• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new official website update (June 26) [Up: full-size screenshots]

BBboy20

I hope they reveal some Zelda characters from a game other than TP soon. Agitha is awesome and all, but the game is starting to feel like Twilight Princess Warriors.
Sheik fans are going to be irate if the mystical ninja isn't playable.

Neiteio

Sheik fans are going to be irate if the mystical ninja isn't playable.
MysticalNinjaStarringGoemon.jpg

Fandangox

Skyward Sword had a lot of bad things in it, but the Silent Realm sections isn't one of them.

(or aren't? dunno how the plural works in this case)

Neiteio

I think Saria is my most-wanted character from a "I love that character" standpoint, but from a gameplay standpoint, I think Darunia would be the most fun addition. He'd curl up in a ball and roll around the battlefield at high speed when dashing, and he could swing the Megaton Hammer or even brawl open-handed using the Golden Gauntlets. Give him a redesign like Impa -- maybe braids in his beard and black iron armor like Dangoro -- and we're good to go!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
For those interested, as of June 28th, 2014, 15:50 GMT

YouTube views, official Tecmo Koei channel

Hyrule Warriors E3 Trailer 06.10.14 - 137,233 - 449 likes / 15 dislikes
Hyrule Warriors Link #1 06.20.14 - 310,577 - 1,177 likes / 35 dislikes
Hyrule Warriors Link #2 06.23.14 - 186,964 - 603 likes / 29 dislikes
Hyrule Warriors Impa #1 06.23.14 - 208,717 - 748 likes / 11 dislikes
Hyrule Warriors Zelda #1 06.24.14 - 648,566 - 1,708 likes / 221 dislikes

Neiteio

The allure of Zelda, Warrior Waifu, is strong

-Horizon-

Whoa whoa whoa, people hating on the Silent Realm?? That was like some of the best stuff in Skyward Sword! Made tear collecting actually worth it.

What I really hate about the beginning of TP (besides Ilia, who I hate) is that the whole "Bulblins kidnapping the kids" plot meant... nothing. Like there was never any reason besides "teh evilz" it had nothing to do with Zant's take-over of Hyrule and was just there to have a sloppy "get rancher out of his home village" plot point.

Then we get COOL characters with the resistance... that are barely in the game at all, besides robbing you of a cool miniboss fight in the final dungeon. The girl knight (forgot her name) deserved a larger role. I mean you can have a NPC have large role in the story (look at Groose and dat character development)

Kouriozan

By the way, NoA is uploading the english trailers on their youtube channel.
I'm on mobile so it's hard to make a new thread.

Kouriozan

not worth a new thread they don't even speak so it is just the same videos as the japanese stuff we got all last week

still looks nice
They are slightly different but it's really minor. But yeah I guess it's not thread worthy.
Edit : rewatched the JP one, nevermind they are exactly the same.

zeldablue

Too kawaii for Zelda. :mad:

I like the cube thing though. I wonder if she's a reference to another Zelda thing. She seems like a sage.

Kinsei

Banned
Aww.. but I wanna play Ashei!

Ashei.png

Her design is so boss...

I'm not saying I don't want anymore TP characters, I'd love Telma, Russl, and Ashei to be playable, but they need to reveal characters from other games. Stalchildren as an enemy is not enough OoT representation, and so far there has been nothing from MM, WW, and the 2D games.

L~A

Damn, missed that new trailer... :(

Interesting, wasn't expecting Zelda to be more popular than Link... Guess they made the right call with making Zelda playable (though that would've been really surprising if she weren't).

Curious to see how that's gonna evolve in the following weeks, and hope people liking Zelda in HW means more people will check the game out when it comes out.

I'm not saying I don't want anymore TP characters, I'd love Telma, Russl, and Ashei to be playable, but they need to reveal characters from other games. Stalchildren as an enemy is not enough OoT representation, and so far there has been nothing from MM, WW, and the 2D games.

There definitely won't be over 50 playable characters, so yup, more characters from other Zelda games would be better imo. There'll always be HW2 for Ashei and co :p

69wpm

Didn't know where to post so it's gonna be here. Apparently some guy played HW at Japan Expo. According to a Nintendo employee (?) the game has online co-op. Read about it here and take it with a grain of salt for now.

maxcriden

Didn't know where to post so it's gonna be here. Apparently some guy played HW at Japan Expo. According to a Nintendo employee (?) the game has online co-op. Read about it here and take it with a grain of salt for now.

That's awesome but seems so unlikely. I figure they would've touted it as a feature of the game already if it's in there.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
you could make a thread tho i dont know if it falls under rumor territory.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Most of Koei's recent Warriors games have local and online co-op.

Even WO3 Hyper for Wii U had it.

Kouriozan

Would be shocked if there wasn't, WO3H Wii U has it and 1 player on Gamepad/1 on TV, also :)

Weng

Should've asked the rep if the game is 1080p native to make sure if it's a reliable source.

Top Bottom