• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends: Toon Link playable, Wind Waker story content

Razmos

The scans are out there and available now.

Thing to note:
  • Toon Link uses a sword and shield, it looks like the sword is charged with lightning? He also uses a hammer in another picture
  • Helmaroc King boss
  • What looks like 3 different maps (combat maps, not adventure maps). Forsaken Fortress, Windfall Island and Dragon Roost Island
  • The standard mooks on those maps are the Miniblin
    200px-Miniblin.png

(please tell me they don't make the noises they do in Wind Waker. that x1000 would just be hell)
  • In one of the screenshots you can also make out another enemy which I don't recognize from Wind Waker. It carries a mace
  • Definitely the biggest thing here. The Wind Waker story content IS coming to the Wii U version. There are pictures of Tetra on Windfall Island in a Wii U cutscene, and another picture showing Dragon Roost Island and Forsaken Fortress. The scans officially label those pictures as being on the Wii U.
  • There also appears to be a new feature in the 3DS version revolving around Owl Statues.
  • And there is also a picture of Link playing the Golden Ocarina, seen at the end of one of the trailers. It's a new item!

Escalario

Banned
[*] Definitely the biggest thing here. The Wind Waker story content IS coming to the Wii U version. There are pictures of Tetra on Windfall Island in a Wii U cutscene, and another picture showing Dragon Roost Island and Forsaken Fortress. The scans officially label those pictures as being on the Wii U.

Crisis averted.

nubbe

Nyeh Na Nyeh Na Nyeh Na Nyeh Na Nyeh Na Nyeh Na Nyeh Na Nyeh Na

Hope they do season 2 pass

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Man, three new maps, new cinemas, three new characters, all sorts of new enemies. I am on board. Assuming they sell me this on the Wii U and it's not locked entirely behind some kind of cross-buy.

Not ready to spend another 300h in Hyrule Warriors.

I had to sell my Wii U copy because I couldn't stop playing it and I knew more content was on the way. :rip:

Ah, the enemy I couldn't recognize is the Big Blin from Spirit Tracks
260px-BigBlinST.png

I was hoping the minibosses would be Moblins, but okay :(
It seems Hyrule Warriors isn't willing to use the same enemy twice, even if they look different.

I'm thinking the Hammer Toon Link is using is a new item like the boomerange and such, one that you need to use on the Helmaroc King.

Kinsei

Banned
Ah, the enemy I couldn't recognize is the Big Blin from Spirit Tracks
260px-BigBlinST.png

I was hoping the minibosses would be Moblins, but okay :(

They probably didn't want the same monster in multiple art styles. Notice how there are no OoT Moblins, SS or TP Stalfos, TP Poes, etc in the game? It's also probably the same reason the WW mooks are Miniblins and not Bokoblins.

Gradon

Does requiring the 3DS version include a code or is it like connecting both versions wirelessly or something? I was thinking Club Nintendo but that's no longer around.

Free if you have the 3DS game or completely free?

I think it was free if you bought the 3DS game.

Does requiring the 3DS version include a code or is it like connecting both versions wirelessly or something? I was thinking Club Nintendo but that's no longer around.

There is supposed to be a new account system coming around soon, certainly before Q1 next year when this is scheduled to launch.

Razmos

It seems Hyrule Warriors isn't willing to use the same enemy twice, even if they look different..
They probably didn't want the same monster in multiple art styles. Notice how there are no OoT Moblins, SS or TP Stalfos, TP Poes, etc in the game? It's also probably the same reason the WW mooks are Miniblins and not Bokoblins.
Ah those are good points, I didn't consider that.

I'm thinking the Hammer Toon Link is using is a new item like the boomerange and such, one that you need to use on the Helmaroc King.
And yes! that sounds possible. It would make sense considering the hammer shown is a generic one that Toon Link never uses. It's upgraded version would be the Skull Hammer (I thought it was a missed opportunity that it wasn't one of Darunia's weapons)

rhandino

Banned
What looks like 3 different maps (combat maps, not adventure maps). Forsaken Fortress, Windfall Island and Dragon Roost Island

G6tfMBn.gif

Now, add a bunch of classic music and some more stages and then I would never play any other musou game ever... until Hyrule Warriors 2 launches.

SuomiDude

Thing to note:

[*] Definitely the biggest thing here. The Wind Waker story content IS coming to the Wii U version. There are pictures of Tetra on Windfall Island in a Wii U cutscene, and another picture showing Dragon Roost Island and Forsaken Fortress. The scans officially label those pictures as being on the Wii U.

YES! Wanted to see this news!

Three Wind Waker maps? Fuck yes. Wish they did Tower of the Gods, but the ones they picked are more than fine.

Isn't that mallet the one from ALTTP?

Litri

Thing to note:
  • Toon Link uses a sword and shield, it looks like the sword is charged with lightning? He also uses a hammer in another picture
  • Helmaroc King boss
  • What looks like 3 different maps (combat maps, not adventure maps). Forsaken Fortress, Windfall Island and Dragon Roost Island
  • The standard mooks on those maps are the Miniblin
    200px-Miniblin.png

(please tell me they don't make the noises they do in Wind Waker. that x1000 would just be hell)
  • In one of the screenshots you can also make out another enemy which I don't recognize from Wind Waker. It carries a mace
  • Definitely the biggest thing here. The Wind Waker story content IS coming to the Wii U version. There are pictures of Tetra on Windfall Island in a Wii U cutscene, and another picture showing Dragon Roost Island and Forsaken Fortress. The scans officially label those pictures as being on the Wii U.
  • There also appears to be a new feature in the 3DS version revolving around Owl Statues.
  • And there is also a picture of Link playing the Golden Ocarina, seen at the end of one of the trailers. It's a new item!

G-R-E-A-T

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So why even bother playing the 3DS version if everything's coming to WiiU as well?
(Yes, I understand you'll have to pick up a copy anyway)

NeonZ

So why even bother playing the 3DS version if everything's coming to WiiU as well?
(Yes, I understand you'll have to pick up a copy anyway)

The 3ds version allows you to switch between 3 characters in the battlefield, which I guess means that the Adventure mode stuff will have different challenges from the console one.

Berordn

And here I was only holding out hope for 2 maps on the 3DS version only.

Truly this is a great day, because none of us are ever going to play another game ever again.

Ever.

Razmos

Also keep in mind we don't have a designated villain for the Wind Waker content yet. So that might be yet another character.

Also also, note how Toon Link is NOT unlocked in story mode. So it stands to reason he is unlocked in another mode. Probably a Wind Waker adventure map.

Also also also, the inclusion of spirit tracks content (the Big Blin enemy) means there is a possiblity of a Conductor costume for Toon Link.

Ahhhh, I've missed the rampant speculation about this game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Only Wind Waker villain would be Ganon. It would be interesting to have I am Evil Incarnate Ganon and I kinda have a reason but I am still Evil Ganon.

If we are getting some enemies(mooks) from the Wind Waker spinoffs maybe we'll see Linebeck or a villain from those games.

I can see Byrne easily.

Razmos

From the Hyrule Warriors Subreddit:
There will be more unannounced characters: 彼ら以外にも、新キャラクターはまだまだ多数登場予定だ。 roughly translates to "To them even, a number of new characters have yet to appear." Them is referring to Tetra, the King of Red Lions, and Toon Link as they are discussed in the previous sentences. The sentence after goes on to further confirm that past DLC characters will also be included.

Also confirmation about the Golden Ocarina item, It IS a fast warp:
Translation from the top right paragraph on the 4th page: "When you blow the ocarina a huge tornado will whisk you away to a stone statue that you have examined before." The last part of the paragraph is a little confusing to me but I believe it states that it may become a necessity to use this travel method during time restricted missions.

Simbabbad

But in what form? Only if you buy the 3DS version, or DLC?

Razmos

But in what form? Only if you buy the 3DS version, or DLC?
Nobody knows. It probably will be available as standalone DLC though, there will probably just be a discount or it will be available for free if you have the 3DS version, like the Mewtwo promotion in Smash.

Oh man, do we have a date for all this new content yet? I need an excuse to go back to this game.
Apparently "Q1", so early next year.

I look forward to Hyrule Warriors being my GOTY for 2014, 2015 AND 2016, lol

El Odio

Banned
Nobody knows. It probably will be available as standalone DLC though, there will probably just be a discount or it will be available for free if you have the 3DS version, like the Mewtwo promotion in Smash.

Apparently "Q1", so early next year.

I look forward to Hyrule Warriors being my GOTY for 2014, 2015 AND 2016, lol
That feels so far away though! Here's hoping if the new WW content is DLC for the WiiU version they put out both at the same time, otherwise it's going to be way too easy to double dip.

Kinsei

Banned
Only Wind Waker villain would be Ganon. It would be interesting to have I am Evil Incarnate Ganon and I kinda have a reason but I am still Evil Ganon.

If we are getting some enemies(mooks) from the Wind Waker spinoffs maybe we'll see Linebeck or a villain from those games.

I can see Byrne easily.

I can't see WW Ganon being the villain of the WW levels. He uses dual swords just like HW Ganon and unlike say Toon Link or Young Link, he would have no unique traits to make him worthy of being his own character. I'm sure we'll get a Toon Ganon skin via the inevitable WW adventure map though.

I'd love to see possessed Linebeck as the villain (They're taking from ST so why not PH?). It would give us a phantom to play as while not having a third Zelda.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I can't see WW Ganon being the villain of the WW levels. He uses dual swords just like HW Ganon and unlike say Toon Link or Young Link, he would have no unique traits to make him worthy of being his own character. I'm sure we'll get a Toon Ganon skin via the inevitable WW adventure map though.

I'd love to see possessed Linebeck as the villain (They're taking from ST so why not PH?). It would give us a phantom to play as while not having a third Zelda.

And I really like Linebeck.

Who knows maybe they will throw Phantom Ganon at us.

Bladenic

Unless I somehow get a Wii U by then, definitely getting is, hopefully it runs well. Crazy to read how much content is in this game (too bad it sounds grindy though.)

Kinsei

Banned
Unless I somehow get a Wii U by then, definitely getting is, hopefully it runs well. Crazy to read how much content is in this game (too bad it sounds grindy though.)

Only Hero mode, fully upgrading the master sword, and the second DLC pack onwards is grindy. You can fully complete the story mode on hard, the first adventure map, the rewards adventure map, and the master quest adventure map without grinding for levels or materials.

Oh, man, the new stages and enemies really made my day! I can't wait to get back to Hyrule Warriors!

In fact, I really can't wait, I'll resume my efforts to clear the Master Quest map right now!!!

Kinsei

Banned
I wonder how adventure mode will work or what will be changed since there are 3 new maps based on Wind Waker?

I can't see them putting them in the pre-existing Adventure maps. They'll probably only be in the inevitable Wind Waker adventure map, the new rewards map stage(s), and of course if they do any more DLC packs.

Escalario

Banned
I wonder how adventure mode will work or what will be changed since there are 3 new maps based on Wind Waker?

I doubt they will change the old Adventure mode maps to add WW content. Those new stages will surely be used in the WW-based Adventure mode map only.

Top Bottom