• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hulk Hogan vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock vs. John Cena

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mdpewgbZEw1rk5wnbo1_400.gif

X3lvD.gif

Big One

Banned
Austin will always be my favorite but honestly out of those four...I gotta give it to Cena, and I'm not even the biggest fan of Cena.

Dude has put in more work than almost any wrestler out there, and unlike some of those above guys is a genuinely good guy for the most part. He's also stuck around for the most part, unlike the other three. All the backstage dirt on Cena involves him having an ego, which the other three have in even larger quantities, lol. Most wrestlers in the business that have worked with Cena have said nothing but positive things about him.

Heroman

Banned
Austin will always be my favorite but honestly out of those four...I gotta give it to Cena, and I'm not even the biggest fan of Cena.

Dude has put in more work than almost any wrestler out there, and unlike some of those above guys is a genuinely good guy for the most part. He's also stuck around for the most part, unlike the other three.
Naw

PixlNinja

Banned
Rock may have pulled in far more money than the other 3, and Stone Cold did in fact have the biggest impact in the shortest time. However, nobody, NOBODY has come anywhere close to the heights that Hulkamania was at in the 80s.

SheHateMe

Is this a Fatal Four Way? And if so, who eats the pin?

As far as who would win, it's obviously Stone Cold. I think.

Listen, all jokes aside, I just know it WOULDN'T be Hogan winning it, unless he cheats and then gets blasted by the other three.

depends from what era the bookers decide it.

1980s bookers would have had Hogan pull off some bullshit to go over for the win.

Attitude Era would have had Stone Cold and the Rock battle in blood and sweat to the bitter end that could go either way.

PG era LOL, Cena haha

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If you're talking pure drawing power, Austin was great, but Hogan was a top draw for a decade. Injuries derailed Austin's chance at coming anywhere close to that.

Big One

Banned
I always wondered what direction WWE would have taken if Hogan never left in 1993 for WCW.
WWE was trying to phase out the old at the time so he probably would've put Mable or Diesel over or some other big guy, then go make some movies and come back.

Zetta

Have to give it to Stone Cold, had the best storyline and always brought out the laughs. Also the "relationship" with Vince was just the best.

Tall4Life

depends from what era the bookers decide it.

1980s bookers would have had Hogan pull off some bullshit to go over for the win.

Attitude Era would have had Stone Cold and the Rock battle in blood and sweat to the bitter end that could go either way.

PG era LOL, Cena haha
If it was the PG era, Cena would lose this match, but then in a rematch he would win, and then in the rubber match he would win again

Hex

Banned
Kane and Big Show come in and destroy everyone.
Then Roman Reigns comes in and leaves both laying in the ring while pointing to the GWFMania sign

Couldn't we say that the 80s had three, in Macho, Hogan, and Warrior?

Warrior technically didn't become the guy until the 90s, but you could replace him with Andre the Giant.

Also, Piper could have been a top babyface if they had ever let him, but they kept him as a heel most of the time.

The WWF was stacked in the 80s
because Vince raided all of the talent away from the territories

sephi22

Was Austin's in ring really that good? I thought his psychology was good but from what I remember from when I was 10/11 Austin seemed like a brawler/fighter and less of a wrassler. I could be remembering wrong, because I was just a kid who was a rock mark who worked himself into a shoot, brothers

Macho and Warrior were popular but I would never say they ran the company, Hogan was still the top of the top dawgs

Randy Savage was world champion for a year and did some of the best house show business in WWF history during that time.

Was Austin's in ring really that good? I thought his psychology was good but from what I remember from when I was 10/11 Austin seemed like a brawler/fighter and less of a wrassler. I could be remembering wrong, because I was just a kid who was a rock mark who worked himself into a shoot, brothers

He was great before he broke his neck. Then he had to change his style to become a brawler. Watch his Survivor Series match against Bret Hart.

Zimbardo

order of preference:

The Rock
Stone Cold
Hulk Hogan
John Cena

The Rock was the most electrifying superstar the WWF/E has ever seen. Seriously, he was the best on the mic, the most entertaining persona, and the in ring skills were decent.

HeatBoost

I like the Rock at his peak better than Stone Cold, but the Rock stuck along long after his peak was over, and I blame Roman Reigns on him partly, so Stone Cold

Say what you will about Stone Cold, and yeah maybe it's because he's too banged up to do keep doing matches, but the guy definitely left when it was time for him to go and has more or less stayed away

Cena... I can respect what he means to some people, especially little kids, but to me he is emblematic of how terrible wrestling has been, and continues to be. There have been modest gains, but just as many setbacks, and the product remains on the unwatchable side for me. And Cena is the icon of this era. He is not particularly untalented in the ring, or on the mic, but he's not good enough to return the vague disdain I have for everthing he stands for, either.

Hogan... now I'm not ageist, but I wouldn't want my daughter to be with any washed up over the hill opportunistic piece of shit beard-dying assholes

jstripes

Banned
For me it's a difficult call between Austin and The Rock. It almost feels like you can't have one without the other.

Wrestling was more popular at Austin's peak than Hogan's.

Ya, it just seems like WWF was bigger in the Hogan era because of all the dorky, larger than life '80s stuff that went along with it.

Paracelsus

Austin never jobbed
Cena jobbed but in a way that never put anybody over or if he did, it was a rubber match situation (so he would go over in the end)
Rock jobbed even when he was the #1 draw in the world
Hogan never jobbed save for that one time at WM18 against Rock

In such an egomaniacal match I would say Austin or Hogan would pin Rock. I can't see Cena falling to the leg drop or the stunner.

Austin never jobbed
Cena jobbed but in a way that never put anybody over or if he did, it was a rubber match situation (so he would go over in the end)
Rock jobbed even when he was the #1 draw in the world
Hogan never jobbed save for that one time at WM18 against Rock

In such an egomaniacal match I would say Austin or Hogan would pin Rock. I can't see Cena falling to the leg drop or the stunner.

The rock jobbed all the time when he was a mid card heel in 1998 but when he was the headliner he only lost due to outside interference .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom