forum being private, as I said, it to try to help make sure people can know about these deals and hopefully get games they really want before the scalpers find out and rape the entire stock. Obviously there's no way in hell that the best case scenario situation will always happen, but it is a small attempt to at least try. It's like if somebody here on GAF found out about a great game deal, and said "hey, want to let all of my fellow gaffers know about this, don't spread it around so that we have a better chance at actually getting games," and then somebody said "f**k you" and posted it everywhere just to look cool.

As for Black_Ice, I was referring to element's posting of the lists.

JCBossman

Banned
I haven't been in best buy for awhile, dont they sperate new release(as in special areas) away from the old stuff, some slick dude is gonna do an "Arm Sweep" and shovel the ENTIRE rack into his cart, free X360 at EB!

BTW, does anyone on the NET, "LEAK" EB/Gamestops PAYING list?

Firestorm

JCBossman said:
I haven't been in best buy for awhile, dont they sperate new release(as in special areas) away from the old stuff, some slick dude is gonna do an "Arm Sweep" and shovel the ENTIRE rack into his cart, free X360 at EB!

BTW, does anyone on the NET, "LEAK" EB/Gamestops PAYING list?

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Trade_in_values
If it's to trade in games you get from this sale, then you're a jackass.

You people that can't believe this are obviously rich and have never seen a game sale before. This has happened multiple times. Always in USA. I look on in envy every time =(

tak

shidoshi said:

speaking as a cheapass forum member I could not agree with this post more.That being said, most of these games have been gone from best buys for a long time.

Hero

For people who think it's somehow 'wrong' to 'steal' this info and post it here at GAF:

Cry some more. This is a video game forum, and I would estimate that 99.99% of anyone here who goes out and buy these games from the clearance sale are going to be for their personal use, and not just flipping them onto eBay or something which is what many people at SlickDeal or Fatwallet do. In fact, before CheapAssGamer.com existed many of the original clearance threads were posted HERE by forum members (I think Defensor was one IIRC).

Aeon712

Soon as I read this when I got to work I snatched Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, Popolo Crois and Astonishing Story for PSP and moved them to the back. Now I need a PSP:lol

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
jesus 2 dollars... thats a ****ing deal.

but, the chances of any of the games you want being in stock is next to nil.

Aeon712 said:
Soon as I read this when I got to work I snatched Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, Popolo Crois and Astonishing Story for PSP and moved them to the back. Now I need a PSP:lol

So it's confirmed then? This is definately going down?

(I'm assuming you work at BB?)

Aeon712

HAL_Laboratory said:
So it's confirmed then? This is definately going down?

(I'm assuming you work at BB?)
Yea the news was posted last night on the media retail insider. Games won't actually be marked down till Monday.

ronito

BobFromPikeCreek said:
I hate you lucky Americans SO MUCH right now.

SO MUCH.
Yeah, that'd be IF the best buys actually had a third of these games. These sales always come up I drive all the way out on the first day and am like "WTF?"

Aeon712 said:
Yea the news was posted last night on the media retail insider. Games won't actually be marked down till Monday.

SONOFABITCH monday?

Theres ZERO chance of me scoring ANY of this goodness tomarrow?

ARGH. Longest day of school monday.

ronito said:
Yeah, that'd be IF the best buys actually had a third of these games. These sales always come up I drive all the way out on the first day and am like "WTF?"

There are very few things on that list I wouldn't buy at their corresponding prices.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Looks like I'm stopping at BB on my lunch break monday, but I doubt there will be anything good left...

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Lavpa Jasai said:
SONOFABITCH monday?

Theres ZERO chance of me scoring ANY of this goodness tomarrow?

ARGH. Longest day of school monday.

Same question.

I have school on Monday.....and by the time I'm out, chances are everything's already gone...

Mashing

Damn, why couldn't that have done that today (today is my birthday. It would have been an awesome birthday present).

I have to work tomorrow [face_cry]!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Anybody know when Best Buy will be getting some ****ing Wii? This is pissing me the shit off. I have a gift card so I don't have a choice. Somebody please help!

Beezy

I'm ****ing screwed. I won't be able to get to Bestbuy until in the evening. I hate all you cheap mother****ers. :(

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Beezy said:
I'm ****ing screwed. I won't be able to get to Bestbuy until in the evening. I hate all you cheap mother****ers. :(

Hey me too. I have to be at work at 7:00 am. I won't even get CLOSE to a BB until 6pm.

JCBossman said:
I am calling BULLSHIT, 95% of those games would get a better price at EB, NFW, you could buy $100 worth of games and sell them to eb for $500, or get $1000 on Ebay
Vyse The Legend said:
Deals like these happen all the time. Just because you are out of the loop doesn't mean it's bullshit. This is 100% legit.

That said, the chances of finding anything on that list are slim to none, sadly. Don't get your hopes up.
angelfly said:
Reading further into the thread it seems stores are pulling all clearence games off the shelf until monday morning so I guess I won't be heading there when they open today.
I know that deals happen like this all the time, but I am thinking this is BS also. I was at Best Buy last night to get Marvel Alliance (price matching ftw!) and they had a ton of Oblivions on the shelf, around 15-20 copies. Some of you are saying they are pulling these games from the shelf, but I saw otherwise last night.

seat

If this deal is legit, I have the feeling my Best Buy is gun' have nuttin' by the time I get there tomorrow. I was hoping this deal would be kept a secret on CAG, but it appears to be all over the internet now. :(

shidoshi said:
Remind me where I said it was illegal, smart guy. Oh, I didn't. I said it wasn't cool, and it isn't. The point of CAG's deals forum being private, as I said, it to try to help make sure people can know about these deals and hopefully get games they really want before the scalpers find out and rape the entire stock. Obviously there's no way in hell that the best case scenario situation will always happen, but it is a small attempt to at least try. It's like if somebody here on GAF found out about a great game deal, and said "hey, want to let all of my fellow gaffers know about this, don't spread it around so that we have a better chance at actually getting games," and then somebody said "f**k you" and posted it everywhere just to look cool.

Hey, it's cool. There's a reason I went ahead and removed my post not thirty seconds after posting it. It's because I really don't have an opinion one way or the other as to the exclusivity of deal sites like CAG, etc. I said it's business (buying low and selling high) which really had nothing to do with taking a list from another website. There's really nothing I meant to argue about. Sorry.

Top Bottom