• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hypothetical: Say Nintendo Vs Capcom Becomes A Reality...

The amiibo for this game...
If Capcom made a sizable profit off of a share from that money, you guys better be prepared for more and more Nintendo + other company partnerships

Beth Cyra

I don't want to speak for other people, so I hope no one takes this to mean "oh you don't have a real opinion", but I have to wonder how many people started thinking so highly of Zero after Egoraptor bumped him up. I mean I can see Zero being pretty popular before it, but a lot of people get a lot of their opinions from YT people. :v For instance, I didn't consider giving Castlevania on NES a chance until Egoraptor explained what made it great.
Maybe that added to it.

However there was a real element to what he said with Zero being badass and X needing to be like it. In fact at one time I liked Zero more then X for this very reason. However after they sank the entire story to and force his badass self into the lead and literally locked X because X wanted a peaceful co existence and essentially gave up for a while, something X wouldn't do mind I quickly learned that I hated Zero because Inafune was like my 12 year old self but actually forced the change that never should have happened.

If Capcom made a sizable profit off of a share from that money, you guys better be prepared for more and more Nintendo + other company partnerships

Oh gosh

I want these Amiibo

Franziska von Karma
Arthur
Phoenix Wright
Zack & Wiki
Nina
Sissel & Missile
Dr. Wily
Tron Bonne

Hnnng

Crayolan

Need more obscure characters on these lists. Where's Doshin the Giant?

Ultimate Nintendo Roster:

1. Mr. Game & Watch
2. Ice Climbers
3. Ninten
4. Doshin the Giant
5. Mach Rider
6. Balloon Fighter
7. Excitebiker
8. Ray MK II
9. Heririn
10. Bubbles
11. Lip
12. Takamaru
13. Donbe & Hikari
14. Ayumi Tachibana
15. Devil
16. Prince of Sable
17. Captain Rainbow
18. Frey
19. Starfy
20. Diskun

leroidys

Basically my two favorite companies in gaming history, but I'm not sure that I would even want this... I'd prefer Capcom vs Capcom honestly.

I just don't know how it would work. A MvC type traditional 2D fighter would be immensely unsatisfying to me as it would be such a poor format to emulate different nintendo character playstyles, but a smash-bros derivative would also seem odd and unlikely.

I'd rather see nintendo continue to get exclusive characters for their platforms into other fighting games. Samus/ZSS in Dead or Alive, Link in Soul Calibur, Lucario (or someone) in Tekken, Shulk in Guilty Gear, etc., etc.,

I'd still take Nintendo Vs Capcom in a heartbeat though. It'd probably be fucking awesome.

Nanashrew

Banned

Amiibo support would be glorious, especially if they allow you to spar with them like in Smash.

Azure J

Ultimate Nintendo Roster:

1. Mr. Game & Watch
2. Ice Climbers
3. Ninten
4. Doshin the Giant
5. Mach Rider
6. Balloon Fighter
7. Excitebiker
8. Ray MK II
9. Heririn
10. Bubbles
11. Lip
12. Takamaru
13. Donbe & Hikari
14. Ayumi Tachibana
15. Devil
16. Prince of Sable
17. Captain Rainbow
18. Frey
19. Starfy
20. Diskun

Needs more Mike Jones + Mica as a tag character. :p

Neiteio

For a more oddball (but still deserving) Zelda character, I think Koume & Kotake would be amazing. They could be a flying character like MODOK in MvC3. I can picture them double-teaming their foe with volleys of fire and ice, whirlwinds, etc. And with enough meter they could become Twinrova for a limited period of time.

noqtic

Capcom:
1. Ryu (ken alt)
2. Juri (screw chunli)
3. Balrog or Dudley
4. Viewtful Joe
5. Ametarasu
6. Dante (New gen for the lolz)
7. Wesker
8. X
9. Zero
10. Ran Hibiki (Rival Schools)
12. Kyosuke
13. Morrigan
14. Hsien-ko
15. Nathan Spencer
16. Jin Saotome
17. Asura
18. Hayato
19. Strider Hiryu
20. Phoenix Wright (for good measure)

Nintendo:
1. Mario
2. Link
3. Samus (Other M Style)
4. Little Mac
5. Wonder Red
6. Captain Falcon
7. Fox
8. Sheik (cause she's a ninja)
9. Donkey Kong
10. Pit
11. Lucas
12. Mewtwo (or Lucario, or Blaziken, somebody)
13. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
14. Kirby
15. Saki Amamiya
16. Lucina
17. Ness
18. Kalas or Guillo (Baten Kaitos series)
19. Custom Robo rep
20. Rosalina and Luma

Didn't want to add multiple characters from one series (Mario and Zelda excluded)

For a more oddball (but still deserving) Zelda character, I think Koume & Kotake would be amazing. They could be a flying character like MODOK in MvC3. I can picture them double-teaming their foe with volleys of fire and ice, whirlwinds, etc. And with enough meter they could become Twinrova for a limited period of time.

Heh, that'd be pretty cool.

What I really hate is how limited it all is - I kind of wish that we could straight up get like, 100 characters, with 50 from each side. It's entirely unrealistic, but it gives more opportunities for Nintendo to grab the core Smash characters and then add some new and interesting characters. That would be my one issue with NvC, is that Nintendo would probably play it safe.

Neiteio

They seem to pick interesting characters for these games. I don't think they'd just clone the Smash roster. I think on the Nintendo side, half of the characters would be what you'd expect -- Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Samus, etc -- and the other half would be "oddball" picks like Waluigi, Ridley, Koume & Kotake, etc. If UMvC3 is any indication, they like to mix it up here and there.

Nanashrew

Banned
I think to fit every possible character into the game we may need to think about assist characters like Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.

Neoxon

I think to fit every possible character into the game we may need to think about assist characters like Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.
I could see franchises like Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, Sin & Punishment, and more getting representation through that. Maybe The Wonderful 101 as well (unfortunately, as much as I'd want Wonder Red to be playable). At least Xenoblade & Splatoon have the benefit of being Nintendo's newest darling franchises that they want to push.

JediLink

This is never happening and is not worth thinking or hoping about. We should be posting Capcom vs
Shonen Jump
speculation instead.

As long as Eighting doesn't design it [TVC &U/MVC3].

Matter infact in order to keep me from being disappointed, if it's designed like an advanced Power Stone, I wouldn't be disappointed, it's accessible to keep me from getting pissed.

As for roster, I don't really care man. Just include Captain Commando, Jin Saotome, Lou and Shiba for Capcom.

Balloon Fighter, Aeron, Zael, Young Cricket, and Kyle Hyde for Nintendo side.

Ryu [BOF2]
Impa

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I pretty much mentioned it before, but I really don't want any half step games. Capcom should focus on its strengths and do a traditional tag fighter that way you get to play up the personalities and potential of each move set to their absolute zenith. I definitely do agree that it should aim to be far away from what Marvel 3 turned into, but it should still focus on having good movement and a great sense of visual impact.

I agree with this.

EDIT> I'll do 40 like everyone else. I think they'll leave room for more for the sequel. Also I'm presuming 2v2 like TvC.

Nintendo
1. Mario
2. Link
3. Samus
4. Shulk
5. Dankey Kang
6. Fox
7. Captain Falcon
8. Pit
9. Little Mac
10. Wonder Red
11. Takamaru
12. Jagen (Fire Emblem)
13. Kirby
14. Rosalina
15. Fawful (M&L)
16. Lucario
17. Ray Mk. II
18. Captain Syrup
19. Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
20. Ridley

Capcom
1. Ryu (Street Fighter)
2. Chun Li (SF2)
3. Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
4. Hayato Kanzaki (Star Gladiator)
5. C. Viper (SF4)
6. Vent/Aile (Megaman ZX)
7. Zero (Megaman Zero)
8. Phoenix Wright
9. Amaterasu (Okami)
10. William Birkin (Resident Evil 2)
11. Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
12. Vanessa Z. Schneider (P.N.03)
13. Arthur (Ghosts & Goblins)
14. Nero (DMC4)
15. Devilotte (Cyberbots)
16. Sonson
17. Saki (that quiz game)
18. Frank West (Dead Rising)
19. Ken (SF2010)
20. Rathalos (MH)

Ridley and Rathalos take up both character slots.

The final bosses are Satsui no Hado Ganon for Capcom characters, and Ganon-Possessed Akuma for the Nintendo characters.

smurfx

get some go again
i just want to use breath of fire characters and megaman. ideally this game would be capcom vs the world and they would invite characters from different series. my main team would be megaman, bomberman and bub from bubble bobble.

j.rob

I think if they make an NvC, it should be a mix of classic characters and oddball characters, much like UMvC3.

I've never been an advocate of Waluigi in Smash, but I can picture him working perfectly in a hypothetical NvC.

I can also picture Ridley working perfectly here. Take UMvC3's Firebrand and Sentinel and put 'em together.

EMERIL%20BAM%20crop.jpg

That sounds like the ultimate nightmare.
*Shudders*

A Nintendo Vs. Capcom game would preferably stay away from just regurgitating Smash's roster into a traditionally fighting-game set up and try and work in characters who otherwise won't be playable in Smash anytime soon for a variety of reasons... Admittedly it's hard to stray far away from Smash (or previous Vs. Capcom games) without feeling like you've left major characters out.

Going for 26 characters each side, 52 in total. Not very realistic, but whatever.

Nintendo
Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)
Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
Yoshi (Yoshi's Island)
Wario (Wario Land/Ware)
Cranky Kong (DKC but partially build his moveset around wacky DKArcade references)
Link (The Legend of Zelda)
Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
Ganon (The Legend of Zelda)
Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
Kirby (Kirby's Dreamland)
Pikachu (Pokemon)
Lucario (Pokemon)
Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon, trainer spawns a different Pokemon for every attack like a streamlined version of the Brawl character)
Fox (Star Fox)
Samus (Metroid)
Ridley (Metroid)
Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
Ness (Mother/Earthbound)
Marth (Fire Emblem)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Doc Lois (Punch-Out!!)
Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)
Inkling (Splatoon)
Lip the Fairy (Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack)

Capcom
Mega Man (Mega Man)
Roll (Mega Man)
Dr. Wily (Mega Man)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Sigma (Mega Man X)
Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Guile (Street Fighter)
M. Bison/Vega (Street Fighter)
Juri (Street Fighter)
Arthur (Ghouls n' Goblins)
Red Arremer/Firebrand (Ghouls n' Goblins/Gargoyle Quest)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil, give Jill her MvsC2 moveset which spawned different classic RE enemies)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Nina (Breath of Fire)
Some monster hunter fuck I don’t know
Mike Haggar (Final Fight)
Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright)
Bionic Commando (Bionic Command)
Sissel (Ghost Trick)
Zack & Wiki (Zack & Wiki)
Vanessa Z. Schneider (P.N.03)
Captain Commando (Captain Commando)

Another all star Nintendo fighting game is redundant. Wake me up when Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter becomes a thing.
I don't see how they can reach a decent compromise between having a Mortal Kombat game without fatalities and having the iconic and (somewhat) 'clean' Street Fighter cast getting brutally murdered that doesn't just disappoint everyone.

ElTopo

Banned
All we'd get is a Smash game with more Capcom characters. I don't see the appeal unless Capcom is the prime developer and makes it a more focused tournament game.

Evilisk

idk, even if it happened, the two characters I'd want to see (Baby Bonnie Hood and Sami) would still get cut off because of Nintendo's no guns rule. I guess if it were like TVC (read: if it had universal airdashes), it'd at least get my interest but the roster would have to be really good to get me to bite (actually, screw it, an airdashing Arthur would probably be more than enough for me lol)

Hey now, TvC is actually good. Too bad its foundation was ruined.

This. Has a way better Frank West as well

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wouldn't get your hopes up for the bolded if I were you. As for Mecha Akuma, he'll most likely be an alt for regular Akuma.

Okay, let not dictating other people how they made the list please? People can do whatever they want to do with their wish list.

Neoxon

Okay, let not dictating other people how they made the list please? People can do whatever they want to do with their wish list.
Fair enough, I'm just giving my 2 cents (which is pretty much all they're worth).

Which reminds me, you think The Pokémon Company will make an exception for this game if it happened like they did for Smash, or will they deny any Pokémon representation like they did for the other games (Mario Kart 8 Amiibos, Nintendo Land, etc.)?

idk, even if it happened, the two characters I'd want to see (Baby Bonnie Hood and Sami) would still get cut off because of Nintendo's no guns rule. I guess if it were like TVC (read: if it had universal airdashes), it'd at least get my interest but the roster would have to be really good to get me to bite (actually, screw it, an airdashing Arthur would probably be more than enough for me lol)

This. Has a way better Frank West as well
If my memory served me correct, UMvC3 Frank West was the superior one as far as tournament viability & fun goes. TvC Frank was relatively low-tier in his game.

Tregard

Soothsayer

The amiibos could tie-in to the WiiU exclusive revival of Mega Man Universe

I feel the roster on Nintendo's side should include more obscure characters that didn't make the cut in Smash, alongside the obvious few like Mario and Link.

Captain Rainbow and Waluigi, of course.

Neoxon

Maybe I should make this more broad. Keeping in mind The Pokémon Company's dislike of any non-Smash crossovers between Pokémon & the rest of Nintendo and the Monster Hunter dev team's dislike of any fighting game crossovers involving their characters, do you think we will see any Pokémon or Monster Hunter representation in NvC if it happened?

If you ask me, if this game ever happened, Pokkén would be like a consolation prize for the lack of Pokémon in this game.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Maybe I should make this more broad. Keeping in mind The Pokémon Company's dislike of any non-Smash crossovers between Pokémon & the rest of Nintendo and the Monster Hunter dev team's dislike of any fighting game crossovers involving their characters, do you think we will see any Pokémon or Monster Hunter representation in NvC if it happened?

Pokémon yes, I reckon you'd see Pikachu and Hitmonchan, I feel like with the likes of Pokken, The Pokémon Company are more open to the idea than they used to be. Monster Hunter, not so much.

This is tricky. In usual Capcom games, the small characters are fast, hard to hit and weak, yet in Smash small characters like Pikachu and Kirby and rescaled so they're more equal.

I can see them doing something where they all the characters are more SD/chibi. That way Ryu doesn't look so much taller than Mario and more importantly, they can have characters like Pikachu and Kirby on equal footing and not like a VS Series joke character.

Neoxon

Pokémon yes, I reckon you'd see Pikachu and Hitmonchan, I feel like with the likes of Pokken, The Pokémon Company are more open to the idea than they used to be. Monster Hunter, not so much.
Except Pokkén only features Pokémon character, nobody else from any other Nintendo franchise. What The Pokémon Company are dicks about are crossovers with other Nintendo franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, The Wonderful 101, Splatoon, etc.) outside of Smash.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Except Pokkén only features Pokémon character, nobody else from any other Nintendo franchise. What The Pokémon Company are dicks about are crossovers with other Nintendo franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, The Wonderful 101, Splatoon, etc.) outside of Smash.

It's still a Tekken crossover is it not? Just Tekken with only Pokemon chracters. Unsure, I'd like to think they'd include one or two Pokemon characters.

Maybe they'll release Pokemon Vs Pokkén built on the Nintendo Vs Capcom engine the year after? :p

Neoxon

It's still a Tekken crossover is it not? Just Tekken with only Pokemon chracters. Unsure, I'd like to think they'd include one or two Pokemon characters.

Maybe they'll release Pokemon Vs Pokkén built on the Nintendo Vs Capcom engine the year after? :p
It'd be a crossover if it had Tekken characters. It's only a crossover in concept, not in actual characters. Plus the game apparently doesn't play a whole lot like Tekken outside of the close-up combat.

I don't see how they can reach a decent compromise between having a Mortal Kombat game without fatalities and having the iconic and (somewhat) 'clean' Street Fighter cast getting brutally murdered that doesn't just disappoint everyone.

Simple, Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat x Street Fighter.

PSqueak

Banned
My Roster...

Capcom:

1.-Ryu
2.-Chun Li
3.-Nemesis
4.-Felicia
5.-Morrigan
6.-Viewtiful Joe
7.-Frank West
8.-Amaterasu
9.-Arthur
10.-Zack & Wiki
11.-Megaman (classic)
12.-Tron Bonne
13.-Zero
14.-Roll (TVC version)
15.-Captain Commando
16.-Falcon/Fokker
17.-Phoenix Wright
18.-Gene
19.-Spencer (re-armed/retro version but with the MVC3 moves)
20.-Monster Hunter Rep

Nintendo:
1.-Mario
2.-Peach
3.-Bowser
4.-Link
5.-Zelda/Sheik
6.-Ganondorf
7.-Wario
8.-Donkey Kong
9.-Captain Falcon
10.-Samus
11.-Ridley
12.-Fox
13.-Little Mac
14.-Shulk
15.-Wii Fit Trainer
16.-Ness
17.- Flint or Duster
18.-Wonder Red
19.-Urban Champion
20.-Captain Rainbow

Final Boss: NME/Nightmare from the Kirby series.

No pokemon due to that rumor that the Pokemon company doesnt let them use them outside of smash.

It's dumb to crossover SF with Mortal Kombat in a conceptual level.

The only crossover between Capcom and Mortal Kombat would be Mortal Kombat vs Darkstalkers.

Hell, even in the games lore it would mnake sense, like, the Outworld realm declares war on Makai realm.

Darkstalkers didn't have fatalies as finishers, but all characters had moves that would slice enemies in a half (either vertical or horizontal) and if you won round 2 with such move, you'd actually kill your oponent and their corpse would stay sliced.

Same for some supers like Jedah's sould stealing contract super, if you finished your oponent with that move, it would stay splattered in blood into the contract.

It's not hard to modify some of these moves into fatalities, midnight bliss basically is a fatality already! Q-bee has that suicide super that turns the oponent into a cocoon where another Q-bee is born, that's also potentially a fatality, hell, Felicia's please help me could even work as a fatality, just have the other cat girls dismember the oponent!

Top Bottom