• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hypothetical: Say Nintendo Vs Capcom Becomes A Reality...

Azure J

We can talk roster all day, but what kind of game would you guys want it to be?

I'd want it to be like a blend between Smash and a traditional 2D fighter. Basically Street Fighter with Smash's simplified controls where every attack is a direction plus a button. Three standard attack buttons and one special attack button. Up to jump and back to block. Make it faster than Street Fighter, but nowhere NEAR as chaotic as MvC.

I pretty much mentioned it before, but I really don't want any half step games. Capcom should focus on its strengths and do a traditional tag fighter that way you get to play up the personalities and potential of each move set to their absolute zenith. I definitely do agree that it should aim to be far away from what Marvel 3 turned into, but it should still focus on having good movement and a great sense of visual impact.

Gartooth

I have no idea if the "no guns in Smash" rule was from Sakurai, Pokemon Company, Nintendo, or whoever but I hope that the restrictions would be lowered for Nintendo vs. Capcom. It would be a huge fucking waste of the crossover to not have RE or DMC characters in the game. I think Marvel vs. Capcom does a good job of lowering the violence of gun fire anyway since they look more like pieces of light than actual bullets.

Something they would need to get absolutely right visually would be scaling the cartoony Nintendo characters to the Capcom cast correctly in a Vs. game. We don't want every Nintendo character being Arthur size. lol

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Finally, my stupid ass roster:

You are basically pasting a "Smash Bros." esque roster. The beauty of Nintendo vs Capcom is that it could actually have Takamaru, Mach Rider, Ridley (Metroid), Samurai Goro (F-Zero), Black Bull (F-Zero X), Saki (Sin & Punishment), Prince Saber (Bell Tolls for the Frog), Sigurd (Fire Emblem), etc.

It doesn't need to have 10 Pokemon characters and 3 Kirby characters or whatever Sakurai has been favoring.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member

I'd want it to be like a blend between Smash and a traditional 2D fighter. Basically Street Fighter with Smash's simplified controls where every attack is a direction plus a button. Three standard attack buttons and one special attack button. Up to jump and back to block. Make it faster than Street Fighter, but nowhere NEAR as chaotic as MvC.

Ideally it would be have very simplified controls like smash bros(its the only fighter along with its clones/inspirations that i can truly enjoy) have smaller stages like a regular fighter and be 1v1 with no items, and a health bar. also it should have a neat story mode with cutscenes like the one from brawl. i don't care man, besides the last part with all the back tracking i really liked story mode in that game, way better than smash tour and stuff.

Kjellson

NvC shouldn't have any Nintendo characters that isn't in Smash Bros. There is enough salt in the world for me if Wonder-Red was in NvC and not Smash.

I pretty much mentioned it before, but I really don't want any half step games. Capcom should focus on its strengths and do a traditional tag fighter that way you get to play up the personalities and potential of each move set to their absolute zenith. I definitely do agree that it should aim to be far away from what Marvel 3 turned into, but it should still focus on having good movement and a great sense of visual impact.

I just honestly find MvC unplayable due to the pacing, the absurd combos, and having to keep track of 3 characters, so I don't want it to be anything like that.

No super jumps. The camera should not move vertically.
No 500 hit combos.
No 3 character teams; maybe I could deal with 2.

Something like Guilty Gear I could deal with. Faster than Street Fighter with more movement options for most characters, but not a complete chaotic clusterfuck like MvC.

Technically, he can. At least in Marvel vs Capcom 1 as Complete Change Ryu.

Not like anything is stopping Capcom from doing it again.

I always felt like MvC 1 Ryu was the strongest incarnation of Ryu simply because he can tap into the complete moveset of Ken and Akuma, complete with the appropriate fire effects for whatever attacks, like the mentioned Fire-Shoryuken.

On-Topic:
I know characters are a big part of this, but I feel like whatever mechanics they go for would involve some heavy compromise one way or another. Just thinking to myself, how would the fighting controls/mechanics be for such a game?

Would it have traditional fighter mechanics like Street Fighter (quarter-circle, half-circle motions, "Shoryuken" forward-down-downforward anti-airs, etc.) or simpler inputs like Smash Bros. (single-direction+button actions, attacks that have much more aerial movement, etc.)?

Would either system be too much of a compromise for the opposite faction? (i.e. Smash controls for Ryu, or Street Fighter controls for Mario).

Health bars or damage percentage? Walls or no walls? Hyper combo gauges or smash balls or neither?

I can see how a collaborated game like this can be desired from a character standpoint, but would fans of Smash and Street Fighter both be happy on the fighting system chosen? Reminds me a bit how the Tekken characters in Street Fighter X Tekken pretty much had Capcom-esque inputs for most attacks. This also reminds me a bit of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but the fighting style was more entry-level friendly from what I recall.

No Zero, no purchase!

No Ken, no buy. Dead serious.

Hsien Ko or no buy

I feel sorry for you people.

Already ahead of you! I was just looking at Cyber Blue and Yellow Iris' profile on Capcom Database wiki.

Haha, nice! But the question is... Do you approve?

Captain Falcon / Viewtiful Joe / Wonder Red Team? Oh my God, this NEEDS to happen.

YES! Imagine it, Oric, IMAGINE IT.

I just want a traditional fighter, you know how great characters will be like Link? With so much stuff that he has that'll be possible because of it. That's what has ne excited.

Also, I couldn't understand the process of your idea. I probably thought about it too much. Lol.

NvC is kind of already happening with Mega Man and Ryu (rumored) in Smash. Though I would love to see a team fighter like MvC with the likes of Link and Captain Falcon

I've mentioned that in the first post. xP

But yes, the teams would be great. So many unique combinations.

Azure J

You are basically pasting a "Smash Bros." esque roster. The beauty of Nintendo vs Capcom is that it could actually have Takamaru, Mach Rider, Ridley (Metroid), Samurai Goro (F-Zero), Black Bull (F-Zero X), Saki (Sin & Punishment), Prince Saber (Bell Tolls for the Frog), Sigurd (Fire Emblem), etc.

It doesn't need to have 10 Pokemon characters and 3 Kirby characters or whatever Sakurai has been favoring.

I mean, I just screwed around with the notion in the other thread because the comment string was more about who would be expected than anything you'd want personally. While I do think I played too safe, I have to wonder how crazy Nintendo would get, especially when a few of those faces are as close to "mandatory" as can be.

FWIW, the more crazy old/neglected guys they get the better.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
You know who is a must, right?

iXrkxc34y23u8.gif

That will be glorious
zzP6m3I.gif

Gartooth

I mean, I just screwed around with the notion in the other thread because the comment string was more about who would be expected than anything you'd want personally. While I do think I played too safe, I have to wonder how crazy Nintendo would get, especially when a few of those faces are as close to "mandatory" as can be.

FWIW, the more crazy old/neglected guys they get the better.

As far as my own opinion goes, I would be incredibly hyped for the Nintendo roster in Nintendo vs. Capcom even if they were all characters already existing in Smash Bros. Reason being is that they would probably be recreated from the ground up for a Vs. game. Yeah they will probably have similar moves since things like Mario's fireballs and Link's spin attack are strongly attached to those characters, but not only would they have a larger movepool than Smash but also the way in which those moves act may be different from Smash.

Jawmuncher

I'm surprised that you wouldn't even dare to suggest your favorite character, Regina!

I would love to see Regina being playable character with ability to summon (by somehow) the dinosaurs, just like Frank West and Jill Valentine (MVC2)

Still how I want to see her used if we ever get a cross over where she'll appear.

So, how did you feel about TvC then? Also surprised about no mention of Regina from you.

I actually didn't mind TvC. However not knowing the Tatsunoko side very well, and a few odd choices to me on the Capcom side puts it at a odd spot for me. I like it but i'll usually end up picking something else to play if I had to choose one. With fighting it all comes down to the characters over anything else for me. I didn't mention Regina because I wanted to go off your base rather than make my own. Also I knew it would be implied. You and heath both mentioned it lol.

-----

As for characters I guess it wouldn't be too hard for capcom to work around things. Regina has her Stun Knife along with a few outlandish weapons in the series like a flamethrower, firewall & solid cannon laser. Those things seem like the sort not to get picky over. As for Resident Evil characters, the game is highly melee focused these days, so a character not using weaponry wouldn't be too out of place. Hell wesker didn't in MVC3 outside of a special and a pistol shot.

Alrus

There's a "no guns" rule for Smash? Where does this come from? Snake used regular military weapons in Brawl no?

i-Jest

If we ever do get a Capcom vs Nintendo fighter I'd like to see some element from CvS or CvS 2. No rediculous air combos. Great ground combat. GG Xrd would be a good contemporary example in that regard; Under Night In-Birth might be another.

Jawmuncher

There's a "no guns" rule for Smash? Where does this come from? Snake used regular military weapons in Brawl no?

It's more talking about regular bullet weaponry. He didn't bust out a machine gun or anything. Seems with nintendo outlandish stuff is fine, more to the point isn't. Unless it's like a lazer or something that comes out of the weapon.

I have no idea if the "no guns in Smash" rule was from Sakurai, Pokemon Company, Nintendo, or whoever but I hope that the restrictions would be lowered for Nintendo vs. Capcom. It would be a huge fucking waste of the crossover to not have RE or DMC characters in the game. I think Marvel vs. Capcom does a good job of lowering the violence of gun fire anyway since they look more like pieces of light than actual bullets.

Something they would need to get absolutely right visually would be scaling the cartoony Nintendo characters to the Capcom cast correctly in a Vs. game. We don't want every Nintendo character being Arthur size. lol

Just like with other people who posted about that. I ask the question: Did you not like Tatsunoko vs Capcom? DMC/RE wasn't present, but it was still a pretty damn great game. Even if it only had like 12 characters each side.

Exactly! This is another thing that excites me about a potential roster.

But will there be anything as epic as "Volteka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

In NvC? Hell yeah there would!

*snip*

Health bars or damage percentage? Walls or no walls? Hyper combo gauges or smash balls or neither?

I can see how a collaborated game like this can be desired from a character standpoint, but would fans of Smash and Street Fighter both be happy on the fighting system chosen? Reminds me a bit how the Tekken characters in Street Fighter X Tekken pretty much had Capcom-esque inputs for most attacks. This also reminds me a bit of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but the fighting style was more entry-level friendly from what I recall.

Tatsunoko/MvC3 both had an easy mode. Where you had Smash like controls. That could just be implemented again with NvC.

Basically a traditional fighter.

The point of it, is to differentiate it from Smash Bros. Instead of just having another Smash Bros. game being develop by Capcom. Instead of saying Street Fighter fans, it should be 2D Fighting game fans. Since it would just be Street Fighter playing it.

That was kind of the problem with Street Fighter x Tekken. You had a 3D fighter duking it out with a 2D fighter. But I still enjoyed the game.

Nanashrew

Banned
Capcom side:

1. MegaMan.EXE (MegaMan Network)
2. Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
3. Protoman (MegaMan 3)
4. Tron Bonne (MegaMan Legends)
5. Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers)
6. SonSon III (Marvel vs. Capcom 2)
7. Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
8. Saki (Nanairo Dreams)
9. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
10. Roll (MegaMan)
11. Captain Commando (Captain Commando)
12. Nina (Breath of Fire series)
13. Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins)
14. Ryu (Street Fighter series)
15. Chun Li (Street Fighter series)
16. Rouge (Power Stone)
17. Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiuful Joe)
18. Ametarasu (Okami)
19. Yellow Iris (Battle Circuit)
20. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots)

Nintendo side:

1. Mario (Mario)
2. Luigi (Mario)
3. Peach (Mario)
4. Bowser (Mario
5. Pit (Kid Icarus)
6. Samus Aran (Metroid(dunno if should go for zero suit or full suit)
7. Ness (Earthbound)
8. Marth (Fire Emblem)
9. Wonder Red (TW101)
10. Fox McCloud (Star Fox)
11. Falco Lombardi (Star Fox)
12. Waluigi (Side game hell)
13. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
14. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
15. Takamaru ( The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
16. Isaac (Golden Sun)
17. Link (The Legend of Zelda)
18. Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
19. Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo
20. Mike Jones (StarTropics)

It's really hard to dig into Nintendo's past and searching up obscure characters on google I just get top 10s with nothing to offer.

EDIT: I may add 5 more to each side later though if I can think of any more characters.

I can Imagine the game being a hitbox nightmare. Half of the roster would be the size of rocket raccoon...

Not exactly. None of the characters would be that big from each other, and even then some of characters aren't there actual size.

Ex: Fox is like 5'10" and Falco is 6'2" but you don't see that in Smash. All that jazz.

I actually didn't mind TvC. However not knowing the Tatsunoko side very well, and a few odd choices to me on the Capcom side puts it at a odd spot for me. I like it but i'll usually end up picking something else to play if I had to choose one. With fighting it all comes down to the characters over anything else for me. I didn't mention Regina because I wanted to go off your base rather than make my own. Also I knew it would be implied. You and heath both mentioned it lol.

-----

As for characters I guess it wouldn't be too hard for capcom to work around things. Regina has her Stun Knife along with a few outlandish weapons in the series like a flamethrower, firewall & solid cannon laser. Those things seem like the sort not to get picky over. As for Resident Evil characters, the game is highly melee focused these days, so a character not using weaponry wouldn't be too out of place. Hell wesker didn't in MVC3 outside of a special and a pistol shot.

I only of 3 characters on the Tatsunoko side, but I fell in love with Joe The Condor/Polimar. They were pretty great! Ahh, so basically you're in with the folks who has to have character they enjoy? Instead of finding a new character who happens to have a playstyle you enjoy?

Oh, hah, well then. At least my roster was looked at more. Not going to lie though, I would absolutely love Regina in a fighting game. Just wondering when her time to shine will come.

Actually all that stuff you mentioned would be pretty great stuff in her moveset. Although, it does give me Chris Redfield vibes from MvC. She wouldn't be as heavy as a character as him for sure, so that would be a welcome. True about Weaker, but I doubt they would just send him off by himself. :p

If we ever do get a Capcom vs Nintendo fighter I'd like to see some element from CvS or CvS 2. No rediculous air combos. Great ground combat. GG Xrd would be a good contemporary example in that regard; Under Night In-Birth might be another.

I actually would not mind that all. Actually I wouldn't mind it being like Skullgirls either.

Sounds like a bad idea.

Why is that?

Jawmuncher

I only of 3 characters on the Tatsunoko side, but I fell in love with Joe The Condor/Polimar. They were pretty great! Ahh, so basically you're in with the folks who has to have character they enjoy? Instead of finding a new character who happens to have a playstyle you enjoy?

Oh, hah, well then. At least my roster was looked at more. Not going to lie though, I would absolutely love Regina in a fighting game. Just wondering when her time to shine will come.

Actually all that stuff you mentioned would be pretty great stuff in her moveset. Although, it does give me Chris Redfield vibes from MvC. She wouldn't be as heavy as a character as him for sure, so that would be a welcome. True about Weaker, but I doubt they would just send him off by himself. :p

Yep it's my biggest fighting game flaw and why I can't let go of Solid Snake for the future of smash. It only really applies to cross over stuff though for some reason. Every other fighter I just go for a combination of looks and play style. Speaking of which would be interesting to see this happen more so just so that nintendo history type talk could be ignored. If capcom was making it, I would think nintendo would let them add whoever they wanted so long as they followed a guide line. Which would be pretty cool and as you and other posters have shown, really open up some interesting doors.

Azure J

Just like with other people who posted about that. I ask the question: Did you not like Tatsunoko vs Capcom? DMC/RE wasn't present, but it was still a pretty damn great game. Even if it only had like 12 characters each side.

As much as I'm totally down for the idea of NvC, consider this. I never really got my own copy of TvC for Wii despite owning a Wii. Dante's confirmation in Marvel 3 sold me a 360 and a copy of UMVC3.

Also, Megaman in this game has to follow the listing I mentioned because:

- Nintendo audience is pretty gung-ho about Megaman and the extra emphasis wouldn't be out of place here.
- X is like THE shining star and one of the most fondly remembered things about the SNES. He also has never been in a fighting game despite being Dante levels of versatile.
- Zero series is a thing that happened only on the Nintendo side of the spectrum and has a great iconography unto itself.
Plus MMZ Zero is cooler looking.
- Battle Network was at one point single handedly carrying that franchise; it is also creative as all hell
- TvC Roll was a beast and classic Megaman is holding it down in Smash 4 already.
- Tron is dabess.

Neoxon

I like the roster! Especially Zack & Wiki. For me...

1. Mega Man (Mega Man)
2. Roll (Mega Man)
3. Dr. Wily (Mega Man)
4. Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)
5. Proto Man (Mega Man)
6. Mega Man Zero (Mega Man Zero)
7. Morrigan Aensland (DarkStalkers)
8. Ryu (Street Fighter)
9. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
10. M. Bison (Street Fighter)
11. Arthur (Ghosts'N Goblins)
12. Firebrand (Demon's Crest)
13. Amaterasu (Okami)
14. Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
15. Sexy Sylvia (Viewtiful Joe)
16. Nina (Breath of Fire III)
17. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
18. Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
19. Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
20. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
21. Nemesis T-Type (Resident Evil)
22. Zack & Wiki (Zack & Wiki)
23. Strider Hiryu (Strider)
24. Sissel & Missile (Ghost Trick)
25. Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)

Nintendo:

1. Mario (Mario)
2. Luigi (Luigi's Mansion)
3. Peach (Mario)
4. Bowser (Mario)
5. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
6. Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
7. Wario (Wario)
8. Yoshi (Yoshi)
9. Pikachu (Pokemon)
10. Charizard (Pokemon)
11. Mewtwo (Pokemon)
12. Link (The Legend of Zelda)
13. Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
14. Ganon (The Legend of Zelda)
15. Kirby (Kirby)
16. King Dedede (Kirby)
17. Samus (Metroid)
18. Ridley (Metroid)
19. Marth (Fire Emblem)
20. Fox (Star Fox)
21. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!0
22. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
23. Ness (EarthBound)
24. Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
25. Tap Girl (Rhythm Heaven)

Tried my best to vary up the Nintendo stuff, but frankly, the best choices for characters are characters who were in Smash already.
The Monster Hunter team doesn't want to be involved in fighting game crossovers. For reference, they refused to let any Monster Hunter rep be in MvC3 & UMvC3 when Niitsuma asked on multiple occasions.

Thanks! I tried to play up new characters/characters that'd fit/uniqueness.

That's a big list of Mega Man characters! Also, you totally reminded me of Sissel... I forgot about that game actually. <.< Should add him to my list.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But at least they'd still be unique characters. Instead of being limited to 3 special moves.

I think Mega Man earns them spots; it's one of Nintendo's classic third-party series, after all!

Also I just noticed that each company has 16 series in my roster. Whoo!

Platy

As realistic as you can, realisticaly speaking there are bigger chances for CAPCOM vs Nintendo intead of Nintendo vs Capcom with ryu being cross promotion and working like the "tekken vs street" for this "street vs tekken" ... and 20 each side is too much for the first game of a series.

That being said :

Capcom -
1-Ryu
2-Captain Comando
3- Viewtiful Joe
4- Strider
5- Edward Falcon
6- Morrigan
7- Megaman
8- Dante
9- Phoenix Wright
10- MVC2 Jill Valentine

Nintendo -
1- Mario
2- Link
3- Kirby
4- Pikachu
5- Captain Falcon
6- Lucina
7- Samus
8- Wonder Red
9- DK
10- Little Mac

2 girls each side, just one "new" capcom character to increase the amount of work on Nintendo characters... character pairing like falcon/falcon, wonder/viewtiful and lucina/dante

Neoxon

I'm not too familiar with Capcom games but I do enjoy MvC series(even though I suck at them, I just enjoy the characters and flashy moves ^_^) so I'll name only nintendo characters. Now assuming the game will only have the same roster size as MvC3 each side would get 19 reps. My nintendo picks would be the following:
Mario Reps
1- Mario
2- Luigi
3-Peach
4-Bowser

Wario Ware Reps
5- Wario
6- Ashley

Donkey Kong Reps
7- DK
8- Dixie
9- Cranky(cause it would be hilarious watching an old ape fight with a cane)

Pokemon Reps
10-Pikachu(personally i wouldn't pick him but realistically if this game was to exist pikachu would be in it without a doubt) but if hypothetically nintendo asked me personally who I'd go with instead I'd pick Cofagrigus
11- Kabutops or Ampharos
12-Hawlucha

Our Nintendo Joke character(who doesn't have to play shit like MvC2's joke character)
13- Captain N OR Slippy

Metroid Reps
14- Samus
15- Ridley

Zelda Reps
16- Pig Ganon
17- Link
18- Shiek

Wonderful 101 Rep
19- Wonder Red(honestly don't know jack about this series but I feel more comfortable going with wonder red than splatoon kid)

I tried to stay away from characters that already exist in smash bros with the exception of characters that will be in the game whether we like it or not(like the 4 main mario reps, link, dk, etc.) didn't want to go more than 4 reps for mario cause more than 4 when they only get 19 is a lot imo. There would be some more I include but like i said, I'm going under the assumption we'd get the same as MvC3. Also tried to spread the 3 pokemon reps so no gen gets more than 1 rep to be more interesting. Pokemon has so many character opportunities but they always go with gen 1 or that 1 really popular pokemon for whatever their latest gen is.
As realistic as you can, realisticaly speaking there are bigger chances for CAPCOM vs Nintendo intead of Nintendo vs Capcom with ryu being cross promotion and working like the "tekken vs street" for this "street vs tekken" ... and 20 each side is too much for the first game of a series.

That being said :

Capcom -
1-Ryu
2-Captain Comando
3- Viewtiful Joe
4- Strider
5- Edward Falcon
6- Morrigan
7- Megaman
8- Dante
9- Phoenix Wright
10- MVC2 Jill Valentine

Nintendo -
1- Mario
2- Link
3- Kirby
4- Pikachu
5- Captain Falcon
6- Lucina
7- Samus
8- Wonder Red
9- DK
10- Little Mac

2 girls each side, just one "new" capcom character to increase the amount of work on Nintendo characters... character pairing like falcon/falcon, wonder/viewtiful and lucina/dante
Let's be honest, Nintendo's probably gonna find a way to shoe-horn the Inklings in if NvC were to happen. And as much as I love The Wonderful 101, Splatoon is a higher priority to Nintendo.

Platy

What makes me think is that if Dante, which is ahcaracter that NEVER appeared in a Nintendo console has a chance...

Gartooth

I love Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but that was a game where I hadn't heard of over half the cast. Even the Capcom picks were pretty out there like Saki and PTX-40A. A game like this is would be all about fanservice, there isn't much point in leaving out the popular picks unless we want repeat scenarios and outcry like Mega Man missing in MvC3.

Anyway, if I had a worry about this hypothetical game it would be that Nintendo would be far too demanding, and I'm not talking in terms of creative reasons. I would be concerned they would want a simplified "traditional" fighter to appeal to a wider audience.

What makes me think is that if Dante, which is ahcaracter that NEVER appeared in a Nintendo console has a chance...

This game concept sounds like a Capcom game that has the privilege to use Nintendo characters and not the other way around.

Neoxon

On top of the potential shoehorning-Splatoon issue that could arise, there's the issue that The Pokémon Company will refuse Nintendo & Capcom the use of any Pokémon in the game. So far the only known exception to their "no crossovers with the rest of Nintendo" policy was Smash, so it isn't impossible, just unlikely.

Why not both?
I'd love to have both, I'm just going off of PurpleSquid & Platy's posts. If it had to go down between The Wonderful 101 & Splatoon, they're gonna go with Splatoon.

Beth Cyra

The people who say Rock are out of their minds.

X plays as large a roll does, was the single most requested character for their last cross over and they actually had backlash when he was snubbed.

Rock and Trigger have been used a lot and there is literally zero reason to snub X again.

Not exactly, he's been there twice with X Zone.

On top of the potential shoehorning-Splatoon issue that could arise, there's the issue that The Pokémon Company will refuse Nintendo & Capcom the use of any Pokémon in the game. So far the only known exception to their "no crossovers with the rest of Nintendo" policy was Smash, so it isn't impossible, just unlikely.

I'd love to have both, I'm just going off of PurpleSquid & Platy's posts. If it had to go down between The Wonderful 101 & Splatoon, they're gonna go with Splatoon.

I'd actually kind of like if Pokemon wasn't in there - more opportunities for non-Smash characters!

A Battle Network character in a Vs. series game would be the coolest shit, you people can't deny that.

Only if the MMBN character moves by instantly jumping backwards and forwards

Neoxon

The people who say Rock are out of their minds.

X plays as large a roll does, was the single most requested character for their last cross over and they actually had backlash when he was snubbed.

Rock and Trigger have been used a lot and there is literally zero reason to snub X again.

Not exactly, he's been there twice with X Zone.
There are also other things to consider.

• Kenji Inafune hand-picked Zero over X to represent the MMX franchise in MvC3, so they may use that as a standard for who represents what branch of Mega Man.
  • Zero in general isn't far from X in popularity
  • Classic Mega Man is more synonymous with Nintendo, & this would theoretically be a Nintendo crossover. Plus Classic Mega Man was in Smash, not X.
  • Odds are they'd port over UMvC3 assets for the Capcom cast, so it'd be easier just to port over Zero to cover the Mega Man X franchise as a whole (assuming they go with the whole "One Character Per Branch of Mega Man" thing).

For these reasons, I have a gut feeling that it'll be Classic Mega Man, Zero, & Tron Bonne for the Mega Man representation if NvC happens.

Fandangox

My roster would be:

Capcom:

1. Ryu
2. Chun Li
3. Mega Man (any mega man works to be honest)
4. Sigma
5. Phoenix Wright
6. Amateratsu
7. Dante
8. Morrigan
9. Chris, Jill, or Leon
10. Viewtiful Joe
11. Frank West
12. Sir Arthur

Nintendo:

1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Link
4. Zelda
5. Samus
6. Captain Falcon
7. Wonder Red
8. Donkey Kong
9. Marth, Robin, or the new Avatar unit from If.
10. Shulk
11. Kirby
12. Inkling, maybe. I can picture them in smash, but not sure how they'd work in a traditional fighter, they would be fun though. If not, then Captain Olimar and the cute little Pikmins.

Final Boss: Either a tag team of Ganondorf and Akuma or maybe just Ganon followed by Chakravartin.

The true final Boss is the fusion of pink gold baby peach and cutman

Top Bottom