• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I dyed my hair from black to white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing. I always wanted to try something similar but with short hair, so it's good to see what kind of hassle I should expect. How long does the dye lasts? I mean, how long before the root of the hair starts showing again? Complete hair noob here.

yuki.gif

LCfiner

Gaf is merciless.

koam said:
I honestly can't tell if you're a boy or a girl or why you even made this thread tbh

SpacLock said:
You have successfully transformed into an old man.

The Lamonster said:
Now it's time you learn how to use a sword.

Drkirby said:
My first thought is "So, your getting ready to cosplay as a character from Final Fantasy?"

Stitch said:
now wear lot's of belts and you look like a kingdom hearts/final fantasy character

Darkman M said:
You succeeded in looking like a Final Fantasy character grats? :lol

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Nomura is pleased.

BattleMonkey said:
You need more straps and zippers

lethial said:
Well congrats, it looks awful.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
You have very fine hair. I wish my hair looked like that.
Someone mentioned something about a job interview. Good luck with that.

Dresden

Not enough hairgel.

Tbh, I think you need a haircut because you don't look good with that stupid long hair (specially since its brushed to the side like that), and white is a terrible fucking color, BUT you do deserve some props for having the guts to let yourself be ridiculed like this.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I don't get the hair dye hate. Do you guys not like makeup on women either or something?

Although white is pretty crazy. Only some people can pull it off, I can't do anything light (not even most blonde shades). Usually stick with browns and those sort of mid-range colors. Have mine dark blue right now, when I change I'm gonna try to find a lighter type of color.

esquire said:

Wow

Charron said:
I don't get the hair dye hate. Do you guys not like makeup on women either or something?

Although white is pretty crazy. Only some people can pull it off, I can't do anything light (not even most blonde shades). Usually stick with browns and those sort of mid-range colors. Have mine dark blue right now, when I change I'm gonna try to find a lighter type of color.

It's not because of the color

Willectro

Banned
Charron said:

Wait, OP is a woman?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Sors immanis
Et inanis
Sors immanis
Et inanis

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias (Gloriosa)
Ne me mori facias (Generosa)

Sephiroth

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Sors immanis
Et inanis
Sors immanis
Et inanis

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias
Veni, veni, venias
Ne me mori facias

Sephiroth

ShinNL

-COOLIO- said:
more pics, im thinking of trying this but with some hair left black so people know im not an old man.
I wasn't sure if you really want to try this or was being sarcastic (in that case, I can handle the mocking) but here are a few shots I took so you can judge if this is an old man look or just something fun one can do once in their lifetime.

MCPhoto_20100629_213104.png

-
MCPhoto_20100629_213153.png

-
MCPhoto_20100629_213221.png

I personally don't think I look like I'm older or anything, but it could be that my brain is corrupted with anime and games.

PS. I'm a straight guy...

Ceres

Banned
I dyed my hair from brown to white to orange once. That took foreeeever to grow back out. I eventually had to dye my hair brown again.

You can continue to treat it if you want with something like Manic Panic's Virgin Snow and it will help tone down the brassier bits and keep your color fresh until the roots come in.

I used to bleach and dye my hair a lot. I recommend investing in a good leave-in condition and applying as needed. My hair is pretty healthy and has a lot of natural oil so I didn't have to do it very often at all, but something like that helps a bunch, especially after bleaching, and my hair never got stiff for long no matter what I did, and naturally, it's pretty dark... though not as dark as yours! Yours looks pretty glossy, though, so I assume you're taking care of it.

Also: I like it. Fuck all these haters! I'm not much for the waxing craziness, but the color looks good.

eta: moar words

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Well, at least as white it can get.

First, this is how my Rubik's Cube used to look like:

x7Y0u.png

I've been building Rubik's Cubes for a long time, and I used to put pictures and stuff on all the sides. But I decided to stop that a while ago, so the last few years I had just my regular colored Rubik's Cube. I promised myself I wouldn't change it around unless it was going to be white. Well, somehow I got bored and started this project.

I'll spare you the greasy details of how it all happened. (Yeah, I know what you're thinking: Emo!)

Now the Cube is COOL AS HELL and super easy to solve. It really impresses people at the bar.

vSV67.jpg

Mission Accomplished: Colored to White.

This is the final Rubik's Cube alteration of my life, so thank you for reading my story. I hope you enjoyed it and my apologies if I wasted your time, but I just felt like sharing.

Dresden

Soneet said:
I wasn't sure if you really want to try this or was being sarcastic (in that case, I can handle the mocking) but here are a few shots I took so you can judge if this is an old man look or just something fun one can do once in their lifetime.

MCPhoto_20100629_213104.png

-
MCPhoto_20100629_213153.png

-
MCPhoto_20100629_213221.png

I personally don't think I look like I'm older or anything, but it could be that my brain is corrupted with anime and games.

PS. I'm a straight guy...
Well, the anime chicks probably dig you, right? There's probably one or two per every convention that's decently attractive, go for it.

I find it hard to hate because I really wanted hair like that in middle school. I wanted to look like Squall.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
you should go tell your father that you've just made three youtube videos and a thread about styling your hair.

he'll be so proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom