• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends: Toon Link playable, Wind Waker story content

sörine

Banned
With all the extra content I'm a little surprised Wii U isn't also seeing a Legends rerelease to capitalize on things. Although perhaps that's more Nintendo reigning in Koei's bad habits.

KingBroly

Banned
sörine;177938726 said:
With all the extra content I'm a little surprised Wii U isn't also seeing a Legends rerelease to capitalize on things. Although perhaps that's more Nintendo reigning in Koei's bad habits.

Every character in Legends unlocks in the Wii U version if you buy it, so...

Berordn

Now that we know there's story differences and they're being very hush on anything but the characters transferring over, it's probably time to let go of cross save.

SuomiDude

Have played over 134 hours of Hyrule Warriors on Wii U. Wonder if that version will get any new story mode content from the 3DS version? I'm a bit exhausted from the game, but a new story mode would make me buy some more content.

Why would there be anything to say about a feature that's obviously not gonna be included?

Why is it obvious? We know that both games can be linked together, so it's entirely feasible that they could read each other's saves. And as already pointed out, Hyrule Warriors has such a huge amount of content and required grinding, expecting players to start over or juggle two separate instances of it is insane.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Why is it obvious? We know that both games can be linked together, so it's entirely feasible that they could read each other's saves. And as already pointed out, Hyrule Warriors has such a huge amount of content and required grinding, expecting players to start over or juggle two separate instances of it is insane.

You mean like every Warriors game to date?

Razmos

Probably Tingle. He's in the base game now, is from multiple games, so he fits as a "base universe" character, and he was in Wind Waker.
That means including Tingle in the story mode as a hero though, he would feel totally at odds with the story and the other characters.

Like i'm struggling to think of a scenario of where Tingle joins the main party and they trust him to go and close a gate of souls by himself

Jackano

? No you're overly positive here. The two games will not be linked together, it's just a Club Nintendo (or whatever it will be) thing to allow you to have the characters in the Wii U version.

Cross save will not be easy, on 3DS at some point it was a legit question to ask if a retail game save and a eShop same game save would be compatible. Even required at some point the archive app.

Finally, we're not in NX era yet.

Red Hood

Banned
Sweet!

What about the rumored adult female Link?

293707-h1.jpg
If she's an adult then I'm a 23 year old elderly.

NeonZ

Toon Link not being playable in the story is weird, but I guess they wanted to keep the focus on original characters, and you already play as Link.

None of the Links of the other time periods were part of Hyrule Warriors' main story (well, they could be used as costumes, but they weren't part of the story). So, it's not really weird. In fact, Tetra is the first existing Zelda that apparently will be part of the story itself, so far only the Hyrule Warriors one had appeared too (and they even made her take the Sheik identity for little reason, rather than just making Sheik OoT Zelda).

You mean like every Warriors game to date?

The expansions obviously don't require that though. As far as we know this won't be a completely different game. Although I guess if the Adventure mode is redone/rebalanced, grinding again wouldn't be a big problem. However, if they just throw in the maps and level scale of the DLC Adventure maps here and expect people to level up through them again it could get very repetitive.

TheMoon

MH3 Ultimate did it on 3DS and Wii U, not on NX.
I'm not confident there will be a cross save option, but it's legit to hope/ask for .

MH3U was developed for both platforms at the same time with that very feature in mind. It's also a game about building your character.

HW is my most played game of all time. I have so many hours in that thing...haven't touched it since I completed the DLC but boy would I LOVE an expansion pack!

Balance some of the mechanics, add the new characters, most importantly though, we need new stages too!

Now that we know there's story differences and they're being very hush on anything but the characters transferring over, it's probably time to let go of cross save.
As true as it may be seeing the outcry in this thread of "no cross save no buy" this is going to be a huge mistake. Especially as the game already has some form of connectivity. MH3 did it via a seperate free app on the 3DS.

One might compare it to SSB (which really should have had shared custom moves unlocks but did not) but Hyrule Warriors is far worse when it comes to perfect weapons (needs to 5* tier 3 with 8 slots and the right skills, you can transfer skills on one at a time but I don't think you can delete unwanted skills) not to mention the whole master sword thing (get a stupid of kills to unseal it but only once you've unlocked all the weapons can you start this). Level 255 characters are mostly useless as most stages have attack stat caps anyway.

Now if they significantly cut down on the grindy parts* (I hear other Dynasty Warriors games have unlockable preset weapons which are close enough to perfect) I wouldn't mind but no way can you get me to otherwise play an improved version of the game (multiple characters and can switch).

*-Which I add is becoming too common in games these days.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My GOTY 2014 keeps getting better and better. Can't wait.

Ryce

This is great news -- I really wanted Toon Link. I'm hoping for Toon Zelda and Toon Ganondorf as well.

DrArchon

There better be a way to get this on the Wii U without buying the 3DS version. I have no desire to play a watered down version of Hyrule Warriors but this new content sounds dope.

Great news! I wonder what sort of moves Toon Link will use since the Wind Waker, Deku Leaf and Megaton Hammer are already parts of other character's movesets. Helmarock King is the obvious choice to represent Wind Waker's bosses. I hope he isn't a reskinned Argorok in terms of how you expose his weak point.

This is great news -- I really wanted Toon Link. I'm hoping for Toon Zelda and Toon Ganondorf as well.

I could see Tetra's Focus special transforming her into Toon Zelda similar to how Ghirahim transforms during his.

Kind of funny how the made up Smash names for Young and Toon Link are basically canon at this point.

You'd think they'd go with "Hero of Time" and "Hero of Winds" but nope, go with the Smash names lol

Kouriozan

They should give them for free for those who supported the game on Wii U and bought the season pass.
Or we'll need a beg thread :p

Damn, I wish we would be on NX gen already, the port would have been made in 5 sec. and both version would have the same content.

Jackano

MH3 Ultimate did it on 3DS and Wii U, not on NX.
I'm not confident there will be a cross save option, but it's legit to hope/ask for .

Good point, my bad, didn't knew it existed on MH3U. Still not confident to have the same thing in HW, nothing points towards it.

Mihos

Gold Member
This is my favorite WiiU game, I hope they add at least some cross functionality between the two. I will admit I hate the 3DS graphics and controls, but I am still getting this day one.

Platy

They should give them for free for those who supported the game on Wii U and bought the season pass.
Or we'll need a beg thread :p

Damn, I wish we would be on NX gen already, the port would have been made in 5 sec. and both version would have the same content.

Considering the support for updates this game has received ... It would not surprise me if it is free with the season pass

nubbe

I have 6 black squares in adventure mode still
and have not touched the other maps...

yet I have clocked nearly 100 hours.. plz

aj9eVFT.jpg

Mihos

Gold Member
I have 6 black squares in adventure mode still
and have not touched the other maps...

yet I have clocked nearly 100 hours.. plz

aj9eVFT.jpg

This is the same for me, so don't feel bad. Honestly, it is because I have a lot of Zant and the little bug girl stuff to clear, and I can't stand playing as them.

When my Dragon Quest Warriors preorder comes in, I don't know if I will be up for playing two of these types of games, so it may just remain an never ending hole in my life

Kinsei

Banned
Can you imagine having to start again with 22(+?) characters and a level 255 cap? torture.

That's what anyone who buys this game has to look forward to.

I wouldn;t be surprised if they raised the cap to 300+ and added a Wind Waker adventure map.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Good point, my bad, didn't knew it existed on MH3U. Still not confident to have the same thing in HW, nothing points towards it.

me too, I'm not confident. I was just saying that being able to transfer my Wii U save to the 3DS version would be great and would lead me toward the purchase of the 3DS version.
I don't know if the new maps and characters will be enough for me.

I mean, how is this even possible with Agitha?

WVW69iXbgP8j1SKjSA

By grinding her to level 90 and playing co-op lol. Oh, and ignore those Imprisoned. Just be thankful it wasn't an A-rank reward, in fact I believe it's the only C-rank Heart piece reward in the whole game.

Top Bottom