• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends: Toon Link playable, Wind Waker story content

Ivan 3414

Kind of funny how the made up Smash names for Young and Toon Link are basically canon at this point.

You'd think they'd go with "Hero of Time" and "Hero of Winds" but nope, go with the Smash names lol

Smash affected canon(maybe?) for a couple other franchises as well. Like Captain Falcon's signature phrase is now "Show me your moves!" even though he's never actually said it in his franchise. It was even plastered on the Mute City track in MK8

Nia

I've clocked 400+ hours in this game and only fully completed one Adventure map. I have yet to get any character near 255 too. They're all fairly high level though. I'm always looking for a reason to play it again, which is why I want confirmation of The Wind Waker characters being sold as DLC. No way am I going to buy the same game again, especially a lesser version.

Smash affected canon(maybe?) for a couple other franchises as well. Like Captain Falcon's signature phrase is now "Show me your moves!" even though he's never actually said it in his franchise. It was even plastered on the Mute City track in MK8

This isn't even the first Smash reference in HW either. Ganondorf Warlock Punches an orb as one of his combos.

Kinsei

Banned
I've clocked 400+ hours in this game and only fully completed one Adventure map. I have yet to get any character near 255 too. They're all fairly high level though. I'm always looking for a reason to play it again, which is why I want confirmation of The Wind Waker characters being sold as DLC. No way am I going to buy the same game again, especially a lesser version.

A code comes with the 3DS version comes with a code to unlock the 3DS content in the Wii U version. I'm sure you can find someone on GAF with a 3DS but not a Wii U willing to sell you the code.

Fandangox

Plus stuff like Fox and Falco's reflectors being seen in their new character art.

Same, I spent a lot of time in this game, and still play it every now and then, but there's no way I'd buy it again and start all over. I'd just get the WW stuff separately.

Yeah I'm in a similar boat (no pun intended). Wind Waker content is super hype, but I have no interest in buying the 3DS version so I'm hoping pretty hard that they release the new content as DLC separately. Especially since there being a Wind Waker facet to the story pretty much guarantees a pair of Wind Waker-themed maps, and one of the weaknesses of Hyrule Warriors was that it desperately needed a few new maps.

Platy

I have 6 black squares in adventure mode still
and have not touched the other maps...

yet I have clocked nearly 100 hours.. plz

aj9eVFT.jpg

150+ hours, legend mode complete 100%, first adventure map complete 100% (only non gold map is the infamous agitha one) and half of the second map already done with bits and pieces of the other ones.

....90% done in coop =x

Nia

A code comes with the 3DS version comes with a code to unlock the 3DS content in the Wii U version. I'm sure you can find someone on GAF with a 3DS but not a Wii U willing to sell you the code.

I see. It will be like the Smash 3DS demo then. If there is no other option I will use that method.

E3? That artwork has been out before the Wii U version I believe.
The art featuring Legends' cast at the end of its E3 trailer, including Tetra and the King, has a bit behind one of the characters where you can see what looks like a crossbow. Hence the speculation that crossbow-toting fem!Link will become playable.

Razmos

I don't want to give Koei ideas, but I would pay for an "accelerator" cheat DLC for this game. So much grinding...
Well there is the rupee glitch

Is that confirmed or is this just an educated guess?

I'm pretty sure she was scrapped.
Unused concept.
I'm pretty sure that there was a story shortly after the artbooks release that said they were surprised by how popular the concept was and said they were considering adding it to the game later, so I wouldn't exactly call it scrapped.
Especially with the crossbow in the 3DS version which pretty much confirms she is in.

They should add a challenge mode where you fight neverending waves of Links. Especially if they add fem!Link. You must fight off the encroaching preposterous numbers of Links!

Maybe the crossbow will be wielded by Malon? Probably not, but I can dream.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm pretty sure that there was a story shortly after the artbooks release that said they were surprised by how popular the concept was and said they were considering adding it to the game later, so I wouldn't exactly call it scrapped.
Especially with the crossbow in the 3DS version which pretty much confirms she is in.

It was initially a concept that they didn't have time to flesh out and omitted it. They are probably gonna add it in for Legends though.

Maybe those conceptual costumes for the characters as well.

Razmos

Both, kinda: https://youtu.be/C2L8Cfafrvc?t=1m27s

I would have to imagine the reason it only shows Tetra and the King is because they didn't want to reveal the other things like Toon Link back when the game was first revealed.
Oh I knew about the transfer, I meant about the code being used to transfer the characters, I didn't think we knew how the transfer would work yet.

It's logical to assume it will be a code, but is it confirmed?

Maybe those conceptual costumes for the characters as well.
Hmm, I hope so.
Pineapple Staff/Lady Gaga Cia please
Cia-premi%C3%A8re-apparence-Imgur-291x600.jpg

or Valkyrie Zelda
tumblr_nd1x976Oet1tv58zko2_1280.jpg

or long haired Impa
13-Impa-initial-design.jpg

Hmmm yes please

I think all the designs in HW are better than any other Zelda game

Impa is the only one I like.

The rest are too "anime" looking, especially Ganondorf who looks ridiculous and is missing his cyan and maroon sash that's consistently used in his design that ties his designs together. His armor is also way off color for Ganondorf.

Thank god for Twilight Princess costumes.

Mesoian

150+ hours, legend mode complete 100%, first adventure map complete 100% (only non gold map is the infamous agitha one) and half of the second map already done with bits and pieces of the other ones.

....90% done in coop =x

330 hours. First adventure map complete, second probably 80% done, haven't even broken bedrock in the 3rd and 4th adventure map.

There might too much content in this game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

The rest are too "anime" looking, especially Ganondorf who looks ridiculous and is missing his cyan and maroon sash that's consistently used in his design that ties his designs together. His armor is also way off color for Ganondorf.

Enjoy your flip flap cape

nubbe

Lana is definitely too anime, she don't fit in...

Eunsc1t.jpg

Sagitario

wiiu_screenshot_gamepp0ub2.jpg

I will get it IF there is a cross save feature, I won't be playing it all over again.
I hope they fix balance issues, I wouldn't mind more overpowered characters because of how spongy some stages/enemies get (looking at you, Majora's Mask map) or at least make it cheaper to level up.

As true as it may be seeing the outcry in this thread of "no cross save no buy" this is going to be a huge mistake. Especially as the game already has some form of connectivity. MH3 did it via a seperate free app on the 3DS.

One might compare it to SSB (which really should have had shared custom moves unlocks but did not) but Hyrule Warriors is far worse when it comes to perfect weapons (needs to 5* tier 3 with 8 slots and the right skills, you can transfer skills on one at a time but I don't think you can delete unwanted skills) not to mention the whole master sword thing (get a stupid of kills to unseal it but only once you've unlocked all the weapons can you start this). Level 255 characters are mostly useless as most stages have attack stat caps anyway.

Now if they significantly cut down on the grindy parts* (I hear other Dynasty Warriors games have unlockable preset weapons which are close enough to perfect) I wouldn't mind but no way can you get me to otherwise play an improved version of the game (multiple characters and can switch).

*-Which I add is becoming too common in games these days.

You can, but it's freaking expensive.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really hoping that all of the new 3DS content comes to Wii U. I love The Wind Waker enough that I am willing to buy the 3DS version for it, but I don't want to play any of it on a portable where the enemy count will be lower and the environments won't be as pretty. I want to experience The Wind Waker content on my TV screen, and I really hope Koei Tecmo is going to allow me to do that.

Jackano

An upgrade badge will not be shown in a trailer video or a montage artwork. So even if it would have been possible for it to be a new weapon from LCT and/or an upgrade badge, it doesn't change anything, Linkle is the best bet.

I see why people say Lana is too anime, but IMO she's fine and she got (and most of HW characters) a good design. I think this character design is much better than some in the past Zelda games from the main series. Resistance guys in TP, baddies in Spirit Tracks... all largely inferior to Lana/Ganondorf/Cya, even Wizzro in HW.

The only problem IMO is that we don't see much of her story. She just shows up and OK let's go defeat Cya. Actually seeing some sort of temple where she works with ornaments that recall her outfit would have helped.

Golnei

The HW redesigns were nice enough; but I agree that they did feel more generic than those of the main games - Ganondorf and Zelda in particular sort of felt like they lost the most of their original character, though the former is a striking enough design in a vaccuum. The original characters ranged from bland to trash, but Wizzro was actually a fairly good design; even if he probably doesn't exactly count as original due to being heavily influenced by the main series' existing Wizzrobe and Poe types.

In any case, it worked in context, and I'd fully welcome a similar makeover for all the other characters who were portrayed more faithfully as DLC or in a future re-release.

Blues1990

I'm still hoping for some playable characters to represent the portable zelda games. Veran/Onox, Ricky, Maple, Marin, Seres, & Yuga would all be great picks for the game's ever expanding roster of characters.

ChrisD

Wii U will also get all of this new content, right? I'm still not sold on the 3DS pulling off Hyrule Warriors in a cohesive manner.

Rafavert

Well that's because they are.

Especially Demisedorf.

Dat sexy mane....!

But... Helmaroc King... DO WANT! My favourite boss in this franchise <3
(Until he loses the helmet. Then I want nothing to do with him)

Wii U will also get all of this new content, right? I'm still not sold on the 3DS pulling off Hyrule Warriors in a cohesive manner.

We got confirmation of at least Tetra and King of the Red Lions as free DLC for the Wii U version. No word on further characters/modes, though.

Please, Nintendo, don't make me go back to Hyrule Warriors... I've spent 230 hours in this thing. I'm always telling myself that I'm done with the game (first adventure map completed, 1/3 of master quest done), but every time I turn on my Wii U I feel like that little Link icon is calling me... what an amazing game.

Razmos

Please, Nintendo, don't make me go back to Hyrule Warriors... I've spent 230 hours in this thing. I'm always telling myself that I'm done with the game (first adventure map completed, 1/3 of master quest done), but every time I turn on my Wii U I feel like that little Link icon is calling me... what an amazing game.
I feel you.

On one hand it's amazing to feel like there is ALWAYS something to do in the game and that I can go back to it whenever I want.

but on the other hand I'm like "No! enough is enough!"

I feel like people are forgetting the 3DS version will have the character-switching feature from Samurai Warriors Chronicles. Have up to four characters on a map at a time, and you can touch their icon to switch between them. So no more running across the whole map with one character; you can just switch to a different character who's closer to the fortress in peril or whatever. I might buy the 3DS version just for that. Maybe.

Top Bottom