• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hypothetical: Say Nintendo Vs Capcom Becomes A Reality...

Neoxon

My Roster...

Capcom:

1.-Ryu
2.-Chun Li
3.-Nemesis
4.-Felicia
5.-Morrigan
6.-Viewtiful Joe
7.-Frank West
8.-Amaterasu
9.-Arthur
10.-Zack & Wiki
11.-Megaman (classic)
12.-Tron Bonne
13.-Zero
14.-Roll (TVC version)
15.-Captain Commando
16.-Falcon/Fokker
17.-Phoenix Wright
18.-Gene
19.-Spencer (re-armed/retro version but with the MVC3 moves)
20.-Monster Hunter Rep

Nintendo:
1.-Mario
2.-Peach
3.-Bowser
4.-Link
5.-Zelda/Sheik
6.-Ganondorf
7.-Wario
8.-Donkey Kong
9.-Captain Falcon
10.-Samus
11.-Ridley
12.-Fox
13.-Little Mac
14.-Shulk
15.-Wii Fit Trainer
16.-Ness
17.- Flint or Duster
18.-Wonder Red
19.-Urban Champion
20.-Captain Rainbow

Final Boss: NME/Nightmare from the Kirby series.

No pokemon due to that rumor that the Pokemon company doesnt let them use them outside of smash.

It's dumb to crossover SF with Mortal Kombat in a conceptual level.

The only crossover between Capcom and Mortal Kombat would be Mortal Kombat vs Darkstalkers.

Hell, even in the games lore it would mnake sense, like, the Outworld realm declares war on Makai realm.

Darkstalkers didn't have fatalies as finishers, but all characters had moves that would slice enemies in a half (either vertical or horizontal) and if you won round 2 with such move, you'd actually kill your oponent and their corpse would stay sliced.

Same for some supers like Jedah's sould stealing contract super, if you finished your oponent with that move, it would stay splattered in blood into the contract.

It's not hard to modify some of these moves into fatalities, midnight bliss basically is a fatality already! Q-bee has that suicide super that turns the oponent into a cocoon where another Q-bee is born, that's also potentially a fatality, hell, Felicia's please help me could even work as a fatality, just have the other cat girls dismember the oponent!
By that logic, you may want to remove the Monster Hunter rep as well. They refused to be represented in any fighting game with a playable character.

PSqueak

Banned
By that logic, you may want to remove the Monster Hunter rep as well. They refused to be represented in any fighting game with a playable character.

Wasn't aware of that, im not much of a MH fan really but i thought the franchise was to big to not be in.

Change the MH rep for Ershin from Breath of Fire 4.

I'm far from an authority on the topic, but I'm fairly confident that the Monster Hunter situation is being misconstrued. As far as I'm aware, this is the only word we have on the topic, and what it says is that when the MvC3 team approached the MonHun team with a proposal to add the Hunter as a playable character, they said that they did not like the idea of a single Hunter representing the series due to being a customizable character who lacks any certain identity. Monster Hunter has appeared in lots of crossover material since, including a card in UMvC3, several mobile crossovers like Street Fighter x All Capcom and Minna to Capcom All Stars, and the upcoming Worlds Unite, all of which use characters other than a Hunter. The MvC team didn't propose another Monster Hunter character as a follow up, so we really don't how they'd feel about adding a Felyne or a monster.

Very different than the Pokemon situation, which actually involves having to go through other companies due to Nintendo not holding exclusive rights.

Neoxon

I'm far from an authority on the topic, but I'm fairly confident that the Monster Hunter situation is being misconstrued. As far as I'm aware, this is the only word we have on the topic, and what it says is that when the MvC3 team approached the MonHun team with a proposal to add the Hunter as a playable character, they said that they did not like the idea of a single Hunter representing the series due to being a customizable character who lacks any certain identity. Monster Hunter has appeared in lots of crossover material since, including a card in UMvC3, several mobile crossovers like Street Fighter x All Capcom and Minna to Capcom All Stars, and the upcoming Worlds Unite, all of which use characters other than a Hunter. The MvC team didn't propose another Monster Hunter character as a follow up, so we really don't how they'd feel about adding a Felyne or a monster.

Very different than the Pokemon situation, which actually involves having to go through other companies due to Nintendo not holding exclusive rights.
So what you're saying is that it's just the Hunter that the MH team doesn't want playable, but they're cool with anyone else. So for example, they could add Felyne without pissing off anyone on the Monster Hunter side of things?

So what you're saying is that it's just the Hunter that the MH team doesn't want playable, but they're cool with anyone else.

Shrug, I can only take the information I have available and draw conclusions from there. If it's true that they don't want to be represented in crossovers, having a Felyne in Street Fighter x All Capcom or Gore Magala in Worlds Unite doesn't really go along with that. Maybe it really is a particular distinction for a fighting game character, but that just sounds bizarrely specific and arbitrary. It being specific to a Hunter sounds much more likely to me, personally, but it's all speculation in the end.

Maggots

Banned
I want Basically MvC
but replace all marvel characters with Nintendo characters... same gameplay... (with a little nintendo flair) and if megaman isnt in it FORGET IT

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
No pokemon due to that rumor that the Pokemon company doesnt let them use them outside of smash.

does the pokemon company/gamefreak really have that much power over pokemon? i always assumed nintendo gets the final say in games and everything else was gamefreak/pokemon company.

PSqueak

Banned
does the pokemon company/gamefreak really have that much power over pokemon? i always assumed nintendo gets the final say in games and everything else was gamefreak/pokemon company.

Well, they exist exclusively to manage brand image, so yeah, nintendo basically allow them to exist for them to say "no, that shit won't fly with pokemon!"

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
Well, they exist exclusively to manage brand image, so yeah, nintendo basically allow them to exist for them to say "no, that shit won't fly with pokemon!"

so lets say hypothetically in the new star fox game, the developers want to put a small cameo of a pokemon planet, its not important or anything, its like that planet scanning thing from mass effect 3 except it comes along with some images of said planet. this planet's images look extremely similar to locations in pokemon one even containing an alien animal that is nearly a 1:1 to pikachu. the pokemon company has the power to flat out tell Miyamoto to go to hell and take that out of the game? thats just really bizarre to me.

Fandangox

Even though Pokken...

Pokken is stritctly the pokemon IP on itself, kind of like how Hyrule Warriors wasn't really a crossover of DW and Zelda characters (gameplay was very similar though)

While pokemon did cross with KOEI's Samurai Warrior characters directly, its possible that they don't have the same rules for crossing content over non-nintendo IPS.

Pokemon has only crossed over with other Nintendo IPs in smash.

They were not in Nintendo Land. Pokemon Amiibos only work on Smash (i.e no outfits or pokemon content in any other game). Not even the Great Cave offensive had references to Pokemon and that references stuff like F-Zero, Mother, and Fire Emblem.

Neoxon

so lets say hypothetically in the new star fox game, the developers want to put a small cameo of a pokemon planet, its not important or anything, its like that planet scanning thing from mass effect 3 except it comes along with some images of said planet. this planet's images look extremely similar to locations in pokemon one even containing an alien animal that is nearly a 1:1 to pikachu. the pokemon company has the power to flat out tell Miyamoto to go to hell and take that out of the game? thats just really bizarre to me.
It's also the reason why we don't see Pokémon Mii costumes in Mario Kart 8 or a Pokémon minigame in Nintendo Land. The Pokémon Company can be super-anal about how their franchise is represented, hence why they've only allowed Pokémon to cross over through Smash (& even then, Sakurai has to consult with TPC on which characters to use).

Not even the Great Cave offensive had references to Pokemon and that references stuff like F-Zero, Mother, and Fire Emblem.

uhhh... i'm pretty sure there's a good reason for that lol

edit: ah, i see that ultra changed some to cameos from more recent series like animal crossing. i revoke my dumb joke!

Growlie19

Let's start of conservatively then go from there. Say, 16 per side to start:

Nintendo:
Mario
Bowser
Wario
Yoshi
Link
Ganondorf
Kirby
King Dedede
Pikachu
Lucario
Fox
Captain Falcon
Samus
Ness
Pit
Marth

Capcom:
Ryu
Chun-Li
Akuma
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Mega Man Classic
Zero
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Frank West
Phoenix Wright
Morrigan
Arthur
Firebrand
Haggar
Spencer

Now Let's Go Crazy! 10 more for each side!

Luigi
Peach
Hawlucha (think Ken the Eagle with a bit of El Fuerte)
Zelda
Metaknight
Robin
Ridley (with Sentinel and Nemesis, too big is no problem)
Hades (a funnier Dormammu)
Inkling
Wonder Red

Alex
Dr. Wily (with robot master summons)
Yami (Capcom's big guy to counter Ridley)
Batsu
Soki
Cody
Wesker
Captain Commando
Von Karma
Hsien Ko

Edit: In the event of no Pokémon, then replace them with Lucas, Ike, and Waluigi. Hawlucha will get its chance another day, I suppose. :(

Mesoian

16 and 16 year?

Nintendo:

Mario w. Stance change hypers (Luigi/Wario/WaLuigi)
Samus
Zelda
Link
Kirby
Villager
Inkling
Mona/Ashley/VR gimmick team
Bowser
Ganondorf
Olimar
Mew/Mewtwo puppet team
Bowser Jr/Koopa Kids
Captain Falcon
Malo (Pushmo/Stretchmo)
Ridley

Capcom:

Ryu w. Stance Change hyper (Ken/Akuma/Gokuen)
Chun Li
X
Tron Bonne
Arthur
Hsien Ko (but actually make her fast like like darkstalkers)
Morrigan
Jedda
Pheonix Wright
Alex
Zangief
Sherry (With MvsC2 jill's moveset)
Wayne (Lost Planet 1)
Mercedes (Dragon's Dogma)
Cats from Monster Hunter
Virgil

Neoxon

Apparently the Monster Hunter controversy was over the Hunter rather than the franchise as a whole. I edited my roster accordingly. But given how The Pokémon Company is about crossovers outside of Smash, I left out any Pokémon representation from my guess.

CAPCOM
  1. Mega Man (Mega Man, Classic ver.)*
  2. Zero (Mega Man X)
  3. Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)
  4. Ryu (Street Fighter, SFV ver.)
  5. Chun-Li (Street Fighter, SFV ver.)
  6. M. Bison* (Street Fighter, SFV ver.)
  7. Akuma (Street Fighter, Inevitable SFV ver.)
  8. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney, Dual Destinies ver.)
  9. Franziska von Karma* (Ace Attorney)
  10. Leon S. Kennedy* (Resident Evil, RE4 ver.)
  11. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil, Revelations ver., plays more like her MvC2 self)***
  12. Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
  13. Amaterasu (Okami)
  14. Dante (Devil May Cry, DMC4 ver.)
  15. Vergil (Devil May Cry, DMC4 ver.)
  16. Strider Hiryu (Strider, MvC ver.)
  17. Frank West (Dead Rising, plays like he did in UMvC3)
  18. Arthur (Ghost & Goblins)
  19. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
  20. Asura* (Asura's Wrath)
  21. Felyne* (Monster Hunter)
  22. Mike Haggar (Final Fight, FF1 ver.)

NINTENDO
  1. Mario (Super Mario)
  2. Luigi (Super Mario)
  3. Peach (Super Mario)
  4. Bowser (Super Mario)
  5. Yoshi (Yoshi)
  6. Wario (WarioWare Inc.)
  7. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
  8. Link (The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess ver.)
  9. Zelda (The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess ver., can transform into Sheik)
  10. Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess ver.)
  11. Samus (Metroid, Modified Other M ver. seen in Smash 4...or Prime ver.)
  12. Kirby (Kirby)
  13. Marth (Fire Emblem, Shadow Dragon ver.)
  14. Pit (Kid Icarus, Uprising ver.)
  15. Fox (Star Fox, Brawl/SSB4 ver.)
  16. Captain Falcon (F-Zero, Smash ver.)
  17. Ness (Earthbound/Mother)
  18. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!!, Wii ver.)
  19. Olimar (Pikmin)
  20. Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
  21. Inkling** (Splatoon, Orange Female as Default)
  22. Wonder Red** (The Wonderful 101)

* = Not in UMvC3
** = Not in Smash (at the time of this post)
*** = Was in UMvC3, but played differently than suggested

ZdkDzk

Capcom
- Sean
- Alex
- Akira (Rival Schools)
- Wild Card (x14)

Nintendo
- Shulk
- Wonder Red
- Samus
- Wild Card (x13)

Honestly, I'd rather just get Sega vs Capcom. I don't really care about most of Capcom's non-fighting game characters (being in a fighting game), and most of Nintendo's are only interesting to me in the context of smash.

Zubz

Banned
I'm so glad that this conversation's blown up considerably.

Keeping to a 20 v 20 roster, and assuming that RE, DMC, MH, Pokemon, & Mother characters can't get in, here's what I'd want to see in an NvC:

Nintendo:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Kirby
Samus
Ridley (Assuming this is a 2D fighter, it can easily work. I mean, we live in a post-Big Band world; Ridley's fine)
Donkey Kong
Pit
Marth
Lucina/if rep
Captain Falcon
Fox
Yoshi
Olimar
Wonder Red
Inkling

Capcom:
Ryu
Chun-Li
M. Bison/Dictator
Mega Man (Classic)
Zero
Dr. Wily (In a large mech to counteract Ridley)
Phoenix Wright
Franziska von Karma
Nathan "Rad' Spencer
Strider Hiryu
Arthur
Morrigan Aensland
Viewtiful Joe
Amateratsu
Gene
Mike Haggar
Frank West
Date Masamune
Falcon
Sissel

... With the final boss being a Master Core-possessed Ruby Heart. I know the chances are low, between Smash 4 already being on the Wii U and Pokken being a likely port. However, the two are close, and all of Capcom's previous crossovers were either flops, or with companies they can no longer work with. I'm sure Nintendo'd be open to the idea, especially because the only traditional fighting games on the Wii U are (the definitive version of) Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and the Street Fighter games on the Virtual Console, IIRC.

Would you want universal air-dashes? or would you want everyone to be specific to them like in MvC3?

What stages would you like to see?

How would you like the music to be handled?

Single/Tag? (2/3)/Skullgirls style?

Neoxon

Would you want universal air-dashes? or would you want everyone to be specific to them like in MvC3?

• I honestly don't care so long as the characters are balanced accordingly. Though I don't want cases like Doctor Strange where Marvel refused to let him have an air dash even though it would have helped him greatly in his viability.
  • We need stages for The Wonderful 101 & Splatoon, that's for sure. Plus an Okami stage to replace the cut one in UMvC3.
  • I'd prefer a theme for each character by Nintendo's sound team.
  • I honestly don't care which. Though the Skullgirls way of letting people choose would work just fine. If that's too much of a balancing hassle, then just go for 3v3 like MvC2 & 3.

Mesoian

-Character specific. Not everyone needs an airdash, not everyone needs a doublejump. Heros and Herald's mode in UMvsC3 is proof enough of that.

- 15 neutral stages, most not having too much to do with any one character. Lots of references in the background.

- Part of me wants it to be handled by Nintendo's inhouse team, the same one who did MK8, but honestly, I sort of want it to be silly and poppy, so leave it to capcom. Remixed character and stage themes.

- Skullgirls Style. Let people have choice. It might be a nightmare to balance but I really like having the option of choosing 1, 2 or 3 characters.

My Roster:

Nintendo

1. Mario
2. Luigi (Waluigi alt)
3. Peach ( Daisy/Rosalina alt)
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. Donkey Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda
9. Sheik
10. Ganondorf
11. Kirby
12. Ness
13. Marth (Roy or Lunica alt)
14. Samus
15. Fox (Falco or Wold alt)
16. Captain Falcon
17. Little Mac
18. Wonder Red
19. Inkling
20. Wario

Capcom

1. Ryu (Akuma/Evil Ryu alt)
2. Ken (Dan alt)
3. Chun Li
4. Dictator
5. Poison
6. Alex
7. Juri
8. X (classic already has smash)
9. Zero
10. Jill Valentine -Revelations-
11. DMC Dante
12. Amaterasu
13. Morrigan
14. Viewtiful Joe
15. Strider
16. Phoenix Wright
17. Haggar
18. Frank West
19. Captain Commando
20. Arthur

Left it at 40 to be semi conservative.

3 on 3 tag style preferably

PSqueak

Banned

Character specific Air dashes.

Around 15 unique stages and 1 training stage, 7 nintendo, 7 capcom and one stage that is the megaton punch arena from Kirby super star and the crowd has nintendo and capcom characters that didn't make it as playable. And i want a reimagining of the Wily fortress stage in MvC1

Music should be handled like MVC3, character themes but with the option to use stage themes 2. However, unlike the dynamic stage music in MVC3, it would be like smash bros, if you turn off character themes, it would play a random series appropiate song from a list associated to the stage.

Game definitely has to be tag, i want it to basically run in the same system/engine as MVC3 but 2vs2 is fine too.

-Horizon-

The only VS game I want is a Fire Emblem fighter by Arc System Works. You will get yours once mine has become a reality! D:<

tribal24

Banned
2 v 2 about 25-30 characters, megaman has to be in. If no pokemon as a fighter put in ash with a mechanic like jill in mvc2.

Neoxon

2 v 2 about 25-30 characters, megaman has to be in. If no pokemon as a fighter put in ash with a mechanic like jill in mvc2.
When we say that The Pokémon Company could potentially say no Pokémon in NvC, we mean nobody connected to the Pokémon franchise at all.

Platy

But WHAT megaman ?

aH40aaW.jpg

Fandangox

I don't mind either way.

Nintendo:

Glitz Pits (Paper Mario)

Hyrule Fields (Zelda series)

Sword Valley, with Mechon and Soldiers fighting in the background (Xenoblade)

Blossom city with huge robots battles in the background (Wonderful 101)

DK Island (Donkey Kong)

Either Mute City streets as seen in the cutscenes from GX, or a psedo moving stage (only the background would move) that makes it look like the characters are fighting on the F-Zero machines. (F-Zero)

Mushroom Kingdom (Mario Series)

Kirby's dream land (Kirby series)

Capcom:

Chun Li's classic stage, but with cameos of both companies, like if Phoenix isnt playable, he'd be the one riding the bike. Or wario and co eating at the restaurant.

Court (Ace Attorney)

Wily's Castle (Mega Man)

Spencer's Mansion (Resident Evil)

BY ACE+

IMAGINE

An option for both would be fine, but I am used to all Vs games being tag so really wouldn't mind if there wasn't an option for single.

Evilisk

If my memory served me correct, UMvC3 Frank West was the superior one as far as tournament viability & fun goes. TvC Frank was relatively low-tier in his game.
UMVC3 Frank is definitely better than TVC Frank in terms of tier

But the camera mechanic and levelling up is lame af and so is Frank stealing Chuck's paddlesaws. And he doesn't have the best super ever (baseball bat super)

For me TVC Frank >>> UMVC3 Frank

Neoxon

UMVC3 Frank is definitely better than TVC Frank in terms of tier

But the camera mechanic and levelling up is lame af and so is Frank stealing Chuck's paddlesaws. And he doesn't have the best super ever (baseball bat super)

For me TVC Frank >>> UMVC3 Frank
UMvC3 Frank is also voiced by the original VA, so that's another plus on UMvC3 Frank's chart. I honestly don't see why UMvC3 Frank gets so much hate. The camera mechanic makes sense given the game that he comes from, & it's not like Chuck is gonna be playable anytime soon.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
It's also the reason why we don't see Pokémon Mii costumes in Mario Kart 8 or a Pokémon minigame in Nintendo Land. The Pokémon Company can be super-anal about how their franchise is represented, hence why they've only allowed Pokémon to cross over through Smash (& even then, Sakurai has to consult with TPC on which characters to use).

man, screw that. get rid of the pokemon company. don't tell me what i can and can't do with my own god damn ip! I want more pokemon crossovers.

Well for one, I would be glad that Capcom is finally developing a new Wii U title after nearly 2 years since the HD port of RE Revelations.

Wouldn't really mind the simplified 3-button layout used for TvC and MvC3. Not sure if it would be a good idea to go with the Skullgirls method of choosing either 3 vs 3, 2 vs 3, 1 vs 3, etc., depending on how the Wii U can manage it.

In regards to gamepad use, I could only see off-TV play being an option. Maybe touch control shortcuts, like in SSF4 3D Edition? Although I could see those being gamebreakers, so I would at least want it left out in ranked match but in the case of lobbies, you can set it up whether to allow it or not.

And would like to make a character wishlist, but I would just sit back and see what surfaces.

leroidys

I paired up every single character so that my roster wouldn&#8217;t be too lopsided as I wrote it, and also to ensure that I still used a lot of fucking weird characters. I mostly stuck with other people&#8217;s assumptions of no guns, no pokemon, no monster hunter. I really focused on characters that don&#8217;t get enough love. Yeah there&#8217;s no Link or Ryu, but they&#8217;re doing just fine right now.

Mega Man (Mega Man) | Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
boai4zx.jpg

3HV0spK.png

Rock, Paper, fight!

Zero
best version
(Mega Man Zero) | Masked Man (Mother 3)

4UDf9QP.jpg

u1GBiUt.gif

Swords and Lasers. Swords and Lasers.

Apollo Justice (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney) | Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven Gold)
6ssyWKo.jpg

4SV3rzy.png

Ahhh!
---Ahhhh!
-------Ahhhh-OBJECTION!

Arthur (Ghosts &#8216;n Goblins) | Pit (Kid Icarus)
Ksc7nIw.png

G8DIduJ.png

Masochistic Mascots face off.

Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe) | Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
igs5Qdt.jpg

RPWOQ3s.png

Too obvious.

Ryu (Breath of Fire) | Isaac (Golden Sun)

nk9YdLd.png

VjfH0MD.jpg

Zack & Wiki (Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbados&#8217; Treasure) | Tom nook (Animal Crossing)
rVNoVmf.png

zaAr6oA.jpg

One has a furry friend who&#8217;s a magic-bell, one is a furry fiend who makes mad bells.

Sissel (Ghost Trick Phantom Detective) | Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk: Room 215)
iYXln5d.png

Vsoq6lC.png

Dr. Sissel and Mr. Hyde.

Bren Turner (Ex Troopers JPN) | Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth)
Uemrywq.jpg

hDIPAO3.png

Nemo (Little Nemo in Dreamland) | Prince Sable (For Whom the Frog Tolls JPN)

pMbwN7e.png

pqsGKpz.png

Sonson (Sonson) | Game & Watch (Ball)
arRhMZS.png

09HTygv.png

Michelle Heart (Legendary Wings JPN) | Samus (Metroid)

XalV8wK.png

KIf8lLm.png

Space Bod World Championships 1986.

Nobunaga ( Onimusha Tactics) | Vaati (The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap)
Da62jjP.png

YEH3B9S.png

Evil semi-historical Wizard vs. Some dude from Japan.

Mike Haggar (Final Fight) | Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong Jr.)
fR3Inxe.png

IBlRTLK.png

The true match of the millennium- onesie vs. overalls FIGHT.

Guile (Street Fighter II) | Sami (Advance Wars)
qzcBkPa.jpg

JUvTtjU.jpg

Tron Bonne (Mega Man 64) | Tetra (The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker)
iIqFCpZ.png

JWbpLuw.png

Strider Hiryu (Strider) | Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
neIWhZg.jpg

Kc0hjNH.png

Bass.EXE (Mega Man Battle Network) | Black Knight (Fire Emblem Path of Radiance)
qIrb7s0.png

eaZyKtU.jpg

Chibiterasu & Kuni (Okamiden) | Tingle & Barkle
9PlJfwo.jpg

4xSSqc5.png

Gambit

love some of the choices in the previous post. Though it's unthinkable that Luigi, Peach and Rosalina would not get in.

In any case, I think I'd want this hypothetical game to have Power Stone-like gameplay. Nintendo characters just fit into a more chaotic, party-fighter. Power Stone would make it Smash Bros in 3D basically.

leroidys

love some of the choices in the previous post. Though it's unthinkable that Luigi, Peach and Rosalina would not get in.

In any case, I think I'd want this hypothetical game to have Power Stone-like gameplay. Nintendo characters just fit into a more chaotic, party-fighter. Power Stone would make it Smash Bros in 3D basically.

Thanks! I originally had Peach opposite Tron, but Tetra was just too perfect. Also was thinking about E Honda vs Wario but was too lazy to find pictures that had them posing similarly. In reality a crossover would be Mario and Pokemon vs SF more or less, but a boy can dream :)

Neoxon

I modified my list yet again to show which version of Nintendo characters I mean. Since it's on the same page, just scroll up to see the edits.

I think an interesting way to take list warz would be to discuss what each character in a roster brings to the table. For instance, Tingle could have a tandem system where he can summon bodyguards who do the bulk of the damage (kind of like how Phoenix Wright building up stuff in UMvC3). Little Mac could also be more counter-based - while he would have decent power, his true power would be based on punishing.

PSqueak

Banned
UMvC3 Frank is also voiced by the original VA, so that's another plus on UMvC3 Frank's chart. I honestly don't see why UMvC3 Frank gets so much hate. The camera mechanic makes sense given the game that he comes from, & it's not like Chuck is gonna be playable anytime soon.

This, also it's very well built into his combos, hell if i recall correctly, the camera is OTG and allows to extend combos, a good Frank player can level up to max in 1 or 2 combos.

I think an interesting way to take list warz would be to discuss what each character in a roster brings to the table. For instance, Tingle could have a tandem system where he can summon bodyguards who do the bulk of the damage (kind of like how Phoenix Wright building up stuff in UMvC3). Little Mac could also be more counter-based - while he would have decent power, his true power would be based on punishing.

Also in the spirit of this, how about pre round banter too?

[Viewtiful Joe vs Wonder Red]

Joe: "Cool! are you a hero too? there is something...WONDERFUL about you!"

Wonder Red: "That pose...! You remind me of one of my team mates, he too is VIEWTIFUL"

McNum

I paired up every single character so that my roster wouldn’t be too lopsided as I wrote it, and also to ensure that I still used a lot of fucking weird characters. I mostly stuck with other people’s assumptions of no guns, no pokemon, no monster hunter. I really focused on characters that don’t get enough love. Yeah there’s no Link or Ryu, but they’re doing just fine right now.

You have the Black Knight. I can totally respect having the Black Knight. How would you even make him? I kind of see him as pulling a War Machine, or who it was... Can't block, has Hyper Armor and a ton of health. Not sure if it would be good, but he needs to be unstoppable when he starts moving.

Also in the spirit of this, how about pre round banter too?

[Viewtiful Joe vs Wonder Red]

Joe: "Cool! are you a hero too? there is something...WONDERFUL about you!"

Wonder Red: "That pose...! You remind me of one of my team mates, he too is VIEWTIFUL"
You know that Wonder Red would be able to recite Joe's resume offhand.

"Why if it isn't the Red Hot Hero from Movieland, wielder of the V-Watch, Viewtiful JOE! It's an honor to meet you."

I mean that's his thing in W101.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I paired up every single character so that my roster wouldn’t be too lopsided as I wrote it, and also to ensure that I still used a lot of fucking weird characters. I mostly stuck with other people’s assumptions of no guns, no pokemon, no monster hunter. I really focused on characters that don’t get enough love. Yeah there’s no Link or Ryu, but they’re doing just fine right now.

Just wanted to show my appreciation for such a great list :)

Neoxon

I paired up every single character so that my roster wouldn&#8217;t be too lopsided as I wrote it, and also to ensure that I still used a lot of fucking weird characters. I mostly stuck with other people&#8217;s assumptions of no guns, no pokemon, no monster hunter. I really focused on characters that don&#8217;t get enough love. Yeah there&#8217;s no Link or Ryu, but they&#8217;re doing just fine right now.
You really dug deep with that list.

This, also it's very well built into his combos, hell if i recall correctly, the camera is OTG and allows to extend combos, a good Frank player can level up to max in 1 or 2 combos.
I think it did, but my copy of UMvC3 is back home so I can't check. I had a pocket Frank West in Mahvel & I do recall the camera doing an OTG before I go for a Hyper.

PSqueak

Banned
You know that Wonder Red would be able to recite Joe's resume offhand.

"Why if it isn't the Red Hot Hero from Movieland, wielder of the V-Watch, Viewtiful JOE! It's an honor to meet you."

I mean that's his thing in W101.

I like your idea better, the Poseman reference line could be used as Wonder Red's victory screen win quote against Joe.

Top Bottom