• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new official website update (June 26) [Up: full-size screenshots]

I hope this plays similar enough to a mainline DW game to give people a better idea of why they are so much fucking fun mechanically, but with an aesthetic they understand.

Neiteio

I'm super happy Agitha is in. She and Midna were my favourite 2 characters in Twilight princess :3

To be honest, I've been mulling over it a lot and I think I'll probably end up playing Agitha in my first play through.
You don't pick one character per playthrough in story mode. It's been confirmed you use different characters at different points. Sometimes you can choose from several characters, and sometimes you have to play as a specific character. It depends on the chapter.

But it's already been confirmed by Treehouse that there's an "other mode" that can't talk about, but where players will spend the bulk of their time. As with every Warriors game, this other mode will likely let you play as any character (including villains), in any level.

Pimp slap? More like imp slap

1403825966-26.jpg

LIKE A BOSS

[/zant]

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I for one hope Ganondorf uses no weapons and instead is lifted up straight from his Smash Bros. interpretation. For the lulz.

Finally, a game that caters to my desire to unleash hordes of insects on people and then throw them at the moon. I didn't know I had that desire, but this game has revealed that I do. I can't believe that I'm hyped for a DW game...

Finally, a game that caters to my desire to unleash hordes of insects on people and then throw them at the moon. I didn't know I had that desire, but this game has revealed that I do. I can't believe that I'm hyped for a DW game...

Don't be silly, this is a serious serious game, of course you can't throw people at the moon. That would be ridiculous.

You throw the moon at people.

I love how people pretend that Nintendo hasn't had DLC (Unpaid and Paid) for many, many games for almost a decade whenever new DLC is mentioned.

You're probably right, but the first game from Nintendo themselves that I can recall having paid DLC is Fire Emblem: Awakening, discounting any games that just used unlock codes like DQIX or Layton. What games were actually their earliest to include DLC?

Sorry for the brief derail but genuinely curious.

Hastati

I'm not sure how I feel about the quality of the environments of this game (almost wish they went with simpler or more stylized and crisper textures for the ground/buildings), but otherwise I'm really digging the vibrant artistic direction so far.

NEO0MJ

You're probably right, but the first game from Nintendo themselves that I can recall having paid DLC is Fire Emblem: Awakening, discounting any games that just used unlock codes like DQIX or Layton. What games were actually their earliest to include DLC?

I think the first game to offer DLC were the DS pokemon titles. After that FE: A was the first Nintendo game to offer pad DLC, followed shortly but New Super Mario Bros 2.

L~A

No videos yet?

Looks my predictions were wrong (what a surprise!), and there's no trailer today. Hopefully they're just late :p

My guess is, they probably want to space that kind of stuff, and they just had a big batch of info + screens and 3 trailers this week after all.

To be perfectly honest, the first "first party" Nintendo portable game with downloadable content was Pokemon Crystal on the Game Boy Color. You could connect your GBC to a cell phone and download CELebi to your game via the internet. However, there were a lot of DS games with DLC off of Nintendo WiFi a long time ago as well.

If you want downloadable content on one of their consoles, we also could pretend that Satellaview or N64DD content count.

But yeah, Celebi's (Serebii's) name is a pun because of how you get it. Through cell phones.

L~A

If you look at the link with the twilight princess outfit(with poor tp assets), I guess the Agitha one is the in-game model lol.

Yeah, for some reason Link's face look a bit odd.

And man, I'm already experiencing daily trailer withdrawal, ha ha.

Neiteio

Watching both Treehouse Live videos, I'm really excited to play this game now. I like the way the game's writer put it -- you get into a zen-like flow where you're compulsively addicted to keeping the map "blue" rather than the "red" of enemy-controlled territory, and you're constantly shifting priorities mid-battle: Do I rush to the aid of an ally on the other side of the map, or can I forge ahead and reclaim this territory from a boss? And there's incentive to play the entire map since there are chests containing rupees and Pieces of Heart (confirmed in the Day 3 stream) and other goodies, as well.

L~A

Well, I'm still looking forward to learn more about missions themselves, as the E3 demo's was quite short.

Pretty cool if there's incentives to conquer the whole map, it wasn't quite like that in Samurai Warriors Chronicles for example (didn't prevent me from trying to conquer everything anyway, ha ha).

Neiteio

This weekend is the Next Generation Hobby Fair in Japan. Smash will be there. Maybe Hyrule Warriors, too? And maybe we'll get even more playable characters! :-O

If she's in the game, the character I most want to see next is Saria.

L~A

This weekend is the Next Generation Hobby Fair in Japan. Smash will be there. Maybe Hyrule Warriors, too? And maybe we'll get even more playable characters! :-O

If she's in the game, the character I most want to see next is Saria.

For starters, it's the Wolrd Hobby Fair ;)

And secondly... I doubt it'll be there. Not on Nintendo's booth, and I'm not sure TK got one. It's a show aimed for kids (toys and stuff), so I doubt Hyrule Warriors really fit the bill.

Neiteio

For starters, it's the Wolrd Hobby Fair ;)

And secondly... I doubt it'll be there. Not on Nintendo's booth, and I'm not sure TK got one. It's a show aimed for kids (toys and stuff), so I doubt Hyrule Warriors really fit the bill.
Why did they misspell "World?"

Just giving you a hard time, lol

I like the way the game's writer put it -- you get into a zen-like flow where you're compulsively addicted to keeping the map "blue" rather than the "red" of enemy-controlled territory, and you're constantly shifting priorities mid-battle
Inkling confirmed for Hyrule Warriors! ;D

I'm super happy Agitha is in. She and Midna were my favourite 2 characters in Twilight princess :3

To be honest, I've been mulling over it a lot and I think I'll probably end up playing Agitha in my first play through. As much as I love Midna, Agitha's quirkiness just kind of edges it out for me. The new girl Lana looks like the kind of character I play too so it looks like I'm all set for multiple playthroughs XD I'm even liking the new Zelda design as she's slightly less stoic than her TP counterpart (I can respect stoic, but I prefer playing a character who looks like they might at least be enjoying themselves on some level :p )

So rare to have a game with multiple playable characters I really like to choose from :3

Also, the 2 player coop with one on TV and one on the pad makes me extra happy :D

No way Agitha will be unlocked from the beginning.

!

Even if you could, you shouldn't play through the whole game as one single character. Imo, the biggest fun of these games is playing as different characters.

L~A

Why did they misspell "World?"

Just giving you a hard time, lol

I told them not to let me in charge of naming it. Did they listen? No. Therefore, no my problem.

:p

!

Even if you could, you shouldn't play through the whole game as one single character. Imo, the biggest fun of these games is playing as different characters.

Indeed. And Hyrule Warriors characters all look like they're really fun to play so... just sticking to one character is dumb. You really should play with as many characters as possible: that's how it was meant to be. It's not like a fighter where you need to chose a main and stick with it.

Indeed. And Hyrule Warriors characters all look like they're really fun to play so... just sticking to one character is dumb. You really should play with as many characters as possible: that's how it was meant to be. It's not like a fighter where you need to chose a main and stick with it.

Meh, I'm surprisingly vain when it comes to characters: I can't enjoy a game if I don't care for the character I'm controlling.
As diverse as the characters were, in Ninety Nine Nights I was basically putting up with most of the cast to get to the ones I really liked (Tyruu and Dwingvatt were super fun :3)

That said, with the roster for Hyrule Warriors so far, it doesn't look like my unusual problem will be an issue as I like the majority of them :D

Thorakai

I'm a bit disappointed that Midna, Zant, and Agitha remained the same from their Twilight Princess appearances. I was hoping all the characters would get a makeover like Link, Zelda, and Impa.

I'm a bit disappointed that Midna, Zant, and Agitha remained the same from their Twilight Princess appearances. I was hoping all the characters would get a makeover like Link, Zelda, and Impa.

Wouldn't make any sense with the story they're telling.

Real Answer- DLC

zeldablue

It looks like in the story, they end up in the Era of Twilight after the first section of the game. Hence Agitha, Midna and Zant.

The first section might be SS oriented (Lanayru Desert and Skyloft?)

I'm guessing they'll time warp to OoT and other big ole' eras as well. (It's cool that the timeline gave us names for each era for this game. :p) even though it's not canon, we'll probably be jumping through the timeline. Looks like it'll be reverse chronological game release order.

1st stage SS (2011) Sky Era
2nd stage TP (2006) Twilight Era
3rd stage TWW/PH/ST + TMC/FS/FSA (2002 - 2010) Toon...Era
4th stage OoT/MM (1998 - 2000) Hero of Time Era
5th stage ALttP/OoX/LA/ALBW (1992 - 2001, 2013) Classic Era
6th stage LoZ/AoL -> (1986 - 1987) 80's...era
7th stage Final Stage

Mmmmmmm Gimme that OoT Link alt and young Link! @___@

Kinsei

Banned
I hope they reveal some Zelda characters from a game other than TP soon. Agitha is awesome and all, but the game is starting to feel like Twilight Princess Warriors.

Top Bottom