• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Indie Bundle 6 - Torchlight, SPAZ, Rochard, Vessel, Shatter; BTA: DustForce

Etzer

Just bought the bundle. Dustforce looks great. I like that I can redeem the games on the Ubuntu Software Center.

cress2000

If you beat the average now, and they add games later, do you get those for beating the average at time of purchase or the average when the extra games get added?

I'm a student/unemployed right now, which is why I'm asking. I know the whole charity aspect which I hope to contribute to once I get a job again. Thanks!

You actually don't have the beat the average at all to get the extras that come later if you buy the bundle before the extras are added. At least that's been my experience.

Wok

If you beat the average now, and they add games later, do you get those for beating the average at time of purchase or the average when the extra games get added?

I'm a student/unemployed right now, which is why I'm asking. I know the whole charity aspect which I hope to contribute to once I get a job again. Thanks!

I don't understand the consistency of your message.

You actually don't have the beat the average at all to get the extras that come later if you buy the bundle before the extras are added. At least that's been my experience.

This will answer your question: pay $1 now if you don't have much money and you will get Steam keys, plus normally every possible bonii except Dustforce. If you really have no money or you don't care about Steam keys, you can either not buy it or buy it for $0.01, this is why they allow it.

Omikaru

Dustforce, Torchlight and Vessel? Sold. What an amazing bundle, as usual.

If you're poor (like me) and you want to beat the average, always get in early. Always.

Gowans

Had shatter on PS3 amazing game, fantastic soundtrack. Will be nice to play on my MacBook whe stick on the train.

Cade

Really good bundle, HB knocks it out of the park again. Just when you think you're oversaturated with indie bundles, the big dog comes back and shows you what's up.

Spierek

Only had Shatter, so getting everything else for 5.20$ was a steal. Looking forward to playing Rochard and Dustforce.

Gowans

Shatter seems to have an issue on the latest OSX.

Can't get it to open at all. Just keeping saying check it works on this version on OSX :(

Aru

Since I play 99% of the time on consoles and handhelds, the only times I buy PC games are when there are :
- cheap game bundles like this one (well I made it "cheap" because of the amount I gave)
- Steam sales

Bought this one just because I'm interested in Torchlight, but the other games seem great too.

Pyccko

Hahaha, FUCK. I just bought Shatter the other day when it was the daily. OH WELL, still got the bundle, as I've been wanting Rochard and Dustforce for a while.

Milla

Neo Member
You should buy this bundle for the Shatter soundtrack and consider all the games a bonus.

Module is playing that live this week. Thats being streamed, and then posted to YouTube, if you want to see how he does it :)

If Sidhe and Runic count as indy, then almost everybody does. Sidhe is a 100+ staff well established studio that has made games for Activision for crying out loud.

I guess including these types of games could increase sales which benefits the charaties which is a good thing, but call it something else then.

You're over-estimating our current size, and discounting our status as in independent, self-publishing developer :)

Good lord, Shatter is fantastic!

Glad to hear it! :D

Shatter seems to have an issue on the latest OSX.

Can't get it to open at all. Just keeping saying check it works on this version on OSX :(

Okay, will look into it, thanks.

Zimbardo

what an awesome bundle.

i already own Torchlight and Shatter, but its so bought!!! :D

Shatter has one of the best video game soundtracks that i've heard, too ...imo.

Platy

Humble people from NEOGAF !

I need your help.

I need a good excuse to not make this my donation =P

0CGjd.jpg

I feels unfair to do it this way .... but I already have dustforce and the game is SOOOO GOOODDDDDDD =x

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Humble people from NEOGAF !

I need your help.

I need a good excuse to not make this my donation =P

0CGjd.jpg

I feels unfair to do it this way .... but I already have dustforce and the game is SOOOO GOOODDDDDDD =x

They let you pick how you want to distribute stuff for a reason -- it's entirely your choice. If you want it to be all developers, no charity, that's fine. If you want to reward some developers and not others, that's fine. If you want it to be all charity, that's fine.

The vast, vast majority of people do not edit the split, so you can rest assured that every single developer, the Humble Bundle people, and both charities will make a huge sum, easily in the six figures each.

justjim89

I've never played Diablo games before, and I know that's essentially what Torchlight is. Is it like an MMO or Roguelike or something? What can I expect from it?

krae_man

You're over-estimating our current size, and discounting our status as in independent, self-publishing developer :)

Update your own Wikipedia page then! Also you don't self publish everything you make. Again if you qualify, there is very little that doesn't qualify. I don't know what Indie should mean but it definately shoudn't mean "Anybody not owned by Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, EA, Activision or Ubisoft".

I've never played Diablo games before, and I know that's essentially what Torchlight is. Is it like an MMO or Roguelike or something? What can I expect from it?

It's very similar to the first Diablo. A single major dungeon that changes as you go down, a little bit of sidequesting in one-off dungeons, and a town where you buy and sell your loot. The gameplay is action RPG; meaning one click is one action, and it's all in real time. It's much more active than an MMO and there is a little bit of navigation involved in battles. Most of the fun is in customizing your loadout to change your playstyle, and feeling accomplished when you find something cool or level up.

Try the Diablo II demo if you want to get a feel for how that series pioneered the genre. Diablo II has more open areas to explore, which is what Torchlight II is also adding.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Update your own Wikipedia page then! Also you don't self publish everything you make. Again if you qualify, there is very little that doesn't qualify. I don't know what Indie should mean but it definately shoudn't mean "Anybody not owned by Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, EA, Activision or Ubisoft".

Updating our own Wikipedia page would be against the TOS.

Also, we now fund and publish games from other developers. That makes us even less indie since we are practically Activision now.

Dingotech

Wow that's an awesome bundle!!!

Pity I own just about all of them. But I've paid over the average to get Dustforce and Rochard.

Might have to buy a few gift copies for friends who normally wouldn't buy some of these great games!

Santiako

Also, we now fund and publish games from other developers. That makes us even less indie since we are practically Activision now.

How long do you have left before you turn evil?

krae_man

Okay then next press release you do, mention the new studio size and the wiki ninjas will find it.

How long do you have left before you turn evil?

Didn't EA get busted for editing their own Wiki page? Guess that means Sidhe is still holding strong in the "Not Evil" camp so far.

Top Bottom