• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 |OT|: By the Power of Inafune!

Coxy

it takes the lowee shares in the town that sponsors the quest, if the town doesnt have any lowee shares then it wont raise the other one

Volcynika

Hmm. OK. I didn't really look at the quests so I didn't notice if quests which lose shares for an area are sponsored by a city in that area.

Anyways kinda burned through my NG+ and got the
human ending. SLUMBER PARTY!

Got a save left to do the rest of them, though it'll take some time.

I finished the game tonight, and while it felt a little short, I really enjoyed the game. I finished with the normal ending right around 13 hours after recruiting everyone and screwing around with some quests.

I felt like the game was a lot shorter than the first, so I loaded up my save on the original to check it out, but then I remembered that the first game had no in-game timer, duh. After playing around with the first one a little bit more, I'm amazed at how much better the sequel is when it comes to pretty much everything.

kiryogi

Banned
I finished the game tonight, and while it felt a little short, I really enjoyed the game. I finished with the normal ending right around 13 hours after recruiting everyone and screwing around with some quests.

I felt like the game was a lot shorter than the first, so I loaded up my save on the original to check it out, but then I remembered that the first game had no in-game timer, duh. After playing around with the first one a little bit more, I'm amazed at how much better the sequel is when it comes to pretty much everything.

Even though I never had the misfortune of experiencing the first, the game as a whole by it self is extremely solid. Like I want to give it a 8, but is anything it's definitely a 7.

Volcynika

Was watching my friend play it, and he was telling me how some JP guides said you could do all your ending requirements in
Ch 6, rather than before the CFW Magic fight in Ch 5.
Is that possible, I have a file ready
before the CFW Magic fight
, but wasn't sure if I still could change the ending after that point.

zulux21

They posted the DLC schedule for North America

(Sorted by Date): http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=dlc&nav_id=neptunia2&region=0&sortby=date&sorttype=asc

Looks like Cave and Falcom are out 3/20 for $2.99 apiece.

I am happy to see that any extra gameplay content seems to be free (unless I missed one that is priced)

neither Falcom or Cave really interest me so if those are the only two paid characters that's fine by me.

I finished up Chapter 2 today, I am hoping to finish up chapter 3 tomorrow. Still not really enjoying the story, but at least the rest of the game is good enough to make up for it for me.

Volcynika

Just did the Conquest ending. Now I'm going to bed depressed. :(

If anyone didn't want to do all that and still see it, I streamed it earlier:

Link (It's about one hour and 15 minutes, so not short!)

Final trophies to get are
the True ending related ones, all characters to 99, and Delphinus
. Almost!

EDIT: Today, got the platinum. Woo!

Gs1DJ.jpg

Just did the Conquest ending. Now I'm going to bed depressed. :(

If anyone didn't want to do all that and still see it, I streamed it earlier:

Link (It's about one hour and 15 minutes, so not short!)

Final trophies to get are
the True ending related ones, all characters to 99, and Delphinus
. Almost!

EDIT: Today, got the platinum. Woo!

Gs1DJ.jpg

Congrats! I don't know if I'll pick the game back up again, but the DLC tempts me.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I didn't read april fools thread, but anoop says:
"This message was posted on April 2, so it's not an April Fools Day joke"

If true i hope it's a teaser for a new game where the world is near destruction.

Anoop also said this in the comments:

Uhh... I was only joking around when I observed that the item was posted on April 2 and is thus not an April Fools' Day joke.

I'm pretty sure it actually is just a joke and is not meant to mean that there won't be any Neptune games and such...

AutumnAve

Finally finished Hyperdimension Neptunia one recently and dived into mk.2, and so far my thoughts are thus:

Compared to one, mk.2 feels much more like a full featured, layered RPG game. Comparatively the first game feels like a doujin effort, well meaning but amateurish in every way possible. I'm only about five or so hours in, but I love mk.2 much, much more than one.

AutumnAve

So how's this game compared to the first one? still clunky as shit, runs like 10fps?

No way, dude. It's pretty fantastic. Battle system leveled up, music is way better to my taste, the world traversal is easier and I really dig most everything about it. Go for it, my man, I love this game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I am surprised that I liked this. For an IF/Compile Heart game, I mean.

I found the first game boring, but this one was pretty fun to play. I'm not part of the audience for the fanservice, and I didn't really care for it (the Trick bits were... er, well... :|). But otherwise, I liked the game, and I found the battle system fun. I did the bad ending first, and was pretty surprised with the outcome so I wanted to work towards something better, lol. Anyway, it's quite a solid game.

...I liked it enough to platinum it, even.

Volcynika

Fellow Platinum'er!

Yeah, I hope Neptune V doesn't include anything like Trick. That was probably the worst part of the game.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Congrats on the Platinum! I barely started the game despite owning it since day one. At least I get to use the DLC characters this time. I plan to get the Platinum for this one as well since I did it for the first game. Is it considered easier or harder to do for mk2?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Fellow Platinum'er!

Yeah, I hope Neptune V doesn't include anything like Trick. That was probably the worst part of the game.
It was pretty distasteful. Must've been awkward to read those lines aloud. Really bad. :/

If they keep improving on the stuff they introduced in mk2 for Neptunia V, I'd play it. I'm still a little surprised by how fun the game was. The
Delphinus
trophy gave me some trouble since it wouldn't go after the character I wanted it to go after, but it was a pretty fun battle. Really glad I platinumed this since it made me experience the whole thing (ex: shares, arena, chirper events, etc). Congrats on your plat, btw. :)

Congrats on the Platinum! I barely started the game despite owning it since day one. At least I get to use the DLC characters this time. I plan to get the Platinum for this one as well since I did it for the first game. Is it considered easier or harder to do for mk2?
Thanks. :)

This game's plat is much easier than the previous game's. Shares are way easier to manage this time around, this is no trophy in this game like Histoire Enthusiast thank goodness, no trophies like Multiplatform or Speedy Hunter, etc. The trophies in mk2 are much easier to get in comparison since a lot of them are story-based, and there are multiple endings trophies. I did mine in two playthroughs (the second one was very short due to FF-ing dialogue, and holding down L2 during battle).

Just look out for your characters' Lily Ranks. They increase if you do the Chirper Events, and if you keep them in the party for certain battles. It's better, imo, if you work on them during your first playthrough so you can continue and finish your progress on them in the second playthrough with little hassle.

Kincaido

This game's plat is much easier than the previous game's. Shares are way easier to manage this time around, this is no trophy in this game like Histoire Enthusiast thank goodness, no trophies like Multiplatform or Speedy Hunter, etc. The trophies in mk2 are much easier to get in comparison since a lot of them are story-based, and there are multiple endings trophies. I did mine in two playthroughs (the second one was very short due to FF-ing dialogue, and holding down L2 during battle).

Just look out for your characters' Lily Ranks. They increase if you do the Chirper Events, and if you keep them in the party for certain battles. It's better, imo, if you work on them during your first playthrough so you can continue and finish your progress on them in the second playthrough with little hassle.

Ah, kinda sounds like the same thing I did for the first game with FF-ing the dialogue haha. Glad there isn't a trophy like the Histoire one. Had to start a third play through just to find two monsters. Thanks for the Lily Ranks tip.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ah, kinda sounds like the same thing I did for the first game with FF-ing the dialogue haha. Glad there isn't a trophy like the Histoire one. Had to start a third play through just to find two monsters. Thanks for the Lily Ranks tip.
The Histoire trophy is really annoying, but I'm very happy that there's nothing like that in this game. I think I'd probably enjoy the game less, lol.

If you are shooting to do the plat in two playthroughs (well, technically, 1.75), on one of the playthroughs you do, don't work on shares throughout the playthrough... and then keep a save (and don't save over it) right after chapter 6 starts--before you do any working towards shares at all in the game. That way, you can get the normal ending, and multiple console endings depending how you progressed the shares. After you get all of the normal + console endings, you can use the last save that progresses towards a console ending towards the True Ending since it'll give you a head start on increasing shares.

The Conquest trophy is its own beast. I ended up doing that first, and it was a little more difficult than I thought it'd be.

I got an email from NISA with good news about the Skill Pack DLC (free DLC which adds battle / coupling skills to some of the characters, particularly those who were lacking skills before):

---

Hello (name)

Thank you for approaching us about the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 "Skill Pack DLC". It's great to see that we have so many fans that are excited for this new addition to the great fun of Neptunia mk2.

There may have been a misunderstanding with the term of "error" being used in regards to the delay with the "Skill Pack DLC" from being released. There was a small issue with the submissions process that pushed the release of this DLC Pack back from the PSN for a little, but at this time we are aiming to have it out by the end of this month. However, this is a projected time line and not the actual confirmed date. Once we are able to confirm the release date for the "Skill Pack DLC", we will be sure to make an announcement for it in our Prinny Bomb Newsletter.

We appreciate the excitement that comes behind this title and the DLC with it! Thank you for being patient as well during this time! Please look forward to a more solid release date soon!

Best wishes,

NIS America, Inc
Support Representative
www.nisamerica.com

---

Once this gets released, I'll start my playthrough.

Kincaido

The Histoire trophy is really annoying, but I'm very happy that there's nothing like that in this game. I think I'd probably enjoy the game less, lol.

If you are shooting to do the plat in two playthroughs (well, technically, 1.75), on one of the playthroughs you do, don't work on shares throughout the playthrough... and then keep a save (and don't save over it) right after chapter 6 starts--before you do any working towards shares at all in the game. That way, you can get the normal ending, and multiple console endings depending how you progressed the shares. After you get all of the normal + console endings, you can use the last save that progresses towards a console ending towards the True Ending since it'll give you a head start on increasing shares.

The Conquest trophy is its own beast. I ended up doing that first, and it was a little more difficult than I thought it'd be.

Thanks for all the tips Schala. I really appreciate it. I'm only in chapter 3 right now so I guess I don't have to worry about much for now. Yeah someone else recommended me to get the conquest ending first. I'll aim for that on my first playthrough.

Rarutos

Seems the Skills Pack DLC will be up on Tuesday for free!

Also I just Platinum'd the first game last night and started mk2 up this morning. And man, was I blown away at how much better everything was in general.

Kincaido

Seems the Skills Pack DLC will be up on Tuesday for free!

Also I just Platinum'd the first game last night and started mk2 up this morning. And man, was I blown away at how much better everything was in general.

Oooh, awesome news. I've actually been waiting for it to show up before I get too deep in the game. Yeah, battles are the one thing that feels so much better.

Kincaido

Remember to keep going back and doing those chirper events for the Lily Ranks!

I won't =). I stopped the other day at the beginning of chapter 4 and have already maxed out IF and Compa's. Got Nisa and Gust to level 4 I believe. Also, Cave is awesome. Love using her.

Rarutos

Did you manage to do it in one playthrough? The share system was about the only thing that really bugged me in Neptunia (had to do a New Game+ because it locked me out of a few events).

Yes, I got it in one playthrough! I made sure to not let Neptune die a lot, and not to fail any dungeons. I was able to do it pretty quickly! Thank goodness, too because those dungeons were just draggging after a long while.

Neptunia 2 is so much more fun to play! I find myself wasting away hours just playing it. And it doesn't feel tedious to play like all the other IF games I've played up til now too. It's great!

Jucksalbe

Banned
I wish I had known you could lose shares before playing the game. Oh well, New Game+ was very fast.

The short bit I played of mk2 felt like Neptunia 1 on speed. Everything is so much faster. Only thing I don't like about mk2 so far is the strange way it scrolls. It feels strange and gives me a headache, but I guess I'll get used to it after a while.

AutumnAve

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, maybe I'm too low leveled but, CFW Brave is kicking my butt. Like, three times in a row. I guess it can't be helped, got to level up.

Jucksalbe

Banned
What's that "Skill Pack" that was released today on PSN? The description makes it sound like this just a simple event, but the download is 225MB.

Edit: Whoops, maybe I should have actually read the thread before posting.

Rarutos

Wow... That Conquest End
was way more depressing and dark than I expected it. Quite painful to go through too, in terms of you know, killing everyone. ;_;

Jucksalbe

Banned
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, maybe I'm too low leveled but, CFW Brave is kicking my butt. Like, three times in a row. I guess it can't be helped, got to level up.

Just beat that sucker. Had to try a second time here, too. Basically what I did was to use a lot of healing items and try to Guard Break him with normal attacks + Venom/Paralysis Shot. As soon as I did that, I spammed Mirage Dance and Venom/Paralyze Shot whenever I could. I completely ignored HDD mode. My Nepgear was level 39.

Kincaido

In chapter 5 right now and working on shares for the
Conquest Ending ;_;

It's taking a while and I know I am going to hate it, but at least it'll be out of the way. Then I can focus on the happier endings and/or Atelier Meruru depending on when Nisa decides to send it to me.

Rarutos

Just got my Platinum! Too lazy to take a picture and show it off, but it was pretty worth it! Loved the game overall. :)

Jucksalbe

Banned
How long did it take you to get to level 99? This is kinda what's bothering me the most of my remaining trophies....and getting Planeptune to 55% global shares, but I'm on that.

Rarutos

How long did it take you to get to level 99? This is kinda what's bothering me the most of my remaining trophies....and getting Planeptune to 55% global shares, but I'm on that.

It took me all day starting from level ~70 or so. Maybe 6 or 7 hours overall? I didn't really get bored though since I really like the battle system. But yeah, it's probably the most second most tedious trophy after the Conquest Ending. The DLC dungeons made the grinding process faster though, since they had stronger enemies than the NG+ dungeons.

Kincaido

Just got the Conquest Ending and wow....just wow. Really hope Neptune V doesn't have one of these. If it does I at least hope that
Noire
is in the party. Her part just killed me a little inside ;_;

Rarutos

Just got the Conquest Ending and wow....just wow. Really hope Neptune V doesn't have one of these. If it does I at least hope that
Noire
is in the party. Her part just killed me a little inside ;_;

I honestly thought this kind of ending was kind of... An interesting change of pace for a game that doesn't always take itself seriously. It definitely surprised me, as much as I was sad going through it. I wouldn't mind if they did something similar in Neptunia V, myself.

Kincaido

I honestly thought this kind of ending was kind of... An interesting change of pace for a game that doesn't always take itself seriously. It definitely surprised me, as much as I was sad going through it. I wouldn't mind if they did something similar in Neptunia V, myself.

Now that I've had some time to think about it and let it all sink in, it actually is an interesting idea. Really is not something you'd expect from the game. I just really disliked the part I mentioned because she's my favorite character and voiced by my favorite Japanese VA. She also did the scene perfectly imo.
It also didn't help that she was the first one to get killed off.

Then again, I'm probably just too attached to any character voiced by Asami Imai, heh.

Finally started my playthrough now that the Skill Pack DLC's out. I had a post here gushing about how much I love the game, but thinking about it I've only just finished Chapter 3 so I'll hold back until I'm finished.

Couple of quick (Y/N) questions for anyone who's still around:

1. Does 5pb ever get any healing skills?
2. Does Rom end up as a decent offensive mage rather than being the very white mage she starts off as?
3. Do Cave / Falcom get any more skills other than the ones they start with? They have their ultimates from the outset so it's throwing me off a bit.

Actually, any input on which characters people used and why would be appreciated, since it'd help me with my endgame team.

Also, what's the deal with the title effects on the character status screen? They're divided into either Physical Def+ or Magic Def+. I'm assuming they're just (invisible?) stat boosters but if correct me if I'm wrong.

Jucksalbe

Banned
3. Do Cave / Falcom get any more skills other than the ones they start with? They have their ultimates from the outset so it's throwing me off a bit.

I used Cave and I think I didn't get any new skills (I'm at level 50something). But on the other hand "Black Label" is the most powerful skill I encountered in the whole game.

Actually, any input on which characters people used and why would be appreciated, since it'd help me with my endgame team.

I used (when I got them) Nepgear, Compa, Gust and Cave. Nepgear and Cave as main attackers, Gust as magic attacker with occasional reviving and Compa as dedicated healer. Rarely had a problem in the game.

Also, what's the deal with the title effects on the character status screen? They're divided into either Physical Def+ or Magic Def+. I'm assuming they're just (invisible?) stat boosters but if correct me if I'm wrong.

Never saw that. Is this maybe coming from the partners?

Never saw that. Is this maybe coming from the partners?
Nah, I just checked and on the status pages the CPU candidates
and the CPUs
have 'Title: CPU' and 'Title Info: Physical Def+' and the company characters get 'Title: Maker' and 'Title Info: Magic Def+'. It looks like it's just some inherent thing. Not sure what kind of impact it has on the stats though (if any).

Another question while I'm here. I'm going for the True Ending and apparently I need to get everyone to Lily Rank 4+ as one of the requirements. Does that include Cave / Falcom as well, even though they're DLC? If so it's gonna be a pain since they don't have any affection boosting chirp events as far as I know.

Kincaido

Nah, I just checked and on the status pages the CPU candidates
and the CPUs
have 'Title: CPU' and 'Title Info: Physical Def+' and the company characters get 'Title: Maker' and 'Title Info: Magic Def+'. It looks like it's just some inherent thing. Not sure what kind of impact it has on the stats though (if any).

Another question while I'm here. I'm going for the True Ending and apparently I need to get everyone to Lily Rank 4+ as one of the requirements. Does that include Cave / Falcom as well, even though they're DLC? If so it's gonna be a pain since they don't have any affection boosting chirp events as far as I know.

Those traits are added bonuses to whoever is partnered with them that is active in battle. Cave/Falcom don't count for endings at all. Their Lily Ranks even reset when you start a new game plus I believe.

Top Bottom